Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Cybertron vs. Armada/Energon

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Cybertron vs. Armada/Energon

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:55 pm

Wing Saber wrote:It's what I do with Cybertron, and that makes Cybertron significantly more enjoyable for me.
Despite the explanations we were given and the appearances of Armada/Energon characters/things in Cybertron?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Cybertron vs. Armada/Energon

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:19 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Despite the explanations we were given and the appearances of Armada/Energon characters/things in Cybertron?

There were only a few small mentions of previous events of Armada/Energon
Here are some of the bigger flaws that cause my pretending:
1. People are suprised when robotic aliens attack, and seem to have forgotten just 10 years ealrier when everyone was working with the transformers and they had huge cities and energon towers all over the planet
2. Everyone has forgotten about Sideways
3. Hot Shot jumped way backward in character developement
4. Starscream doesn't fit with either of his past apearences.
5. Wing Saber is not the same character at all.

Those are just a few.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Despite the explanations we were given and the appearances of Armada/Energon characters/things in Cybertron?

There were only a few small mentions of previous events of Armada/Energon
Here are some of the bigger flaws that cause my pretending:
1. People are suprised when robotic aliens attack, and seem to have forgotten just 10 years ealrier when everyone was working with the transformers and they had huge cities and energon towers all over the planet
2. Everyone has forgotten about Sideways
3. Hot Shot jumped way backward in character developement
4. Starscream doesn't fit with either of his past apearences.
5. Wing Saber is not the same character at all.

Those are just a few.
All of those were (in American continuity) courtesy of the black hole screwing up reality, making things that should not be happen. People lost their memories, personalities were rewritten or regressed, things that happened before were forgotten, etc. etc. Though, they still recalled some things like their destroying Unicron and whatnot (which wasn't in the original Japanese version, btw).

Though, the real-world reason was due to GONZO, the studio who made the show, either didn't get the memo from the higher-ups at Hasbro/Takara that the show was supposed to be another sequel, or did get the memo and outright chose to forgo their instructions, and instead wrote it as another reboot. Thus, leaving it to their superiors in both countries to try and fix what GONZO shouldn't have done.

As for the Cybertron Cities and Energon Towers, they were seemingly only known to the world's governments in the Energon cartoon, thus not quite public knowledge. However, while no explanation was given, their absence in the Cybertron cartoon could be that they were either decommissioned or abandoned after the Powerlinx Battles, due to the Autobots mostly returning to Cybertron since the war shifted back to there near the end of Energon.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Sabrblade wrote:All of those were (in American continuity) courtesy of the black hole screwing up reality, making things that should not be happen. People lost their memories, personalities were rewritten or regressed, things that happened before were forgotten, etc. etc. Though, they still recalled some things like their destroying Unicron and whatnot (which wasn't in the original Japanese version, btw).

Though, the real-world reason was due to GONZO, the studio who made the show, either didn't get the memo from the higher-ups at Hasbro/Takara that the show was supposed to be another sequel, or did get the memo and outright chose to forgo their instructions, and instead wrote it as another reboot. Thus, leaving it to their superiors in both countries to try and fix what GONZO shouldn't have done.

As for the Cybertron Cities and Energon Towers, they were seemingly only known to the world's governments in the Energon cartoon, thus not quite public knowledge. However, while no explanation was given, their absence in the Cybertron cartoon could be that they were either decommissioned or abandoned after the Powerlinx Battles, due to the Autobots mostly returning to Cybertron since the war shifted back to there near the end of Energon.

Um, yeah, I'm going to stick with my version. the complications of connecting the show much outweigh the complications of it being a reboot.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Um, yeah, I'm going to stick with my version. the complications of connecting the show much outweigh the complications of it being a reboot.
Sure, take the easy way out. :roll:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:21 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Sure, take the easy way out. :roll:

Which is also the more logical way out.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:31 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Sure, take the easy way out. :roll:

Which is also the more logical way out.
Don't forget which franchise this is. :P ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Additional posts from the original topic:

Black Starscream wrote:As for the canonicity of Cybertron my take on it is such:
First off Starscream's personality matches between Armada and Cybertron. There are numerous times where it's mentioned in Armada that Starscream intends to take the Decepticons not to mention how he competed with Megatron in the beggining and wanted to be the more powerful one. He may have acted loyal in the end, but the entire rest of the show he was there to beat his boss out. Sideways looked nothing like himself (and acted a bit differently) needless to say multiple instances of the same name aren't unthinkable (Energon and Armada both had different Skyblasts after all). Whether ALL humans knew of the Transformers in Energon is a bit questionable. Unlike Armada and Cybertron we don't see many people outside of Alexis, Rad, Carlos, the Jones Family, and Misha. Most of it takes place off of Earth anyway.
But hey whatever floats your boat.

Wing Saber wrote:
Black Starscream wrote:mentioned in Armada that Starscream intends to take the Decepticons not to mention how he competed with Megatron in the beggining and wanted to be the more powerful one.

In Armada, Starscream's real goal is to have respect and favor. He sees power as the way to get respect, thus why he goes to the Autobots when Megatron abandons him, and then returns to the Decepticons when he see the opportunity to gain Megatron's favor.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Cybertron was filled with continuity errors plain and simple the black hole theory is bogus in fact the only real thing that connects the two previous series to this one is this

ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:36 pm

Alright, smart people, then explain what the deal is with the black hole and it relating to Unicron is all about (based on what the CARTOON ONLY said).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion