Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Cybertron vs. Armada/Energon

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Cybertron vs. Armada/Energon

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:12 pm

Your talkin about tank unicron right
ironrod prime

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:15 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Your talkin about tank unicron right

Yes, and I know he was in the comics related to the cartoon. :smile:
Unicron fan

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:40 pm

ironrod prime wrote:So what nebulons speak Australian
If the entire large robot population of Gigantion speaks with Scottish accents, then why not?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:51 pm

Fare point
ironrod prime

Postby OptimusPhillip » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:02 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Though, the real-world reason was due to GONZO, the studio who made the show, either didn't get the memo from the higher-ups at Hasbro/Takara that the show was supposed to be another sequel, or did get the memo and outright chose to forgo their instructions, and instead wrote it as another reboot. Thus, leaving it to their superiors in both countries to try and fix what GONZO shouldn't have done.

Galaxy Force was not intended to be in any way connected to Micron Legend/Superlink, that originated with the English dub, known to us as Cybertron
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:23 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Though, the real-world reason was due to GONZO, the studio who made the show, either didn't get the memo from the higher-ups at Hasbro/Takara that the show was supposed to be another sequel, or did get the memo and outright chose to forgo their instructions, and instead wrote it as another reboot. Thus, leaving it to their superiors in both countries to try and fix what GONZO shouldn't have done.

Galaxy Force was not intended to be in any way connected to Micron Legend/Superlink, that originated with the English dub, known to us as Cybertron

But like cybertron it too was retconned into being in the same universe as it's two predecessors
ironrod prime

Postby Agent X » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:41 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
OptimusPhillip wrote:

But like cybertron it too was retconned into being in the same universe as it's two predecessors

This whole fiasco with Cybertron/Galaxy Force is why Hasbro and Takara went back to doing their own things. That and the animation schedule slowed down the English recording for what was meant to be simulcast.

The whole "Unicron Trilogy" was a good experiment to see if Hasbro and Takara could work together on an animated project. With the exception of a few SNFUS in the first two parts and the big disagreement for the third, it was an overall success.

Now we're at the point of retconing retcons to retcon...... ya Cybertron/Galaxy Force being the same doesn't work. However clever use of the Unicron Singularity makes everything work out.
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:09 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:Galaxy Force was not intended to be in any way connected to Micron Legend/Superlink, that originated with the English dub, known to us as Cybertron
Aaron Archer says you're wrong:

This right here is what's known as the "Napkin of Revelation", on which the earliest pieces of Cybertron/Galaxy Force production materials are written. Archer conceived the earliest details of the series, which GONZO would use to build upon for creating the Galaxy Force anime that would be dubbed back into English for Cybertron. Galaxy Force, like Micron Densetsu and Super Link, was not a Japanese-only project that Hasbro had no involvement in other than dubbing. Rather, it was Hasbro who masterminded the conception of most of the story and characters, working in conjunction with TakaraTomy to create the toys and cartoon, but with GONZO deciding to ignore what Hasbro had laid out for the series to work as another sequel and instead making it more standalone than it was supposed to be.

Also, the following was all present in Galaxy Force before any dubbing:

Armada Unicron's debris

Energon Alexis

Armada Mini-Cons seen on a mural on Gigantion

Among others. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Hey, I'm just going off what I heard, and what I heard was that the English dub's connection with Armada/Energon was exclusive to the U.S. version and that it was just a reboot in Japan
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:10 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:Hey, I'm just going off what I heard, and what I heard was that the English dub's connection with Armada/Energon was exclusive to the U.S. version and that it was just a reboot in Japan
It was originally presented as another reboot, but was since restored to its intended sequel status by the higher ups at Takara.

All this changes for certain about the final product of Galaxy Force is that the nameless evil god who was so obviously Unicron due to Primus being his enemy but still not explicitly called out as being Unicron now confirmed to be Unicron. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion