Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Magnus couldn't handle "Wrecker-Style"

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Magnus couldn't handle "Wrecker-Style"

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:16 pm

I also said Jackie was a loose canon
ironrod prime

Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters episode 56 - "Rebellio

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:41 pm

ironrod prime wrote:I also said Jackie was a loose canon
Still, Magnus disapproved of it, even though Bulkhead displayed it in no noticeably unorthodox manner.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Tacticon » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:28 pm

WHOAH!!! Luv them new weapons by the Autobots...
Tacticon

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Tacticon wrote:WHOAH!!! Luv them new weapons by the Autobots...

Agreed, 'specially the Energon whip that Wheeljack has. :grin:
Unicron fan

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Still, Magnus disapproved of it, even though Bulkhead displayed it in no noticeably unorthodox manner.

Your missing the point. Yes bulkhead's a wrecker and he does the style but bulkhead didn't say it jackie did and magnus's quote wasn't directed at bulkhead it was directed at jackie

As if to say "i know your definition of wrecker style. I couldn't deal with it on cybertron and I won't deal with it here"
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:49 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Your missing the point. Yes bulkhead's a wrecker and he does the style but bulkhead didn't say it jackie did and magnus's quote wasn't directed at bulkhead it was directed at jackie

As if to say "i know your definition of wrecker style. I couldn't deal with it on cybertron and I won't deal with it here"
It's the style itself that was disapproved, not who said it.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:47 pm

How do you know and if so why was He was looking at jackie When he said it
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:09 pm

Look, Both Bulkhead and Jackie are Wreckers. Between the two of them, only Bulkhead has ever explicitly displayed "Wrecker-style" in this show. and when he did so, it wasn't anything that much like Wheeljack's Gung Ho behavior, so therefore Wheeljack's fighting style doesn't represent that of all Wreckers.

And despite it not being much like Jackie's, Magnus still disapproves of it. Thus, Magnus said he disapproves of a fighting style that's more mild than what we've seen of Wheeljack's style.

And, he was talking to Wheeljack because Wheeljack is the one who spoke up. Had it been Bulkhead who said it, there's nothing stopping Magnus from saying the same thing to him. The very mention of "Wrecker-style", regardless of who said it, was what turned Magnus off, because he doesn't like it.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:15 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Look, Both Bulkhead and Jackie are Wreckers. Between the two of them, only Bulkhead has ever explicitly displayed "Wrecker-style" in this show. and when he did so, it wasn't anything that much like Wheeljack's Gung Ho behavior, so therefore Wheeljack's fighting style doesn't represent that of all Wreckers.

And despite it not being much like Jackie's, Magnus still disapproves of it. Thus, Magnus said he disapproves of a fighting style that's more mild than what we've seen of Wheeljack's style.

And, he was talking to Wheeljack because Wheeljack is the one who spoke up. Had it been Bulkhead who said it, there's nothing stopping Magnus from saying the same thing to him. The very mention of "Wrecker-style", regardless of who said it, was what turned Magnus off, because he doesn't like it.

The way it played out with Bulkhead saying "It's an honor, sir" and Wheeljack saying "You?!" implies that Bulkhead has never met Ultra Magnus, yet Wheeljack has. Perhaps Ultra Magnus left the wreckers because of wreckers like Wheeljack, and is familiar with Wheeljack's "wrecker style" but not with Bulkheads more toned down version.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:31 pm

Wing Saber wrote:The way it played out with Bulkhead saying "It's an honor, sir" and Wheeljack saying "You?!" implies that Bulkhead has never met Ultra Magnus, yet Wheeljack has. Perhaps Ultra Magnus left the wreckers because of wreckers like Wheeljack, and is familiar with Wheeljack's "wrecker style" but not with Bulkheads more toned down version.
In that case, he'd still shoot down the "Wrecker-style" suggestion had it come form Bulkhead since, if he didn't know Bulkhead, he wouldn't know that his style was any different from Wheeljacks and would assume that all "Wrecker-styles" are the same given the shared name.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Next

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion