Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Vortexx's censorship edits to Transformers: Prime

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Vortexx's censorship edits to Transformers: Prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:38 pm

Episode 24 aired on Vortexx this morning, and had five edits.

1. After Optimus asked why the Blood of Unicron was erupting from beneath the Earth, the bit of Megatron responding with "A question, Optimus, that you shall take to your grave," was cut.

2. The bit of Miko asking "The Cons killed a unicorn?" and the confused look of the Autobots that followed, were cut. Thus, after Ratchet wondered what the Blood of Unicron was doing here on Earth, Miko immediately started rambling on about what a unicorn is without ever even mentioning a "unicorn" in the first place.

3. In the uncut version, Megatron says "Rivers of you very life blood rising from the depths to become one with me!" In the edited version, everything before "Become one with me!" was cut out, with the audio of the word "become" playing over the few milliseconds of video that played when he originally said the words "Rivers of" in the uncut version.

4. In the uncut version, Fowler walks in and says "What have you learned, Prime? And you better not blow smoke up my-- uh, oh, ahem, Miss Darby... what a nice surprise." In the edited version, everything before "Miss Darby" was cut, with the audio of "Miss" playing over the lone second of his entering the room that wasn't cut out, and a shot of June and Jack from after he said the word "surprise" was inserted where he said the word "Darby".

5. The new commercial break played after Unicron said to Megatron about Optimus "I will deal with him myself," and retreated into the volcano from whence he came, leaving an irritated Megatron to gaze down into the smoking pit, coming back in at the cut away to a canyon elsewhere, where Optimus was.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:09 pm

I think I need to say a few comments here. :P

2. This edit just doesn't make sense as it leaves Miko's rambling about unicorns completely out of place. So, if they wanted the first part edited, the one about killing a unicorn, they should have taken all unicorn mentioning out. Though that is just my opinion.

3. This one they altered the very meaning of what he said.

They continue on doing strange edits that's for sure.
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 04, 2013 12:58 pm

Episode 25 had only two Vortexx edits.

1. Oh good grief! They cut out something from the "previously on" episode recap! In the recap, Ratchet says, "Unicron. An ancient evil. Whose fossilized blood comprises the matter which we call Dark Energon." Note that this line was retained in the edited version of last episode. Here, however, they cut out the words "whose fossilized blood comprises the mat", making the line now say "Unicron. An ancient evil. Ter which we call Dark Energon." Yes, they cut the word "matter" in half, leaving Ratchet to only say the second part of it.

2. The new commercial break played immediately after Megatron stepped into the Autobots' GroundBridge portal, coming back in to see Miko being pushed out of the room by Ratchet to keep her and the other humans hidden from Megatron.

Also, despite episode 19 having been skipped by Vortexx, Megatron's line to Jack that referred to their last encounter in that episode was kept fully intact.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 14, 2013 9:40 pm

I FINALLY found the time to look at Vortexx's episode 26 airing. At last, the season 1 finale. It had five edits.

1. Originally, this episode had the following exchange between Fowler and Ratchet:
    Fowler: "I can't just sit on my hands while the world spins out of control!"
    Ratchet: "And what exactly is it that you intend to do?"
    Fowler: "Anything! Hook up with my boys at the Pentagon; figure out a way to bury that monster for good!"
    Ratchet: "In the event Optimus can't?"
    Fowler: "Don't you mean 'Optimus and Megatron'?"
    Ratchet: "No one here is thrilled about this arrangement, Agent Fowler; myself included."
In the edited version, everything underlined above was cut out.

2. Originally, during the Orion Pax/Megatron(us) flashback narrated by Ratchet, there was a shot of a fallen generic Cybertronian with a look of agony on its face that the camera panned away from in a rotating movement to reveal Megatron standing on top of this guy while driving his sword into the victim's chest. As the video continued, flames burst up from the bottom of the screen, engulfing the entire picture as a battle-hardened Decepticon symbol then zoomed forward into view. In the edited version, just as the camera started to pan away from the face of Megatron's victim, the video replayed itself from the start of the pan but with the video zoomed in to focus primarily on Megatron and hide all the carnage and warfare surrounding him in the shot after the pan. The zoomed in video was also seemingly slowed down to keep from showing any of the flames coming up from the bottom of the screen. It then quickly got back into sync with how the flashback originally played by fading into an already mostly completely zoomed in Decepticon symbol with the fire behind it.

3. The new commercial break played when Megatron and Optimus were in Unicron's spark chamber, when Unicron commanded/tried to force Megatron to "Destroy the Prime", right after Megatron stood behind the knelt down Optimus and raised his sword-drawn right arm and tried to resist swinging it down to strike Optimus.

4. When the new commercial break ended, a shot of Optimus from a few seconds before the above-mentioned commercial cut occurred was inserted over a quick second of Megatron with his arm still raised before switching back to the rest of the scene with Megs trying to resist Unicron's control.

5. After Ratchet asks "And... Optimus? Is he...?", Arcee's response of "Dead? No." had its "Dead?" part cut out.

And this comingSaturday will NOT be airing episode 27. Rather, they're instead showing episode 19 (which was SKIPPED previously) as a "bonus episode". Why they didn't just air it in its proper placement is anyone's guess. :roll:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Fri May 17, 2013 8:38 am

Alright, now I am curious on why they did not edit out the part there Unicron looked at "us" furiously, calling humans for parasites and then threatening to kill us all, considering they edited out Bulkhead's angry stare some episodes earlier.
I guess Vortexx does not know what they edit. :P

Also, they did not edit out the end of episode 25 there Unicron's eye suddenly looked at us (you know what I mean). That part, along with the previous mentioned one, gave me the shivers, so I thought they would edit that out.

There are more places there I thought they would edit out due to it being rather dark and scary, but I think you get my point. :smile:

About sending episode 19 as a bonus; Yeah, seems they like to confuse the little kids, considering episode 19 was referred to in episode 25. It would have worked better if they sent in right order. :smile:

PS.: Almost forgot; So, Vortexx did not even edit out the part there we see Earth being destroyed by Unicron? Even though it was a premonition, we saw it clearly happening. :?
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 18, 2013 10:57 pm

This morning, Vortexx finally aired episode 19, which they originally skipped before, as a "bonus episode". It had eight edits.

1. Megatron's line of "I have been wise to your transgressions from the beginning. Not only did you pluck the Dark Energon from my chest, in a failed attempt to snuff my spark, but you tried to raise your own undead warrior with it," had the underlined part not merely removed, but replaced entirely by a shot of Starscream squirming nervously from an earlier point, which was when he was squirming right after Megatron yelled "DO NOT TAKE ME FOR A FOOL, STARSCREAM!" but before he backed up as Megatron spoke the above line. However, the audio of Starscream's squirming was muted, with the audio of Megatron taking his steps and the BGM that played during his missing line were kept intact over the newly inserted shot of Starscream. So, no time was lost, only some video and the audio of spoken dialogue.

2. Starscream's line of "Farewell, Lord Megatron! May you rust in peace!" had its "May you rust in peace!" part cut out, but that's not all. When he said "Megatron!", an earlier shot of him looking at the hole from which he just crawled out was inserted over the audio of him saying "Megatron!", which then cut to Starscream turning around to walk away, which itself originally played just as he was finishing saying the word "peace!"

3. The new commercial break played after Megatron said, "I suppose helping those less fortunate would be completely out of the question," to Jack, who had just found him and then took a few steps back after Megs said that to him.

4. When the new commercial break came back to the show, a nighttime bird's-eye shot of the outside of the mine from later in the episode was inserted right before Megatron said "You might as well use your drill to finish me..." as a means to help transition back into the show after the break.

5. Originally, after Bulkhead said, "My arms... they're starting to give," to a shocked Miko, a commercial break occurred. Here, however, after the shot of Miko's shocked face reacting to Bulkhead's line, the scene immediately to the very next shot of Bulkhead we see after the original commercial break cut returned to the show. Also, the transitional exterior shot of the mine that was inserted after the previous newly-created commercial break was originally used as the transitional return to the show from this original commercial break cut. Naturally, since the original break was removed from here, so was the exterior shot of the mine (it still plays in the episode, just at a different point than its original placement).

6. And because they took out one existing commercial break, they had to create ANOTHER new one! This new one played about a second or two after Starscream said "And then, there were two," to Bulkhead.

7. After Arcee said "Don't move, Starscream," the quick shot of her inching her blaster closer into Starscream's face before she said "Hey, Bulk," was removed and replaced by a close up shot of Starscream saying "Uh?" from earlier that originally played right after Bulkhead said, "If you think I'm gonna beg for mercy, Starscream, forget it," and was originally part of Starscream's larger response of "Uh? Yes. Begging for mercy would be quite pathetic, wouldn't it?" So, like the first edit above, no time was lost, only the shot of Arcee pointing her gun in Screamer's face.

8. After Arcee told Starscream to "Raise [his] hands," the shot of Arcee's gun still in his face while he breathes heavily and then sadly moans "Ooooh!" was removed and replaced by another of the same close up of Starscream's "Uh?" face from before, only this time with its video sped up and rewound as it appeared, while still playing the audio of his "Ooooh!" moan. Also, originally, after Starscream moaned with Arcee's gun in his face, the scene faded to the next with Bulkhead driving outside of the mine and swerving to a stop. Since the original shot of Arcee's gun in Screamer's face was removed but the moan was kept, the new fade to the next scene had the first few frames of Bulkhead driving outside the mine were cut since those frames originally contained the final traces of the original post-moan scene transition fade. Thus, the new post-moan scene transition fade switched to the next scene a few frames later than it originally did.

And, next week, is another skipped episode being aired as a "bonus episode": Episode 21.

Unicron fan wrote:PS.: Almost forgot; So, Vortexx did not even edit out the part there we see Earth being destroyed by Unicron? Even though it was a premonition, we saw it clearly happening. :?
Nope.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat May 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Vortexx aired its second "bonus episode" of TF: Prime this morning, which was episode 21. It had three edits.

1. Ratchet's line of "Innocent vehicles battling for the pleasure of human spectators? (*shudders*) Bloodsport!" and the response of Bulkhead and Miko cheering "Yeaaah!" were cut.

2. Ratchet's line of "I don't exactly have instant access to the wisdom of the Ancients," and Optimus' line of "I will not allow another one of our own to be sacrificed. No matter the cost," were cut.

3. The new commercial break played right after Optimus said to Ratchet "Bridge us back, immediately!" before cutting back to Bulkhead about to get his head cut off by Knock Out.

And next week is "the last bonus episode of Transformers: Prime," episode 22.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Sat May 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Why they send the episodes in wrong order is beyond me.
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Well, it's over (for the first season, at least). The final season 1 episode to air on Vortexx, episode 22, aired this morning. It had... too many teeny tiny edits to keep track of, so I'll just lump them together as a more workable count of nine.

1. In the flashback of the Autobots' previous battles with the Decepticons, the shot of a Vehicon punching/slashing Cliffjumper hard enough to knock one of his horns off (from episode 1) had the first instant of the Vehicon making physical contact with Cliff's torso covered by a flash of white light.

And now I feel compelled to go back and check to see if this same edit was also made to this scene in episode 1 as well, but at this time, I am unable to do so.

2.When Ratchet drove down the side of a mountain in Vehicle Mode to ram right into the face of a Jet Vehicon, the exact moment of impact his ambulance form made with the Jet Vehicon was covered by a flash of white light.

3. Right after Ratchet threatened the Vehicon miner with his blowtorch and said "I won't ask you a second time. Where. Is. Megatron?", a few frames of him still holding up his blowtorch were cut out. We still see him holding the blowtorch onscreen before then, just for a split-second or two shorter than in the uncut version.

4. Right after the above cut, a distant shot of Bulkhead just slapping aside a Jet Vehicon with his wrecking ball had its moment of impact, you guessed it, covered by a flash of white light.

5. Right after the above edit, in the uncut version, we heard a distant cry of "No! NO! NOOOOOOOO!!!" coming from the tortured Vehicon miner off screen, which caught Optimus' attention. Originally, Optimus raised his head after hearing the second "NO!" and then looked upward while hearing the third "NOOOOOOOO!!!". In the edited version, the scream was played a little earlier, with Optimus instead raising his head after hearing the first "No!" and then looking upward while hearing the second "NO!", with the third "NOOOOOOOO!!!" being cut out altogether.

6. And here it is, the infamous torture scene. In the uncut version, when Optimus, Bulkhead, and Arcee climbed up the mountain and looked on in horror once they reached the top, we heard the miner say "That's all I know! Really!" to Ratchet off screen. We then saw Ratchet using his blowtorch on the agonized miner. Ratchet then stopped torching the miner, who then groaned in pain as we saw a close up of his sparkling head. The camera then faced Ratchet from the front, who, while still kneeling over the fallen miner, said "Now, was that so difficult?", and then retracted his blowtorch and deployed his sword. Ratchet swung back his sword in preparation to strike the miner, but Optimus intervened, running up to Ratchet from the side, yelling "Ratchet!" and catching the sword mid-swing. "What are you doing?" Optimus asked, grimly. Optimus let go of Ratchet, who retracted his sword and, while answering Optimus with "Getting results," stood up to face Optimus. At this point, the miner took this opportunity to get out of there ASAP.

In the edited version,
  • The miner's cry of "Really!" was muted.
  • The bit of Ratchet using his torch on the miner was cut, leaving in only the bit of Ratchet after he stopped using the torch.
  • The miner groaning and the close up of its sparkling face was cut.
  • Immediately after Ratchet asked, "Now, was that so difficult?", a close up shot of Optimus from another point in the episode was inserted right then and there, with the shot of Ratchet retracting his blowtorch following it. During this newly-inserted video of Optimus, the audio of Optimus saying "Ratchet! What" played, with "are you doing?" subsequently playing over the footage of Ratchet retracting in blowtorch, thus slightly relocating Optimus' "Ratchet! What are you doing?" line.
  • The bits of Ratchet deploying his sword, swinging it backward, Optimus catching it,Optimus asking Ratchet what he's doing, and Optimus then letting go of the sword right before Ratchet gets up were all cut, thus necessitating the aforementioned insertion of Optimus' "Ratchet! What are you doing?"
The scene renewed properly as Ratchet got up to say "Getting results," while the miner hightailed it out of there.

7. Okay, not only was the exact moment of impact of Ratchet's sucker punching Megatron in the face covered by (what else?) a flash of white light, but the slow motion view of the punch, which held in place for a second or two right after the punch's point of impact, was cut, going straight from the censored point of impact to the first moment after the backwards-falling Megatron loses the physical contact his face had just had with Ratchet's fist.

8. The impact of Ratchet headbutting Knock Out was given the ol' white flash censor treatment.

9. The new commercial break played immediately after Ratchet picked up the dropped container of Synthetic Energon and turned his head back to look at Knock Out (whose arm saw was stuck embedded in the cave wall). When the break ended, the shot of Ratchet about to look at Knock Out was reversed, with him now instead turning his head from Knock Out's direction toward the Synth En container, as a means to help transition back into the show, just before Knock Out laughs and says, "What are you going to do, drink it?"

And next week, it's back-to-back episodes of Justice League Unlimited. So, what, no TF: Prime? Is this the end of its run on Vortexx? But I need to redo my comparison of episode 2 (I lost my old recording of it). And what about season 2? Come on!

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:19 pm

Well, I guess that's it. No episode aired this morning, with the lineup now having back-to-back episodes of Sonic X, Justice League Unlimited, Dragon Ball Z Kai, and Yu-Gi-Oh! playing all throughout the morning (Rescue Heroes and Nanoboy were the only shows aired with single episode airings), and it looks like this will be the case for next week as well.

Although, Transformers: Prime still has its own website on MyVortexx.com, but then again, so do some of the block's other former shows like Cubix, Power Rangers Lost Galaxy, and WWE Saturday Morning Slam.

There's also a comment on Vortexx's Facebook in which someone says "No. Transformer ended their time on Vortexx." Not a good sign.

Guess we don't have to worry about seasons 2 and 3 being edited, then. But, I still need to compare episode 2, since my original recording got deleted before, and now it looks like I can't. :-(

Still, there's always the possibility that it could come back to Vortexx at a later point, but I don't regularly watch Vortexx, so I'll either need to keep checking the TV schedule every week or hope that anyone who does watch Vortexx regular will let me know when and if the time comes.

Till then, it looks to be over.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion