Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

TF: Prime Beast Hunters - TV movie discussion thread

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

TF: Prime Beast Hunters - TV movie discussion thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:06 pm

Today, on March 15, 2013, the first three episodes of Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters aired in Singapore at 6:30pm their time as a TV movie special. These were episodes 53, 54, and 55, named "Darkmount, NV", "Scattered", and "Prey", respectively.

Now, a few versions of this special have been uploaded to YouTube, so we can all watch it ahead of its Hub launch date. However, the only ones we currently have are low quality versions, but there is still hope for better quality uploads.

This first one is a full upload of the entire presentation, but with the audio out of sync:

NEW! This new video is a better audio version of the first, but still not perfect.

To compensate, what I did when I watched it was have it playing on two tabs, with one muted for the video and the other playing the audio re-synced up to the first video. I kept adjusting it each time it de-synced as I watched it. Hopefully this new one will be more workable.

And the following is another version of only part of it, broken up into smaller parts itself:

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: TF: Prime Beast Hunters - TV movie discussion thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Episodes 53, 54, and 55 -

Well, that was quick. Wheeljack's recovered by the Cons immediately.

What was once referred to as the "fortress" of "New Kaon" is now the "citadel" named "Darkmount".

Well, looks like both the stasis-locked Airachnid (along with her pod) and the Forge survived as well.

DUDE! Smokescreen somehow smuggled Optimus away from the burned ruins of the base! Even at the Autobots' worst moments, he's still a boss! 8-) Though, how did he manage to get back to the base's location so quickly anyway?

Oh snap, the calvary is here! The United States Military forces... just a bit late by one episode.

Are those... rail guns set atop the citadel? :shock:

Bye bye Jasper, Nevada.

And Megatron's got his old arm back on.

Oh, they're just fusion cannons, not rail guns. Nevermind.

Fowler's covered up the events in Jasper with a meteor shower and radiation cover story.

Bumblebee got his new paint job to keep the Cons from recognizing him. And Raf's voice sounds way deeper. I thought they said back at NYCC 2012 that Andy Pessoa was getting too old to play him and that he'd be re-casted. :?

Ah, Smokescreen. You will never stop being great. You play off all the disobedience, sneakiness, and cleverness of your predecessors (Hot Rod, Cheetor, Side Burn, Wedge, Hot Shot, etc.), and manage to put it all to GOOD use. You came back after you bridged away and grabbed the Phase Shifter in all the confusion back on Cybertron. You are a rookie with a good head on your shoulders. :D

Anyone for fried Laserbeak?

Knock Out's found Shockwave.

Shockwave survived the space bridge mishap by being blasted back to his lab and knocked unconscious for a while. He awoke later to find himself alone on the dead planet and left to experiment in solitude. He only recently picked up the energy surge of the Omega Lock and came to find Knock Out and co searching the wreckage. And his tank mode looks awesome.

FIRST MENTION OF THE ARK!!! Arcee says that the other Autobots escaped aboard the Ark were scattered to the wind.

Ha. Knock Out likes the monkey. :lol:

Soundwave doesn't speak because he took a vow of silence.

Darkmount's got a smelting pool. And, go Wheeljack!

Ratchet's a stubborn jerk. and, how did he know about Starscream using the Harbinger for a base?

Starscream referred to the Jet Vehicon Generals as "Seekers".

Ratchet came back. And, I wonder if the Harbinger will become something like a temporary base for the Bots.

Incoming unidentified starship. New character debut in 3... 2... 1...

Wow, Ultra Magnus's intro is pretty lukewarm.

What? How'd Megatron know about Magnus's arrival so quickly?

Here comes Predaking.

Whoops! Animation error. They played Shockwave've walking out through the space bridge twice.

"Then, bring the rain." -- Miko channels Robert Epps.

Magnus's voice sounds different than I imagined (I was think of a much deeper voice). He mentioned the exodus and having searched the stars for other Autobots. He detected the Omega Beam coming from Cybertron to Earth, which led him here.

Smoke's going after the Forge. Like a boss.

Oh hai, Airachnid. Looks like you ain't coming out anytime soon.

Predaking's a beast!

Ultra Magnus to the rescue!

Wait, has Bulkhead not met Ultra Magnus? But he was the Wreckers' leader. Or does Bulkhead just mean "It's an honor" to be in his presence?

Looks like the only way to be an unstoppable monstrosity is to give it a hard concussion. :P

Starscream comments on how Predaking cannot speak. But, that's at least what he knows for now. Predaking could be just fooling them for the time being.

Arcee comments on Bee's reverse-coloring, saying that if she did the same, she'd be pink (which she doesn't seem to like the idea of).

Smoke got the Forge. Like a boss. :grin:

Since the Forge is running low on energy, Optimus doesn't want to use it to fix himself, but to fix the Omega Lock.

I don't get it. Why does Wheeljack not like his old boss? Did the two of them have a falling out or something? I know Jackie doesn't like authority figures, but this is former commander we're talking about. Of all Bots, Magnus ought to be the one Jackie respects the most.

Thanks to Magnus, the Autobots got some new toys (though, not the ones the actual toys come with).

And Optimus wants to make Smokey be the next Prime... whether that actually happens or not will have to wait till next time.

This was cool, fun, and exciting. Looks pretty good so far. Can't wait to see more.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:48 pm

I called it I called it 8-)
ironrod prime

Postby Tacticon » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:56 pm

AWESOME!!! and Thank you for posting..

SHOCKWAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way guys/gals.. how about let's place a name on that monkey.. considering it is his second appearance... I want to call him "Ralph"... thoughts??

Love the following quotes
a) "Carefull Starscream, you may loss a landing gear for patting yourself in the back."
b) "Logical"..............
c) "Ahaha"... - Knockout
Tacticon

Postby Agent X » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Michael Ironside must remain as Ultra Magnus if he appears in the now movie trilogy
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:27 pm

ironrod prime wrote:I called it I called it 8-)
Which "it" did you call? ;)

EDIT: Added in a new upload with better (but still a bit off) audio. To compensate, what I did when I watched the original upload was have it playing on two tabs, with one muted for the video and the other playing the audio re-synced up to the first video. I kept adjusting it each time it de-synced as I watched it. Hopefully this new one will be more workable.

And, word has it that Ultra Magnus was voiced by Michael Ironside!!!! :shock: 8-) :grin:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:47 pm

ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:45 pm

Darkmount reminds be of Sauron.

Enter: Smokimus Prime
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:57 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:I called it I called it 8-)
Which "it" did you call? ;)

EDIT: Added in a new upload with better (but still a bit off) audio. To compensate, what I did when I watched the original upload was have it playing on two tabs, with one muted for the video and the other playing the audio re-synced up to the first video. I kept adjusting it each time it de-synced as I watched it. Hopefully this new one will be more workable.

And, word has it that Ultra Magnus was voiced by Michael Ironside!!!! :shock: 8-) :grin:

It's definitely him, I immediately recognized the voice from Splinter Cell video games where he is Sam Fisher, the main hero.

I really want to see him use the grab through japanese paper wall move from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory in an upcoming episode LOL!!!

I am a huge fan of Splinter Cell, love Ultra Magnus = Sam Fisher :p

This was amazing even with the low audio quality, I can't wait for the high quality viewing of this.

The ending with OP and Smokescreen was just wow, no way any writing could have topped that.

If they make him into Smoke Prime I demand a leader class figure!

Amazing comeback for the show, 2 thumbs way up, I'd give 5 thumbs up if I had that many!

Yay, loving the return of this show. Will be greatly disappointed if they don't release these on DVD!
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Sabrblade wrote: And Optimus wants to make Smokey be the next Prime... whether that actually happens or not will have to wait till next time.
And even if he is, all the process entails is a simple name change as far as we've seen.

And the toy is still an Optimus toy, not a Smokescreen toy. Not every bot who becomes a Prime suddenly gets their body overhauled into being an Optimus Prime clone. That'd be just silly. :P

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion