Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

How would you order each TF cartoon/movie/OVA you've seen...

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: How would you order each TF cartoon/movie/OVA you've see

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:18 pm

starry* *night wrote:That my brother recorded so that would be the very latest part I actually saw.

Man, you stopped watching where it gets good!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:40 pm

So, you only got to see the first two story arcs, eh Starry? Well, I can say that Cybertron gets better in its second half. I'd say that what hurts Cybertron the most is when it gets repetitive in two really long cases. The first is all the races on Speed Planet, going from race after race after race will little progression... till Optimus shows up on the planet and helps spice up the story. The other is during their excursion on the Giant Planet, going to through layer after layer after layer after layer trying to get down to the innermost part of the planet, with the most happening is Ransack and Crumplezone getting beaten up all. The. Time! But things get great again once they finally reach the inside. Not to mention Soundwave and Sideways making things more interesting... but still feeling kinda random for one who hadn't followed Armada and Energon (their story makes the most sense to those who had read the Cybertron comic series "Balancing Act", which explains many behind the scenes events of the cartoon to help flesh out its continuity in places where the cartoon itself could not).

Oh, how could I forget Cybertron's biggest flaw?! Silly me! :oops: Its biggest flaw is its excessive stock footage of robot transformations that serve only to pad out episode time. Luckily, the Cybertron dub made use of this extra time to add in some banter by the characters, but all this padding still wasn't that necessary in the first place.

But in spite of its flaws, cybertron was the more well written and most competently dubbed and acted cartoon of the Unicron Trilogy.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:38 pm

Sabrblade wrote:The other is during their excursion on the Giant Planet, going to through layer after layer after layer after layer trying to get down to the innermost part of the planet, with the most happening is Ransack and Crumplezone getting beaten up all. The. Time!

I liked this
It allowed for great character development (IE Scourge)
Backstories (IE Soundwave/Sideways)
The return of conflicts from the beginning of the show (IE Jetfire vs Thundercracker)
and, most importantly, Galvatron
Sabrblade wrote:Oh, how could I forget Cybertron's biggest flaw?! Silly me! :oops: Its biggest flaw is its excessive stock footage of robot transformations that serve only to pad out episode time. Luckily, the Cybertron dub made use of this extra time to add in some banter by the characters, but all this padding still wasn't that necessary in the first place.

Sometimes this even added for some comic relief, like here:
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:07 am

Wing Saber wrote:Sometimes this even added for some comic relief, like here:
Just watched that video. :o Oh my goodness, what an arrogant braggart! During that whole transformation sequence, I just wanted him to stop talking. It's one thing to fill dead air with dialog, it's another to fill it with mind-numbing conceit and insults to his comrades' competence. Man, that guy was much more humble and likable back when he was Wing Dagger. :|
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby starry* *night » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:57 am

Sabrblade wrote:So, you only got to see the first two story arcs, eh Starry?

Tomorrows Sunday I guess I'll be catching up.
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Sometimes this even added for some comic relief, like here:
Just watched that video. :o Oh my goodness, what an arrogant braggart! During that whole transformation sequence, I just wanted him to stop talking. It's one thing to fill dead air with dialog, it's another to fill it with mind-numbing conceit and insults to his comrades' competence. Man, that guy was much more humble and likable back when he was Wing Dagger. :|

heck even energon wingsaber didnt talk that much
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:43 pm

ironrod prime wrote:heck even energon wingsaber didnt talk that much

I just love the part at the end where he says "I don't want to be the bot that stays on saturday night knitting while everyone else goes out to take down the Decepticons!"
I just love the randomsauce of it!
Wing Saber

Previous

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion