Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:27 pm

Merged with Official TF: Prime Discussion Thread.

I could not watch it tonight due to not having the Hub at my Mom's place. I'm still waiting for the YouTube version.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:58 pm

I just can't beleive that they're making us wait till February to watch the rest of the show after Darkness Rising
Wing Saber

Postby Mechabreaker » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:26 pm

Added YouTube episode links, courtesy of YouTube user FTransformers.

The ending scene of the latest episode gave me chills. Can't wait for part four.
Mechabreaker

Re: TFP: Darkness Rising pt 3 Discussion

Postby Agent X » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:45 am

none of them looked familiar, however it did start me thing that the WfC sequil might focus on the pre-series Earth battles

it was decent episode and i liked the laserbeak/ratbat disgne

on a side note: Bulkhead has Zaku like legs
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Re: TFP: Darkness Rising pt 3 Discussion

Postby lioconvoy » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:59 am

this show gets better and bettter.

i am impressed

the kids still agrivate me but i have to say i like fouler. he's the guy you love to hate lol

miko is a bit overpowering for me tbh but jack isn't so bad.

dark energon "reserects the dead" ratchet said so its verry possible that perceptor's idea may be true.
on that subject i managed to get a gen percie lastnight woo!

soundwave rocked in this episode just using his compactdiscacons lol (i know they are minicons)

megatron is epic!
lioconvoy

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:13 pm

Okay, I officially like these kids. They're doing exactly what one would expect human kids partnered with TFs would do: use them to fullest potential in leisure activity. They provide the perfect friendly contrast to the show's overall gritty and grim feeling.

Ratchet refers to Dark Energon as being scare in existence. Not in regards to its existence on Earth, but in general. Yet the game/book had an abundance of Dark Energon all across Cybertron.

I love how the Cons have an aerial headquarters this time. It really feels like they're more sophistcated in this series than in previous series.

Once again, Soundwave plays back voice recordings. I'm starting to think he won't get an actual voice of his own anytime soon.

Agent Fowler is stern, but he's much more likeable than Director Galloway. You can tell that he truly does care about the security of the world and doesn't fully trust the Autobots only because of this concern.

We see Soundwave launch a Deployer from his chest. It's some kind of flying figure that unfolds from his chestplate like the Breastforce from Victory. I won't say that it's Laserbeak/Buzzsaw/Ratbat/etc. just yet, as it looks more like a non-sentient homing object or a drone instead of an actual bot.

Okay, Fowler just earned a lot more awesome points as he actually tries to shoot down Soundwave's Deployer, and talks smack at Starscream while captured.

Eradicons can still speak: "You there!" Apparently Steve Blum provides their voices.

Though, their presence is puzzling, as we know little of what happened before this series and after the book/game.

The credits give Fowler's full name to be Agent William "Bill" Fowler.

perceptor wrote:Woah, "Darkness Rising" apparently is reference to fallen Decepticon warriors, rising from grave. Did they look familiar to you?
Surprisingly, no. They all appeared to be entirely new designs. Though, they did kinda remind me of the demon minions from Angel Wars: Guardian Force.

Mechafire wrote:Added YouTube episode links, courtesy of YouTube user FTransformers.
Gracias and arigato!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT: Episode 4 is now up too.

These "ancestor" (?) zombies seem less brutish than Cliffjumper was.

Very smart thinking on Bulkhead's part to slide Miko forward under the enemies' legs to avoid laser fire.

Eradicons speak yet again. :D

Optimus having arm swords (like his Movie counterpart) is still cool, but also kinda starting to get over done. Originality can be a good thing every once in a while.

They are really showing the severity of this war with the humans watching the battle from a perspective that shows that they could be easily killed at any point in the fight.

Onboard the Cons' warship, Raf is acting in probably the most realistic way a human child should be acting in such a situation: scared, distressed, and doubtful of his survival.

What was that stuff Fowler said right before Bumblebee fired at Starscream to break the stalemate?

SLAG, YEAH! Starscream fired his thruster Arcee to blast her right after he transformed. I am LOVING this creative use of transformation offenses and manuveurs. 8-)

Look a that! Useful human sidekicks (in that they got a snapshot of Megatron's plans), and it's only episode 4.

Welker's starting to sound closer and closer to his G1 Megs voice in this episode.

So, Jack (age 16) and Raf (age 12 1/4) attend the same school? Are there that many grades in it, or did Raf skip a grades or two?

I smell a Jack/Miko shipping. Though, if it comes to fruition, hopefully it'll turn out better than those that went nowhere (i.e. - Rad/Alexis, Kicker/Misha, etc.).

Megs wants to build a space bridge. Okay. But the Cons already ahve one on Cybertron, as seen in the TF: Prime graphic novel. Mybe he needs an Earth-based one for back-and-forth travel, as the one Arcee, Cliff, and Screamer used in the comic to get to Earth seemed more like a one-way trip.

And, Megatron wants to use Dark Energon on Cybertron to resurrect an army of undead soldiers. One probelm with that. When Dark Energon was used on Cybertron before, IT DID NOT DO THAT! What is up with this Dark Energon? It's effects in this show are in complete disagreement with both Exodus and WFC.

Gorgeous shot of Cybertron at the end.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby strtkwr » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:53 pm

I don't know, I am not terribly impressed with this new series. First, I hate that (again) bumblebee does not have a voice. I am sorry, but to me, this is getting really old. It seems to me that the writers (who also did this in the movies) just can't think of any other way to make him distinctive.

Second, I don't like the look of Megatron. For some reason, his design bothers me. He looks fat.

Third, Unicron already? I am sorry, I loved Unicron in the original movie, but anymore, he seems overplayed (what with unicron trilogy). I say let him rest, and try something else for a change. He no longer has the wow factor, just because it seems like he is used so often anymore.

Fourth, don't like the techno wonder kid. They always bother me, no matter what series they are in (maybe because I grew up on Star Trek: TNG and hated Wil Wheaton). and I don't care much for the rest of the humans. Loved the humans in Animted (esp Fanzone).

Last, this premier is so violent, I don't feel comfortable letting my 6 year old watch it. I used to love watching Animated with my son, but the scenes with CF were just over the top in violence for a child (IMO).

Overall, I was much more impressed with Animated after the into episodes than I am with Prime. I think I may be in for a dissapointing time with this series.
strtkwr

Postby Agent X » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:14 pm

potental spoilers ahead

after watching the 5th episode i cant wait until febuary

sticking with the unicron theme is anybody else thinking that now that cybertron has been infected with "the Blood of Unicron" that Primus' body in this universe might change into a new body for Unicron

and now Optimus is taking on the role of The Doctor for this vers

end spoiler

strtkwr wrote:Last, this premier is so violent, I don't feel comfortable letting my 6 year old watch it. I used to love watching Animated with my son, but the scenes with CF were just over the top in violence for a child (IMO).

looking at both the rateing of WFC and the time that the series is on (around 6pm CST for the preiview) if guessing this series isn't aimed twards the very young, and it is most likely geared twards the 10+ age group

Then again look at what kids have acess to these days and how the cartoons are these days. In general the "modern" cartoons either have a darker tone than the late 80's and 90's (ex. TMNT vs Original serise), or they have crude humor with adult jokes mixed in (Spongebob, Adventure Time). Alternativly you have to look at what eh show is going up aginst when it finally stars. One can safely bet that it will be on friday nights around the same time that Cartoon Network (for example) has show such as Ben 10, Symbiotic Titian, and Star Wars Clone Wars of which none of these shows are geard for the under 8 age group. Speaking for myself I know that if these shows were when i was young, i would not have been allowed to watch them.

Dont look at TF Prime as a violent series, look at it as the product of what society has deamed exceptible for children of the new mellinium.
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby Mechabreaker » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:45 am

Well, after viewing the whole mini-series, I can say that this show is definitely a worthy successor to Animated.

Is it February, yet?
Mechabreaker

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:46 am

Well, wasn't that just convenient for the Autobots to warp so close to the Space Bridge, considering how dangerous they made such a feat out to be.

I thought the kids were gonna be warped *inside* the building, not outside.

I'm dubbing those aerial Eradicons as the "Seeker" variant, as the game and book pretty much referred to any flying, jet-like Decepticon as a Seeker.

Think that fallen human in the same room as Soundwave is dead, or not (cuz, ya know, "kids show")?

boy, Megatron's method of launching the Dark Energon into the Space Bridge seems really... old-fashioned. :roll:

Ratchet: "Then by all means, let us light our darkest hour!" -- Oh, SNAP!!! Clever! :D

Optimus: "One shall stand, one shall fall." - Sadly, can't say the same about that overused line, though.

With the army of the undead having come so close to the Space Bridge before it detonated, what's to become of them, since they were apparently off of the Cybertron when that happened?

Starscream's eulogy over Megs' "death" hearkens back to a similar seen in Animated.

Ratchet: "And Megatron?"
Optimus: "Not even HE could have survived Ground Zero." - I beg to differ. This wouldn't be the first time a Megatron/Galvatron has survived such an explosion. G1 Galvatron survived Cybertron's destruction at Ground Zero too. And that was an even BIGGER explosion.

Why must Optimus deliver a speech at the end that pretty much rips off the movie speeches? Couldn't this Prime avoid that cliche?

But overall, this was a very cool episode and mini-series as a whole. Of all the humans, Raf was the most useful, Miko was the most enthusiastic, and Jack was... just... kinda there. Don't get me wrong, he was good, just not that special. I liked that Soundwave got more involved in this episode, but I wish he had done more before now. It was ironic that Bumblebee got almost no time in the spotlight, when he's technically the kid-appeal character. Starscream is sinister, but Megatron seemed... typical. Like Jack, he didn't seem all that special, as he was pretty much the one-dimensional evil villain that his G1 self was. Same goes for Optimus. Optimus was his Movie self's twin brother, without anything special about him to make him stand out from the other Optimuses of the past. I did like how Arcee and Bulkhead got a good amount of screen time, as it's these kinds of characters who usually get overshadowed by the more popular bots. Sadly, Cliffjumper did not follow in suit. He was killed off too early, but at least we got to know about him more in the graphic novel. And the Eradicons are pretty much beautiful Stormtroopers. The look cool and powerful, but they need to take a step up from the Principle of Evil Marksmanship. Still, this was a very good and enjoyable event. Do I think it was as good as or better than Animated's three-part opener? Not exactly, but it definitely has potential. Is it as good as or better than the live action movies? In a word, yes. Two episodes in and it practically killed ROTF. Could it be the next Beast Wars? Maybe, it's not there yet and has a long way to go to get there. Does it hold up well with the Exodus novel and the War for Cybertron games? Difficult to say, as its connection with them is sketchy at best. Final verdict, I give this mini-series a solid 8/10. it ain't perfect, but it's pretty darn good.

Agent X wrote:sticking with the unicron theme is anybody else thinking that now that cybertron has been infected with "the Blood of Unicron" that Primus' body in this universe might change into a new body for Unicron
That's another continuity error. Cybertron was already infected with Dark Energon in the book/game. That's the whole reason the Autobots left Cybertron in the first place. Yet, here they act like this act of infecting it again is something new, when we can see that it's the exact same Cybertron as the seen in the game (the same animation model from Cybertron in the game was used in the show).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion