Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

What of the Terrinsecticons?

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

What of the Terrinsecticons?

Postby OptimusPhillip » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:38 pm

I was reading a TF fanfic with Airachnid in it and I remembered the cliffhanger of Thirst, and realized how that was never resolved. Now I'm almost thinking that, with the Cons disbanded, Airachnid and her Terrinsecticon army (cool name, right?) might be the antagonists of the next show. Thoughts?
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Re: What of the Terrinsecticons?

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:10 pm

As a matter of fact, the subject of Airachnid's unresolved fate was indeed brought up and discussed in an interview with Supervising Producer Duane Capizzi conducted by the Transformers Collectors Club in Issue #54 of the TCC magazine, in which the following was stated:
TCC: Staying on Gina Torres' Airachnid for a moment, the last we saw of her was in "Thirst" when Dark Energon mutated her into an Energon-sucking vampire before being marooned on one of Cybertron's moons. What is her ultimate fate? How did Unicron's defeat affect her symbiosis with Dark Energon?
DC: We purposely left things open-ended, so that Airachnid might somehow play into the finale. But, with the Predacons front and center, there simply wasn't room to do justice to another thread. As it stands, our thought was: banished to a moon of Cybertron, Airachnid would simply continue to feed upon her Insecticon army until she drained every last one of Energon – then would eventually starve and perish. A cruel and creepy end to perhaps our most cruel and creepy Decepticon! But as with Soundwave being relegated to the Shadow Zone, some character wrap-ups are certainly open-ended enough to be revisited in future storylines – be it comics, webisodes, etc.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Soooo that's a maybe :?:
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:13 pm

I hope Soundwave returns in RID
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:43 am

Wing Saber wrote:I hope Soundwave returns in RID

But isn't he in the deadzone?
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:33 am

ironrod prime wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:I hope Soundwave returns in RID

But isn't he in the deadzone?
You've been watching too much Dragon Ball Z. :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:23 pm

The slag with soundwave bring back dreadwing.
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:49 pm

ironrod prime wrote:The slag with soundwave bring back dreadwing.

At least Soundwave is alive. Dreadwing is just plain dead.
Wing Saber

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion