Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Cybertron vs. Armada/Energon

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Cybertron vs. Armada/Energon

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Technically if you followed energon the black hole has nothing to do with unicron atleast not directly
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:29 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Technically if you followed energon the black hole has nothing to do with unicron atleast not directly
The Cybertron cartoon says otherwise (which is what I was asking about).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:56 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Alright, smart people, then explain what the deal is with the black hole and it relating to Unicron is all about (based on what the CARTOON ONLY said).

That could refer to something that happened offscreen prior to the show's beginning.
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:Technically if you followed energon the black hole has nothing to do with unicron atleast not directly
The Cybertron cartoon says otherwise (which is what I was asking about).

Well maybe the sun created at the end of energon went nova

Which brings up another question if cybertron happens right after energon (give or take a few years) then where the hell is kicker. I know he appears at the end but still he's the youngest of the four so why isnt he with coby bud and lori. Also where's perceptor we see two vehicles resembling highwire and grindor but not sureshock or perceptor himself
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:56 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Well maybe the sun created at the end of energon went nova
Bingo! The Energon sun Primus tried to trap Unicron in collapsed (as Wing Saber put it, "off screen"), and created the black hole as a result.

ironrod prime wrote:Which brings up another question if cybertron happens right after energon (give or take a few years)
Ten years.

ironrod prime wrote:then where the hell is kicker.
After the Powerlinx Battles ended, the Autobots vacated Earth, so he must have moved on with his life.

ironrod prime wrote:I know he appears at the end but still he's the youngest of the four so why isnt he with coby bud and lori.
He's not that young. Kicker was a teenager in 2020, so by 2030 he'd be an adult, at which age he'd have to have his own life.

ironrod prime wrote:Also where's perceptor we see two vehicles resembling highwire and grindor but not sureshock or perceptor himself
He's on one of the Mini-Con colonies on located one of Cybertron's moons, working with the Mini-Con Council of Sages to fight off an uprising of Mini-Con anarchist rebels who were inspired by Megatron and Unicron to overthrow the Autobot-allied Council.

TFWiki has put together a rather nice timeline chronicling the events of all three cartoon series - http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Unicron_Trilogy_cartoon_timeline

There's also this bit included between 2020 and 2030:
For unexplained reasons, the Autobots withdraw from Earth entirely. All record of their existence is suppressed, and among humans, stories of them become, at best, urban legend.
Most of the Mini-Cons relocate to Cybertron's moons, establishing colonies where they can finally live in peace. <Revelations Part 4>
Jetfire vacations on the planet Nebulos, picking up the local accent.<Jetfire's Cyber Key Code information, on Hasbro.Com>

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:21 pm

So what nebulons speak Australian

Also does this mean mirage and snowcat are dead
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:47 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Also does this mean mirage and snowcat are dead
Mirage, probably (since he did die in the Japanese version).

Snow Cat, however, well, his Universe toy bio clues us in on his whereabouts:
Long since thought destroyed in the final collapse of Unicron, Snow Cat somehow managed to survive, and has been in hiding in the ruins of Kaon since then. Driven mad by his loss of purpose since the disappearance of Megatron, he roams the southern polar regions of Cybertron attacking anyone he sees, and boosting away before his targets can counter-attack.
Not surprising, since he was bound to go bonkers sooner or later. :lol:

Demolishor's toy bio also note his fate:
Demolishor thinks just about as fast as he drives. He has heard rumors about the return of Galvatron. Quite frankly, he hoped they weren’t true. After working for the Decepticon leader for years, he’s been fine without someone bigger and badder than he is to kick him around. Still, given how thick Cybertron has been getting with Scrapmetal vermin, it’s be nice to have a few more Decepticons around to back him up.
So he's just been sticking around on Cybertron fighting Scrapmetals and such offscreen.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:49 pm

unfortunately for the minicons, their colonies are destroyed and they all die
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:14 pm

Wing Saber wrote:unfortunately for the minicons, their colonies are destroyed and they all die
They all saw Primus emerge six episodes ago. When they all looked up and saw him after he first transformed, Unicron and Soundwave got outta dodge and the Mini-Con civil war stopped. We know Soundwave turns up later in the show, so we know where he goes after his escape. Unicron flees for dear life's sake (and is still missing by the final episode of the cartoon, so Sentinel Maximus, RiD Optimus Prime, and RiD Ultra Magnus volunteer to hunt him down). And both Perceptor and the Council of Sages were with the others during the epilogue, which took place during the cartoon's last episode, so the Mini-Cons probably headed back to the planet-sized robot once the fighting stopped and to see just what on Earth was up with Cybertron turning into a giant dude. ;)

As for the colonies, meh, there wasn't much to them, anyways, what with the battles ruining them, and such.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:35 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:unfortunately for the minicons, their colonies are destroyed and they all die
They all saw Primus emerge six episodes ago. When they all looked up and saw him after he first transformed, Unicron and Soundwave got outta dodge and the Mini-Con civil war stopped. We know Soundwave turns up later in the show, so we know where he goes after his escape. Unicron flees for dear life's sake (and is still missing by the final episode of the cartoon, so Sentinel Maximus, RiD Optimus Prime, and RiD Ultra Magnus volunteer to hunt him down). And both Perceptor and the Council of Sages were with the others during the epilogue, which took place during the cartoon's last episode, so the Mini-Cons probably headed back to the planet-sized robot once the fighting stopped and to see just what on Earth was up with Cybertron turning into a giant dude. ;)

As for the colonies, meh, there wasn't much to them, anyways, what with the battles ruining them, and such.

Spoilers much, eh. :lol: I haven't read those comics yet as I am still waiting for them to be available again. ;)

Eh anyway, I know Unicron were much smaller (the size of Soundwave) in those stories, so I understand why he did the logical choice of retreating. :smile:
Unicron fan

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion