Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Vortexx's censorship edits to Transformers: Prime

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Vortexx's censorship edits to Transformers: Prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Forgot to post this last night.

Ladies and gentlemen, episode 14 of Transformers: Prime aired on Vortexx... in a most astonishing manner. Though there was indeed a new commercial break, it played as the second break instead of the third one. And as for all that was cut from this episode, the total number of edits made to this episode outside of the new commercial break was zero. NO CUTS! None! Nada! Zilich! Zip-oh dee doo da! Not a single smidge of footage was cut at all from this episode whatsoever, leaving the new commercial being the only edit done to this episode! :o :shock: :grin: :D :smile: 8-)

1. The new commercial break played after Ratchet, about to walk through the GroundBridge, turns around and says "Of course he does," to Raf, who wants to go with Ratchet to help the Megatron-possessed Bumblebee.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Great gooey gumdrops, two weeks in a row!

Episode 15 aired on Vortexx and, like last week, there were no cuts! A new commercial break, but no cuts. And also like last week, the new commercial break played as the second one instead of as the third.

1. The new commercial break played right after the kids ran under Terrorcon Skyquake between his legs, before the scene cut back the Autobot base with Ratchet at the computer.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:57 pm

*sigh* Well, I guess three weeks in a row was too much to ask for this time. When episode 16 aired on Vortexx yesterday, it was back to normal editing. However, there were thankfully only two edits (at least) this time, counting the new commercial break (which, BTW, was back to being the third on instead of the second).

I say "at least" since there may have been a third edit, but it could have just been a technical issue on my end. You'll see what I mean.

1. Silas's line of "I'm afraid that you won't survive the process, so thank you in advance for your sacrifice. MECH is very much in your debt," was edited to remove the middle part. First, they cut the video off right where Silas would begin to say "MECH is very much in your debt," and then played the audio of that cut out line over where "So thank you in advance for your sacrifice," would play, removing and replacing it. Thus, the new line became, "I'm afraid that you won't survive the process. MECH is very much in your debt."

2. The new commercial break played right after Silas said, "All units... disengage and initiate omega protocols," before the scene switched to an exterior shot of Silas's helicopter pulling out.

Now, what might have been a glitch on my end was, earlier in the end before Edit 2, when Bulkhead yelled "You're supposed to say 'Polo'!" to the MECH soldiers, the audio for that part was really loud for the laser fire but really dim for all other sounds (Bulkhead's yell, collateral damage impacts, MECH soldiers yelling, sounds made by body movements, etc.). If this wasn't just a fluke, then it may have been done to tone down the violence of the scene by drowning out the noise of any MECH soldiers getting injured in the crossfire.

But then again, it would have made more sense to just cut out parts of the scene (if not the whole scene itself) if that really was the case. I compared the audio of the scene to that of my DVDs, and the DVD version sounds fine. The Vortexx recording's audio sounded good for the rest of the episode as well. Just that one part sounded off. I guess we'll just have to wait for a rerun of the episode, or to hear word from anyone else who watched it, to see what's what about this.

EDIT: I checked a second recording of the episode on another DVR. The audio's just as off in that scene on that recording too. Guess Vortexx did change it.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:12 pm

After the edit-fest that episode 12 was, you'd think the next Airachnid episode would be just as butchered, right? Well, episode 17 did air edited, but only had three edits.

1. Airachnid's initial conversation with Silas had one of her lines cut out. Un the uncut version, she says, "Decepticon radio chatter's all abuzz about the workover you gave poor Breakdown. As an Ex-Con, myself, I really should eviscerate you for that! But, an old acquaintance and her nasty little human destroyed my ship and skinned my knee." Right after she says, "I really should eviscerate you for that!" the scene cuts from her to a close up shot of Silas, which stays on screen for only as long as Airachnid says "But," with the scene cutting back to face her as she speaks the rest of her sentence.

In the edited version, her line of "As an Ex-Con, myself, I really should eviscerate you for that!" was removed, with the close up of Silas being shown sooner and having the audio of her speaking "Breakdown" playing over it, while also removing the "But" she spoke from the sentence after the removed one. Thus, the scene played out with her saying "Decepticon radio chatter's all abuzz about the workover you gave poor Breakdown. An old acquaintance and her nasty little human destroyed my ship and skinned my knee."

2. The overhead shot of the MECH soldiers trying to cut open the webbing holding the unconcious, captured Arcee with chainsaws and then pans downward to the right to Silas watching the screens is cut. All we see of the pan is just the part of Silas watching the monitors, since this part had dialogue from Airachnid, while the bits from before had no speaking.

3. The new commercial break played immediately after Airachnid stopped moving after being solidified by the cement.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:42 pm

Oy vey. Episode 18 aired on Vortexx and, while it only had four edits, they were some rather frustrating ones, nonetheless.

1. First and foremost, the new commercial break was the FIRST edit this time, playing ahead of all the preexisting break placements. This one played immediately after Airachnid chuckled while picking up the Polarity Gauntlet after she buried Breakdown.

2. However, that isn't the extent of what was changed at that part. Right after the new commercial break ended, instead of coming back to right after her chuckle, it came back a few frames later, cutting out Airachnid's line of "It was a lovely burial," and her turning around to start walking away. With that removed, the episode instead came back to Airachnid already walking off before we hear the buried Breakdown growling and Airachnid proceeding to mock his muffled speech.

3. The scene with Bulkhead and Miko turning off their loud music and Arcee scolding them was really trimmed down. Right after Bulkhead switched off the music, they cut out Miko's "Aww!", Arcee's line of "A scout should be silent but deadly," Miko and Bulkhead giggling at her for having said that, Arcee's confused "What?", and Bulkhead's response of "'Silent but deadly' means something completely different on Earth," before resuming with Miko saying, "Bulk, let's get our recon on!" However, in the midst of all that was cut, they inserted a shot of Arcee looking confused that was taken from right after she asked "What?", making the whole scene go from the music shutting off, to Arcee looking puzzled, to Miko's line.

4. Airachnid's line to Arcee of "You brought a new partner for me to snuff!" had the "for me to snuff" part cut out, ending the line at "partner" instead.

Also, during the end credits, the preview that played for next week's episode advertised episode 20, instead of 19. Does this mean... are really going to SKIP episode 19 altogether?!!

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:13 pm

They did it! They actually did it! Vortexx went and completely SKIPPED a whole episode! Episode 19 did not air! They instead showed 20, and did not take out any of the references to episode 19 that were in episode 20! That is just pathetic! :-(

Anywho, episode 20 (grrr!) had six edits.

1. The exchange between Airachnid and Starscream in which she says "You snuffed an Autobot?" and he says "Yes I did. Without mercy," was cut.

2. Airachnid's line to Arcee of "Speaking of, add any more deceased partners to your growing list?" was cut off after "Speaking of," leaving only those two words intact.

3. Arcee's line to Optimus of "Even Bot killers? Even Airachnid?" had its "Even Bot killers?" part cut out.

4. The flashback to Cliffjumper's death had the shot of Starscream's impaling him in the chest (the very SAME impalement shot that was NOT cut out back in the edited version of episode 1) cut out.

5. This next cut was just weird. After Airachnid gloats to Bumblebee about how the frozen Optimus would probably be adorned in the Decepticon ship like a trophy, she fires a few shots at the rocks nearby to where Bumblebee is hiding from her. After the first couple of shots, the camera shifts a bit to look more at Bumblebee, who then notices something in front of himself. The camera turns to see what he's looking at, which is another large rock structure that's taking some laser fire from Airachnid, and then proceeds to crumble and fall towards Bee, prompting him to fire back at the debris and stir up a large dust cloud. The quick bit of us getting a better look at Bee and both him and the camera turning to look at the rocks in front of him take enemy fire (as detailed in the underlined text was cut. Goodness know why, though!

6. After the injured Arcee says to Starscream, "This... is for CLIFJUMPER!" and lashes back at him, striking him three times, she uses her elbow to knock him to the ground. This is where the new commercial break played, coming back in right where it left off with Starscream telling Arcee that she might as well kill him since his fate is sealed anyway.

And, as if skipping one episode wasn't bad enough, the preview for next week's episode showed that they're skipping the next TWO episodes (which are the Synthetic Energon episodes) and going right into episode 23 ("One Shall Fall")! For spark's sake, Vortexx! What is WRONG with you?! :x :x :x

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:35 pm

The fact that Vortexx skips episodes as well as do serious censoring, could hint to that TF Prime is a more adult cartoon (as in how realistic and brutal it is), as Vortexx removes what they find unfit for kids up to a certain age.

Though I agree that a lot of their censoring just have no logic, like what I mentioned earlier there they made a scene more sinister through their edit.

It will be interesting to see how much they would edit the Unicron episodes, as a realistic Unicron is scary even for grown ups (just ask me :lol: ).
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Unicron fan wrote:The fact that Vortexx skips episodes as well as do serious censoring, could hint to that TF Prime is a more adult cartoon (as in how realistic and brutal it is), as Vortexx removes what they find unfit for kids up to a certain age.
Yet, they next two episodes they're skipping are more cartoony than the uber-dark and serious one that they're jumping right into. The previous dark episodes show that they've no problems showing the episodes if they can just cut out what they need to cut. The episodes that they're skipping have little, if any, objectionable content, thus their skipping them makes no sense.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:56 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Unicron fan wrote:The fact that Vortexx skips episodes as well as do serious censoring, could hint to that TF Prime is a more adult cartoon (as in how realistic and brutal it is), as Vortexx removes what they find unfit for kids up to a certain age.
Yet, they next two episodes they're skipping are more cartoony than the uber-dark and serious one that they're jumping right into. The previous dark episodes show that they've no problems showing the episodes if they can just cut out what they need to cut. The episodes that they're skipping have little, if any, objectionable content, thus their skipping them makes no sense.

That is why I also said that a lot of their censoring have no logic, and skipping episodes is a way of censoring. :smile:
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:29 pm

As advertised, episodes 21 and 22 were skipped, with episode 23 playing on Vortexx this past Saturday. It had a grand total of 12 edits, the most edits of any episode thus far.

1. Fowler's line of "Prime, the Cons really stepped in it this time. They hit a U.S. military lab. My Boys in Green'll fend them 'til your team shows," had its "the Cons really stepped in it this time," part cut out, leaving it to play as "Prime. They hit a U.S. military lab..." Why was this cut? I don't know.

2. When Optimus spoke "Megatron, I am here. On your ship. Come and face me," into the wrist-mounted comlink of a fallen Jet Vehicon, the audio of Bulkhead grunting, groaning, and stomping around from an earlier scene in which he was carrying the heavy power source that the Cons stole from the military lab, was played along with Optimus's own dialogue, as though to give the impression that the Vehicon whose wrist Optimus was speaking into was still alive and struggling to get free of Optimus's grip, even though he was clearly dead since he collapsed in slack once Optimus let go of his arm (it also made it sound more like the Vehicon had constipation). It also doesn't help that the sound of Bulkhead's feet stomping around felt out of place since no one was walking in that scene. :roll:

3. The new commercial break played after the injured Raf was placed inside the Energon chamber and right after the chamber lit up and blinded the screen with a bright white light, coming back in when the blindness subsided and the picture gradually came back into clear view.

4. After Optimus rammed Megatron over the side of the cliff and leaped down to slam on top of him, the bit of Optimus revving the tires on his leg in Megatron's face, and Megatron grabbing Optimus by the face to throw him off of him, were cut, making it look like Megatron just swatted Prime away after he landed on Megs.

5. The first punch Optimus gives Megatron after Megatron threw him off in the previous edit had its impact censored by a quick flash of white light.

6. Same with his second punch.

7. And his fourth punch (but not the third).

8. And his fifth punch.

9. And his eighth punch.

10. And his tenth punch.

11. And his final/eleventh punch.

12. Megatron saying, "My destiny... this isn't how it's supposed to end!" had the impact of Optimus stomping his foot onto Megatron's chest also covered by a white light flash.

Also, I found an old recording of Vortexx's episode 1 and was able to go back and redo the comparison of it with the uncut version. And I'm glad I did, since I missed a lot that was changed back then.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion