Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Next Transformers Show

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Next Transformers Show

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Wait, I could see this SHattered Glass idea working... but instead, it's the normal Autobots (and maybe a few surviving Decepticons such as Shockwave and Starscream, who lead a small group still loyal to the Decepticons) who somehow find themselves transported to a Shattered Glass-like Universe.
The problem with making SG work on a maintream level is that it takes the most basic concepts of the brand that have helped it succeed for 30 years and turns them on their head. Heroic Autobots and Evil Decepticons sell. Inverting that for a large scale franchise is a radical idea that could potentially lead to commercial disaster for the toy sales and marketability.

It's like saying, "Hey kids, you know that noble Optimus Prime guy you love so much? Well guess what! Now he's EVIL and out to KILL EVERYTHING!!! Muwahahaha!!!" :twisted: :P 'Tis an idea that some fanboys might go for, but parents and young children likely wouldn't, and they're the ones the mainstream lines need to grab the attention of in order to sell toys. ;)

And, having good 'Bots and evil 'Cons alongside the good 'Cons and evil 'Bots could easily lead to some major confusion, since Hasbro struggles enough with marketing more than one faction these days (notice the distinct lack of Decepticons compared to Predacons in the Beast Hunters lines). Doesn't help that BotCon 2012's "Invasion" set and series did just that and it wasn't received that well at all, even among the SG fans. :|
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:27 pm

It might work for like a one shot episode or multiparter but i doubt they could base a series on it and mak it work
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:26 am

ironrod prime wrote:It might work for like a one shot episode or multiparter but i doubt they could base a series on it and mak it work
Oh yes, a one-shot deal or mutli-parter would fit very nicely.

In fact, the canceled season 4 of Animated was gonna have a Shattered Glass episode called "Mirror, Mirror", in which Sari and Bulkhead would somehow find themselves in a SG world trying to make sense of everything and get back home.

Derrick Wyatt also once stated that, the main reason he wanted to do a SG episode was so he could have a SG Fanzone say "This is why I LOVE machines!" :D
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion