Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

How would you order each TF cartoon/movie/OVA you've seen...

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: How would you order each TF cartoon/movie/OVA you've see

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:48 am

TriPredRavage wrote:The problem with that (and subsequentially what I'm going to pick at most of what you said in response to me) is that the AllSpark Almanac is outside of the animated series. While it may clear up those things, it doesn't solve those problems that exist within the series. So, while it's nice that the AA can give us some insight to why those short comings came to be or how they would have resolved, it doesn't actually resolve them, so those issues still exist and stand against the series. But I do agree; Animated was overrated. Despite the third season's shortcomings, it still had some fantastic moments, but it was without a doubt in my mind the weakest of the three seasons. But, the series was still strong enough to make my number 2!
Even still, the books are still a part of the animated series' canonicity. They chronicle everything that went on in both the cartoon and the Arrival comic series, as well as expanding on the universe of the cartoon.

And, "overrated"?

TriPredRavage wrote:Have 8 episodes aired? I thought only 7 had.
Oh, whoops. You're right. I miscounted. Episode 8 airs Friday. :oops:

TriPredRavage wrote:Either way, if you were going to be finicky about people's ratings of Prime and their reasons why, then you shouldn't have included it. ;)
I didn't originally when I started this thread. That first post has undergone a few edits since then. Though, I' have been considering removing it until it get closer to its completion.

TriPredRavage wrote:Also, don't forget there was a planned 4th season for Animated as well, so don't let the planned 52+ episodes weigh heavily on you. You'd be better to only consider what will be, rather than what might. ...Like Dinobot with the Golden Discs! :lol:
Except that the 26 episodes are already done and the next 26 are already currently being made.

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I think you're a little confused. There was no post-Beast Machines Universe cartoon. Only comics.

Then help me clear this up. I remember there was a DVD/CD that came with the Universe figures that had an Armada episode on it and a sort of flash video of Universe stuff on it. If I could find my disc, I would watch it, but god only knows where it is today.
It was a motion comic, which isn't the same thing as a cartoon. The Universe cartoon I mentioned in the first post consisted of two standalone webisodes for the 2008 toyline.

TriPredRavage wrote: But, dude, I wish that IDW or somebody would get on translating the Mangas. I'd love to see FSRLTF, BWMetals, BWII, BWNeo (and its weird animals becoming Transformers... thing...), and all the others get to the states sometime.
But several manga stories have already been scanlated in English. Granted, not all have, but many have.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:39 am

Sabrblade wrote:Even still, the books are still a part of the animated series' canonicity. They chronicle everything that went on in both the cartoon and the Arrival comic series, as well as expanding on the universe of the cartoon.

See, the issue with that is that it doesn't really matter, and here's why: the only people who are going to be reading it are people like us. Die hards and dedicated fans. Most people aren't going to read it or the Arrival comics, despite their linked cannon. And, like I said before, while the books may expand upon the continuity, or answer all of our burning questions, it doesn't fix the show, because it would require you to go and read these things. If the show is dependent upon another media (i.e. these books), then there is an obvious weakness in the series.

Take the Movie comics, for example. The Movie comics greatly expand upon the Movie Universe. In fact, I think I like the movies more because of those comics. But the movies actually stand up on their own without the comicbooks, despite their linked cannon. And that's what I mean. The movies don't need the comics, the comics are additional. If Animated needs the Arrival comic and Alminac, then that's a flaw in the series.

Sabrblade wrote:And, "overrated"?

Oops! That was a typo. (I was going to bed when I wrote this up). I'll go back and fix the previous post... :oops:

Sabrblade wrote:Except that the 26 episodes are already done and the next 26 are already currently being made.

Something could happen and the show could still get cancelled, though. And if that were to happen, you have no guarantee that they would even air the remaining completed episodes, or even that they would make it onto a DVD release. So, just because another 26 episodes are in preproduction, doesn't mean that there will be another 26 episodes. Season 4 of Animated had started preproduction, Season 3 of Spectacular Spider-Man had started preproduction, Season 2 of Wolverine and the X-Men started preproduction and none of them came to be.

Sabrblade wrote:It was a motion comic, which isn't the same thing as a cartoon. The Universe cartoon I mentioned in the first post consisted of two standalone webisodes for the 2008 toyline.

Hmm... then, yeah, I didn't see this. I'll remove it from my original list.

Sabrblade wrote:But several manga stories have already been scanlated in English. Granted, not all have, but many have.

Thing about that is, I'm an official release kind of guy. I'd much sooner purchase an official release of something than watch/read a pirated version, which has been uploaded/translated by fans.

I honestly can't believe you haven't said anything about my idea for dubbing Robot Masters using the G2/Machine Wars names. I thought for sure you were going to tell me some reason why that wouldn't work or didn't make sense. :lol:
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:09 am

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Except that the 26 episodes are already done and the next 26 are already currently being made.

Something could happen and the show could still get cancelled, though. And if that were to happen, you have no guarantee that they would even air the remaining completed episodes, or even that they would make it onto a DVD release. So, just because another 26 episodes are in preproduction, doesn't mean that there will be another 26 episodes. Season 4 of Animated had started preproduction, Season 3 of Spectacular Spider-Man had started preproduction, Season 2 of Wolverine and the X-Men started preproduction and none of them came to be.
I dunno, Hasbro's pretty dead set about going in full force with this series lasting for seven years. The first season is done, the second season has been green-lit, and two more seasons are in preproduction. They've pretty much covered first four seasons of the series and have currently no plans for any other series.

They have said that, should the series fall out of favor with the fans, that they will take the time to make amendments to it to make it good again, without creating a whole new series again. But, like you said, you know what could happen.

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:It was a motion comic, which isn't the same thing as a cartoon. The Universe cartoon I mentioned in the first post consisted of two standalone webisodes for the 2008 toyline.

Hmm... then, yeah, I didn't see this. I'll remove it from my original list.
When you say "I didn't see this", are you referring to the two 2008 web cartoons?

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:But several manga stories have already been scanlated in English. Granted, not all have, but many have.

Thing about that is, I'm an official release kind of guy. I'd much sooner purchase an official release of something than watch/read a pirated version, which has been uploaded/translated by fans.
What would you say if they were translated by those who had done work for the official stuff (only translating them on their own time for fun instead of work)?

TriPredRavage wrote:I honestly can't believe you haven't said anything about my idea for dubbing Robot Masters using the G2/Machine Wars names. I thought for sure you were going to tell me some reason why that wouldn't work or didn't make sense. :lol:
I considered it, but I didn't wanna open that can of worms in this thread. I will say, though, that I'm usually not a fan of taking two separate individuals and retconning them into being the same person.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:42 am

Sabrblade wrote:I dunno, Hasbro's pretty dead set about going in full force with this series lasting for seven years. The first season is done, the second season has been green-lit, and two more seasons are in preproduction. They've pretty much covered first four seasons of the series and have currently no plans for any other series.

They have said that, should the series fall out of favor with the fans, that they will take the time to make amendments to it to make it good again, without creating a whole new series again. But, like you said, you know what could happen.

Well, I'm both happy and disappointed to hear that. It's good that they're trying to focus on the quality of it, it just hasn't grabbed me yet. And if it fails to, it looks like I'll be sitting out Transformers for upwards of seven years. @_@

Sabrblade wrote:When you say "I didn't see this", are you referring to the two 2008 web cartoons?

I am referring to whatever you are refering to. I didn't watch any sort of Universe anything from 2008.

Sabrblade wrote:What would you say if they were translated by those who had done work for the official stuff (only translating them on their own time for fun instead of work)?

Hmm... tough call. That would deinitely give it a little more cred, but it's still technically a fan production, and pirated. Like I said, I'd much rather have official releases, rather than pirated ones.

Sabrblade wrote:I considered it, but I didn't wanna open that can of worms in this thread. I will say, though, that I'm usually not a fan of taking two separate individuals and retconning them into being the same person.

Too bad it happens all the time, though, huh? :lol:
TriPredRavage

Postby Agent X » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Agent X wrote:Movies
Transformers the Movie
Beast Wars
RoTF
Cool. Not many have seen the Beast Wars II movie, as it was never released in English.

It wasn't the best fan sub i've ever watch but it was worth it

Agent X wrote:Prime
I wouldn't call it fair to include Prime just ye, as only 8/52+ episodes have aired.

agreed but cyberton and Energon never really clicked with me. And for what Prime is right now its good

Agent X wrote:Robot Masters
Which one? Or, is it a tie between both?

Its both, I consider them are of one whole
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby starry* *night » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:25 am

I DON'T think it really had the best quality

but it had the Most Sequences I really enjoyed
so I'm saying
1 Energon
first
2 G1
3 Beast Wars
4 Armada
(I couldn't sit through Cybertron Episodes)

I ignore the movies except for the G1 Optimus Megatron :!: :!: fight sequence :D :!: :!:
Not the Consequenes of the fight - just the fight

I LOVE The Scramble City stuff
but haven't seen the other things listed.
Last edited by starry* *night on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:25 am

starry* *night wrote:1 Energon
You might wanna reconsider energon after reading through this.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:23 pm

Are OVA'a official? They're not recognized by Hasbro, are they?

My TF experience is limited to American releases only. But these are my faves:

G1, the original and still the best.

Beast Wars
Beast Machines
Do I really have to explain these? C'mon!

I haven't seen the G1 movie in the longest time, it's not really fair to say what I remember of it. Except, I've never been a huge fan of Rodimus. :P (or Optimus dying. :o )

The first two live-action films were great, haven't seen the third yet, but the first is my favorite. It's very well done.

My least favorite series?:

The Unicron trilogy ones. I saw most of these despite being bored out of my mind.
RID, from what I remember was aweful. And Animated...*shivers*, I saw alot of these...but it was like eating a bad pizza. Even though, it's not very good...it's still pizza! :lol:

TriPredRavage wrote:...Armada - Armada had some of the weakest art in all of TF series, if not the weakest of all. It's wildly inconsistent from one frame to the next and looks downright awful at times. When the plot is finally revealed to be all about Unicron, nothing happens. Unicron is played out to be the big evil of the whole series, only to do nothing and disappear in the end. Kudos for the Transmetal Rhinox cameo, though!

Oh! No way...dude tell me about the Rhinox cameo! I don't remember that. Just say no kids.

TriPredRavage wrote:...Beast Wars II: Lio Convoy in Imminent Danger - Typical anime movie having no weight on the plot of the series and questionable continuity around, but it was still good. Optimus Primal's appearance makes for all sorts of continuity issues (like him having a Matrix of his own), but that stems from the Japanese translation of the original Beast Wars. Nonetheless, it was cool to See Optimus and Leo fighting the good fight together.

Can you tell us more about the movie?

TriPredRavage wrote:...Season 4 of Animated had started preproduction, Season 3 of Spectacular Spider-Man had started preproduction, Season 2 of Wolverine and the X-Men started preproduction and none of them came to be.

Yeah, but those 'toons suuucked! :lol: ;)
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:32 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:Are OVA'a official? They're not recognized by Hasbro, are they?
Only "Theft of the Golden Disk" is. The rest were all produced under Takara's license.

CYLON (13) wrote:The first two live-action films were great, haven't seen the third yet, but the first is my favorite. It's very well done.
Why haven't you seen the third? And ROTF was terrible.

CYLON (13) wrote:RID, from what I remember was aweful.
It's not a very good idea to judge off of pure memory if the memories aren't that recent. ;)

CYLON (13) wrote:And Animated...*shivers*,
CYLON (13) wrote:Yeah, but those 'toons suuucked! :lol: ;)
What have you got against Animated? It was the second greatest Trasnformers cartoon of all time. Second only to Beast Wars!

CYLON (13) wrote:Oh! No way...dude tell me about the Rhinox cameo! I don't remember that. Just say no kids.

CYLON (13) wrote:Can you tell us more about the movie?
See here and here.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:17 pm

greatness

series

beastmachines
beastwars
animated
rid
cybertron
energon/armada
g1

movies

g1
dotm
1lam
rotf

quality

series

beastmachines
beastwars
cybertron
animated
rid
armada
energon
g1

movies

dotm
1lam
rotf
g1

enjoyment

series

beastmachines
beastwars
cybertron
animated
energon
rid
g1
armada

movies

dotm
rotf
g1
1lam
Last edited by ironrod prime on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ironrod prime

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion