Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Next Transformers Show

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Next Transformers Show

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:00 pm

A thread to throw around ideas for the next Transformers show.

I really hope this next show ends up being the Transformers show I've been waiting for. So far, the closest has been Cybertron to the one I've been waiting for.
The best way to describe it is a very story/character driven show. One with several different plots going on at once with different characters in different locations. One of those ones, that if someone jumped in at a random episode they wouldn't know what's going on. I've done a poor job explaining it.
Wing Saber

Re: Next Transformers Show

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:19 pm

Thus far, there have been a few rumors about a new show coming at some point, but they weren't news'd due to a lack a decent credibility to separate them from ordinary fan rumors.

Still, here are the rumors:
  • The next cartoon will return to a 2D look.
  • It will be aimed more towards kids.
  • It's gonna be closer to Rescue Bots rather than Prime.
  • It'll have the Same character designer from TF: Prime, but with simpler designs.
  • This new show is only a replacement for/successor to Rescue Bots, not Prime.

So we may or may not be getting something after RB is done, at least. No word on what Prime's replacement/successor might be like.

If this one returns to the war setup of typical TF cartoons but sticks to the quality of characterization and world-building development of its predecessor, it might turn out to be something decent, if these rumors hold true, that is.

EDIT: Okay, now I've gotten more curious into looking into these rumors, and there seems to be at least some hint of credibility to them, which means I'll probably type up a news post regarding both, yes BOTH upcoming TF cartoons. So, Wing, thanks for getting me curious. :D
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:56 pm

I'm thinking a version of Beast Wars, just altered for the Aligned continuity. I even have ancestors in mind for some characters.
Optimus Primal = Optimus Prime (obviously)
Cheetor = Bumblebee
Rhinox = Bulkhead for the strength or Ratchet for the brains
Rattrap = Arcee simply due to the running gag of Rattrap's great-aunt Arcee from BW
Megatron = Megatron (obviously)
Terrorsaur = Starscream
Tarantulas = Knock Out for treachery or Unicron, though he's less likely
Dinobot = Dreadwing/Skyquake (doesn't matter which one, being twins they most likely share the same CNA) for the philosophy
Waspinator = ???
Scorponok will not appear in this version as I find him somewhat superfluous
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:49 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:I'm thinking a version of Beast Wars, just altered for the Aligned continuity.
Why?

The Prime creators said they wanted to avoid going the route of Beast Wars/Machines when they did Beast Hunters.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:03 pm

No. As much as I like Beast Wars, I don't want to see another repeat. I'm hoping for something new and original this time, like Beast Wars was when it came out.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:16 pm

Wing Saber wrote:No. As much as I like Beast Wars, I don't want to see another repeat. I'm hoping for something new and original this time, like Beast Wars was when it came out.
I would like that too, but sadly I fear it may never happen again. Not just because of sticking to tradition being what's currently in these days, but because of the massive disdain BW received when it first began.

What I'm hoping to happen would be for the follow-up series of TF: Prime to build upon what "Predacons Rising" ended with, having Optimus Prime out of the picture (at least to a certain extent since it's inevitable that he would return) and Megatron trying to stop being evil. The latter would even serve a good moralistic message for children by showing how even the most wicked, most cruel, most irredeemable of people are capable of turning their lives around for the better. :smile:

At this time, all we know of the next series are two things:
1. It will go back to using 2D animation.
2. It will be "less intense" than TF: Prime was.

Both of which sound good to me.

Oh, and there's also that "all new animated event" coming in Q4 of next year, whatever that may be. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:32 pm

What I'm hoping for: a new series that puts a spin on the unicron/primus story or maybe something like gi-joe renagades where the wreckers are framed by the decepticons for killing optimus prime or better yet a new trilogy.
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:36 pm

ironrod prime wrote:What I'm hoping for: a new series that puts a spin on the unicron/primus story or maybe something like gi-joe renagades where the wreckers are framed by the decepticons for killing optimus prime or better yet a new trilogy.

I would love to see a spin on the Unicron/Primus story. Maybe a prequel show about their war and the creation of the 13 (The thirteen being the primary focus) and we slowly see the descent of The Fallen and Leige Maximo, creation fo weapons such as the Star Saber, Vector Prime gaining control of Time and Space, Nexus Prime being slit apart, until, at the end of the show, Alpha Trion is the only one of the Thirteen left on Cybertron.

I think that a Wreckers plot could be good, but I do think the whole "being framed" thing is a bit overdone by now.

Define "a new trilogy"
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:32 pm

Wing Saber wrote:I would love to see a spin on the Unicron/Primus story. Maybe a prequel show about their war and the creation of the 13 (The thirteen being the primary focus) and we slowly see the descent of The Fallen and Leige Maximo, creation fo weapons such as the Star Saber, Vector Prime gaining control of Time and Space, Nexus Prime being slit apart, until, at the end of the show, Alpha Trion is the only one of the Thirteen left on Cybertron.
Essentially an animated version of the upcoming Covenent of Primus book.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Y'know like the unicron trilogy but better
ironrod prime

Next

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion