Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

How would you order each TF cartoon/movie/OVA you've seen...

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: How would you order each TF cartoon/movie/OVA you've seen...

Postby Sabrblade » Thu May 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Wing Saber wrote:yes, and i liked those episodes. and ohh i didnt know that only shows we've seen at least 2/3 of counted...
That's why I specified this:
Sabrblade wrote:Though, there are a few things to note:
1. Do not blend the cartoons, movies, and OVAs into one single list; keep each category separated.
2. Only list cartoons that you have seen either the entirety of or the majority of. If you have only seen a few episodes of a certain series and have not seen at least approximately 2/3 of it, exclude it from the list. As, it would be unfair to judge an incomplete series without having seen the bulk of it.
So ya might wanna edit that list to give a fairer opinion. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri May 28, 2010 7:41 am

Improved list:
Cartoons:
Armada
Cybertron
G1
Energon
Animated

Movies:
1985 Movie
ROTF
2007 movie
Wing Saber

Postby Mechabreaker » Fri May 28, 2010 1:07 pm

Cartoons
Beast Wars
Animated
Victory
G1
RID
Beast Machines
Cybertron
Energon
Armada

Movies
TFTM
Transformers
ROTF

OVAs
Theft of the Golden Disk
Mechabreaker

Postby skywarp408 » Fri May 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Series

1) G1
2) Beastwars
3) Beast Machines
4) Masterforce
5) Headmasters
6) Victory
7) rid

Movies

1) G1
2) ROTF
3) 2007 one
skywarp408

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:50 pm

lioconvoy wrote:i've not sceen the version with the figures but i'm guessing it looks pritty sweet.
"Sweet" isn't the word I'd use, honestly. It's just the same basic stry as the animated one, but with toys and recycled footege of the cartoon. Plus, Galvatron's in it as a different guy from Megatron (cuz, Hasbro kept Galvy's a identity as Megs a secret and Takara didn't know of it back then). :roll:

lioconvoy wrote:is there anyware where your could suggest that i can watch the otherbotcon anims?
I think TotGD was the only one done so far.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: How would you order each TF cartoon/movie/OVA you've see

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Okay, I finally got around to watching all 13 Cyber Missions episodes and... to call them mediocre would be an understatement.

I mean, I knew it was hard to find a series worse than Energon, but, wow, there was little-to-no thought put into any of this! I can understand them not trying to make it be a "great" series, but they could have at least tried to make it "good", or even "decent". But nope, what we get something so bad that it looks like a mere grade school child made it for school at the last instant.

The CGI was tacky. No one's mouths moved beyond the second episode, leaving many to either speak with their mouths always closed or always open. The voices were shoddy, as nearly every Decepticon sounded the same. The plots were simple, but very flat, as almost nothing that important happened in any of them. And the whole thing just felt rushed and unformulated.

The only positive I can give it is that it wasn't as much a hackjob as the two Universe webisodes. Whatever effort they tried to put into this didn't hold up.

Speaking objectionally, however, this series did give us the only fictional portrayal of a Power Core Combiner duo: Smolder and his smart-mouth Mini-Con Chopster. And, it established a new location in the movies: a human city named Scramble City.

Final verdict: Worse than Energon, but only barely above Universe.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Improved list:
Cartoons:
Armada
Cybertron
G1
Energon
Animated

Movies:
1985 Movie
ROTF
2007 movie

Having seen more, I now wish to revise this.
Cartoons:
Cybertron
G1
Armada
RID
Prime (as I have seen the entire series that has been released)
Energon
Animated
Movies:
Transformers (2007)
Transformers: The Movie (1985)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Video Games:
Transformers: War for Cybertron (2010)
Transformers (2002)
Transformers: The Game (2007 movie)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: The Game
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Prime (as I have seen the entire series that has been released)
Since there's supposed to be many more episodes to come, I've opted to withhold my final judgement of this series until having seen a good chunk of the series beyond its initial five-episode pilot.

Wing Saber wrote:Video Games:
Transformers (2002)
Technically the inclusion of video games isn't required in this, but then again, there's no harm in including them.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Transformers (2002)
Technically the inclusion of video games isn't required in this, but then again, there's no harm in including them.

Since I have not seen any OVA's, nor have any idea what they are, I decided to replace that section with Video Games
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:44 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Transformers (2002)

Since I have not seen any OVA's, nor have any idea what they are, I decided to replace that section with Video Games
"OVA" = "Original Video Animation". It refers to any standalone animated special or short that has been released without either a TV or theatrical release, often being released directly to video or DVD first. This was the case with those ones listed (though, of those, "Theft of the Golden Disk" is the only U.S.-made one so it may not technically be counted as an OVA).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion