Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Next Transformers Show

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Next Transformers Show

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:34 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Y'know like the unicron trilogy but better
The Unicron Trilogy didn't go into the Primus/Unicron myth. Most it did was give offhand mentionings of the two's past, but mostly stuck to the present day events.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
The Unicron Trilogy didn't go into the Primus/Unicron myth. Most it did was give offhand mentionings of the two's past, but mostly stuck to the present day events.

:oops: oops sorry blade i was talkin to saber
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Ah, okay.

Though, if they make a sequel to Prime, we'd kinda have sort of a new trilogy if one counts WFC/FOC as a series even if they weren't a cartoon. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Essentially an animated version of the upcoming Covenent of Primus book.

That would be fantastic! From that we've already got looks for most of the characters, so it's not too far off. There was enough mention of it in Prime to render it not completely unlikely.

Better yet, let's just redo the Unicron trilogy, only this time let's do it well. We can start with Armada 2.0, lose the Minicons, and focus on three weapons created by the Thirteen, the Star Saber, the Requiem Blaster, and Skyboom Shield, and focus on Sideways's manipulation with the war, this time having more Unicron-based plot early on in the show, and lead up to the Unicron Battle finals. Let's replace Energon with a completely new show. We can keep some of the concepts, such as Alpha Q (a less annoying version) and the Terrorcons, the return of the Decepticons (this time slow and in the background unbeknownst to the Autobots while they battle the Terrorcons, and then end up with a Three-way war. Finally, Cybertron can stay mostly the same, just mop up some continuity errors with the last two and makes some of the lines less cheesy/characters less annoying.
Wing Saber

Postby Unicron fan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:59 pm

ironrod prime wrote:What I'm hoping for: a new series that puts a spin on the unicron/primus story

Wing Saber wrote:I would love to see a spin on the Unicron/Primus story. Maybe a prequel show about their war and the creation of the 13 (The thirteen being the primary focus) and we slowly see the descent of The Fallen and Leige Maximo, creation fo weapons such as the Star Saber, Vector Prime gaining control of Time and Space, Nexus Prime being slit apart, until, at the end of the show, Alpha Trion is the only one of the Thirteen left on Cybertron.

Sabrblade wrote:Essentially an animated version of the upcoming Covenent of Primus book.

I so agree with this. It's one thing to read about it in the comics, but another to see it on screen. :)

Wing Saber wrote:That would be fantastic! From that we've already got looks for most of the characters, so it's not too far off. There was enough mention of it in Prime to render it not completely unlikely.

Better yet, let's just redo the Unicron trilogy, only this time let's do it well. We can start with Armada 2.0, lose the Minicons, and focus on three weapons created by the Thirteen, the Star Saber, the Requiem Blaster, and Skyboom Shield, and focus on Sideways's manipulation with the war, this time having more Unicron-based plot early on in the show, and lead up to the Unicron Battle finals. Let's replace Energon with a completely new show. We can keep some of the concepts, such as Alpha Q (a less annoying version) and the Terrorcons, the return of the Decepticons (this time slow and in the background unbeknownst to the Autobots while they battle the Terrorcons, and then end up with a Three-way war. Finally, Cybertron can stay mostly the same, just mop up some continuity errors with the last two and makes some of the lines less cheesy/characters less annoying.

As long as they don't do the mistake of removing Unicron's god-aspect by having him being controlled. Come on, how can it be more god-modding than a mortal controlling a god? That is why I have always been against that and the reason for why I like Energon the least even though it shows more to Unicron than any other show.

But if they can make it more realistic, and have it the way you suggest, Wing Saber, then it would be good. :)

PS.: Also, as the Armor of Unicron actually is Unicron's material form (a shell he inhabits), it would be nice that they showed that Unicron don't get his powers from the armor, but the other way around. It weren't that clear on that in Cybertron. :)
Unicron fan

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:08 pm

I have a new idea since my Beast Wars adaptation idea was met with negative replies: A reimagined form of Shattered Glass. It'll seem fresh and new to the general populace even though it's based on another story.
Here's the general plot: After Optimus Prime sacrifices his spark to restore Cybertron, a chain of events leads to Cybertronian society descending into anarchy. This anarchy ends when a new leader, bearing the name Optimus Prime after the Autobot leader, takes over. However all that is known about Prime since the apocalypse is that he was a powerful, intelligent and courageous leader, none was known to this new Optimus about his moral values, so he felt he could take the name despite his tyrannical nature. Megatron, who has been trying to purify his spark with Super Energon, the blood of Primus, reassembles his Decepticon forces (at least the ones who survived), Starscream (who barely survived his encounter with the Preds at the end of Predacons Rising and was restored by Super Energon), the Predacons (Predaking, Darksteel, Sky Lynx), and Knock Out (who rejoined the Decepticons after realizing what's become of the Autobot cause, basically he's the new SG Sideswipe).
As far as the Autobot cast goes:
    Bumblebee's descendants:
      Goldbug (who inherited his strength as a warrior and his warrior spirit)
      Blurr (who inherited his speed)
      Rodimus (who inherited his leadership skills)
    Optimus Prime
    Grimlock, a former member of the Lightning Strike Coalition back during the war for Cybertron. He initially refused to follow Prime until he was forcefully reprogrammed. Now he remains an intelligent and civilized being with a short temper. When he loses his temper he turns into his dinosaur mode and goes on a destructive rampage.

What do you think?
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:54 pm

Shattered Glass works best as a non-mainstream ordeal since the idea of it is to turn everything we know about Transformers upside-down and backwards. Because it goes against everything that has made Transformers popular and successful, it can work reasonably well for something small and just for fun. But for something as big and commercially viable as a full-fledged cartoon series, it's a dangerous gamble. More dangerous and risky than Beast Wars initially was.

There's also the notion that the current SG series/concept has been going on for five years, and at least 50% of the fandom have grown to loathe it.

But those who do like it (the fiction, that is) seem to most prefer the SG text stories written by TCC writers S. Trent Troop and Greg Sepelak, and for good reason. Of all the SG stories the Club has produced, the SG prose stories take the idea of Shattered Glass and just have fun with it. They poke fun at the traditions and cliches seen commonplace in most TF fiction, they parody events and things from non-SG stories, and most of all they are light-hearted and good-feeling and don't take themselves all that seriously. The first "Shattered Glass" comic story from BotCon 2008 was dark, gritty, and oh so serious. It worked as a one-shot story, but had the darkness of that comic continued into the follow up prose works, they might not have been as well received as they are. I mean, they gave us SG Ravage who's a blogger than speaks in chatspeak. Like, for totes rlz, srsly, LOL. :lol:

The six-part "Reunification" story returned to the super serious nature of the first story, and aside from it continuing the ongoing storyline of the Nexus Prime component characters, it was not as well received. And the 2012 "Invasion" story was greater panned by the fandom, from both those who like and dislike SG.

Your idea strikes me as being more along the lines of the nitty-gritty epic feeling of the first SG story, "Reunification", and "Invasion", rather than of the more popular text stories that play things up more with satire and self-awareness. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:43 am

Well if neither doing to Beast Wars what they did to G1 when they did TFP or doing a Shattered Glass-like story doesn't work, then I've got nothing. At first I thought we can't exactly do Autobots vs. Decepticons again since Megatron has changed permanently, so I thought that BW was the only logical choice. Then, after the users didn't like that, I thought of other options and thought "What if Prime's demise caused some kind of collapse in society or something? Make it a new interpretation of Shattered Glass." We'd have Bots vs. Cons and it'd still work in the Aligned continuity. But since my SG idea was also downvoted, I've seriously got nothing.
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:04 pm

If not Megatron, I'm sure someone will come along to reform the Decepticons as their new leader. A Shockwave/Ratbat/Scorponok/Thunderwing/Bludgeon type character. After all, Hasbro's got toys to sell, and they sure do love selling them "Evil Decepticon" toys. ;)

Though, based on the rumors/interviews we heard about the next series, I think it might be safe to say that whatever goes down in AoE might have an influence on the next series, since it was said that they were waiting to see how that movie does before making the next show (or at least, the next show after Prime, that is, since the next show after Rescue Bots may not have such constraints).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Wait, I could see this SHattered Glass idea working... but instead, it's the normal Autobots (and maybe a few surviving Decepticons such as Shockwave and Starscream, who lead a small group still loyal to the Decepticons) who somehow find themselves transported to a Shattered Glass-like Universe.
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion