Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Magnus couldn't handle "Wrecker-Style"

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Transformers: Prime Beast Hunters episode 56 - "Rebellio

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:25 am

Do you believe magnus would be that naive and I still think your missing the point

Let me try this one last time. Magnus clearly knows jackie so there for he knows his style when jackie said wrecker style it clearly didn't have the same meaning as when bulkhead said it because magnus knew what he meant it
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:43 am

ironrod prime wrote:Do you believe magnus would be that naive and I still think your missing the point

Let me try this one last time. Magnus clearly knows jackie so there for he knows his style when jackie said wrecker style it clearly didn't have the same meaning as when bulkhead said it because magnus knew what he meant it
How would Magnus know if Bulkhead had a different style if he didn't know Bulkhead but did think of him as a Wrecker like Wheeljack?

Magnus is clearly familiar with what "Wrecker-style" means, regardless of who'd mention it. If Bulkhead were the one who brought it up, why wouldn't Magnus still disapprove of it?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:47 am

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:Do you believe magnus would be that naive and I still think your missing the point

How would Magnus know if Bulkhead had a different style if he didn't know Bulkhead but did think of him as a Wrecker like Wheeljack?

Magnus is clearly familiar with what "Wrecker-style" means, regardless of who'd mention it. If Bulkhead were the one who brought it up, why wouldn't Magnus still disapprove of it?

Magnus has never met bulkhead so he wouldn't know his style
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:07 pm

Let me ask you this. Why are you so bent on considering "Wrecker-style" as anything other than "the style of the Wreckers"? Why must it be solely "Wheeljack's style" instead of the style used by all Wreckers?

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Again your missing my point which is that there's wrecker style and then there's jackies wrecker style
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Again your missing my point which is that there's wrecker style and then there's jackies wrecker style
Again, you assume that Jackie has a different style than that of the Wreckers and that Magnus knows this.

Why can't "Jackie's style" = "Wrecker-style"? Why do you assert that the two absolutely must be different?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:00 am

I'm not questioning if jackies style is wrecker style that's not on the table what is however is his definition of it

I don't know why this isn't as obvious to you as it is to me but let's go through the list

1. Jackie is clearly not happy to see magnus when he arives

2. After hearing jackies suggestion of going "wreckers style" on darkmount mugnus declares that he wouldn't stand for it on cybertron and that he won't stand for it on earth

3. Magnus leads team prime on a wreckers style mission suggesting that jackies definition of wreckers style is different from that of magnus's
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:42 am

ironrod prime wrote:3. Magnus leads team prime on a wreckers style mission suggesting that jackies definition of wreckers style is different from that of magnus's
I think we're getting somewhere with this, now. You're saying that, even though Magnus said he wouldn't stand for it on Cybertron, he still led the team on a "Wrecker-style" mission, correct? Well, why would the mission be a "Wrecker-style" one if he said "no" to that suggestion? Why wouldn't the mission just be an ordinary divide and conquer, strategy-based one?

Putting aside Wheeljack, Bulkhead, Magnus, and all that, what are you thinking that "Wrecker-style" even means?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:16 pm

In general it's the wreckers way of doing things
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:24 pm

ironrod prime wrote:In general it's the wreckers way of doing things
Yes. We're finally getting somewhere. This is good.

So why would it not apply to Bulkhead, who is also a Wrecker, if he were the one who brought it up?

Why wouldn't Magnus still disapprove of it if anyone other than Wheeljack mentioned it?

Basically, give Wheeljack's line to someone else in the room and tell me how and why Magnus would have responded differently.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion