Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:07 am

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:I think the freezing messup was because they needed to explain megatron and bumblebee being frozen in the movies, which is more of that messed up movieverse business overflowing into the cartoons :<

bumblebee was never frozen
Yes he was. Sector Seven froze him to capture him.

Wing Saber wrote:Maybe this mention from tfwiki will help answer your questions!
It is not an error that the Autobots can freeze in the Arctic but not in space. The idea that being in space will immediately freeze you up like a popsicle is a lie perpetuated by bad science fiction

Remember this is not just in Prime and the movies. Remember the G1 episode 'Fire in the Sky'? Skyfire was frozen! Or how about the episode 'Trust' from Cybertron? Crosswise was frozen in ice as well.
While that does explain why they froze up when being buried, that doesn't why they could freeze when just walking around in the Arctic. In "Fire in the Sky", the Autobots and Decepticons were walking in the Arctic for long periods of time without freezing at all. Skyfire couldn't take it because he was buried.

think about it what if theese are more than just transforming robots what if they have systems similar to ours

it makes sence and it has been proven to a certian extent

1. megatron getting drunk on energon(g1)
2. rattrap eating an apple core(beast wars)
3. techno/organic life(beast machines)
4. the hatchlings(rotf)

point being if theese were just robots then they wouldnt be able to do theese things
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:22 pm

ironrod prime wrote:think about it what if theese are more than just transforming robots what if they have systems similar to ours

it makes sence and it has been proven to a certian extent

1. megatron getting drunk on energon(g1)
2. rattrap eating an apple core(beast wars)
3. techno/organic life(beast machines)
4. the hatchlings(rotf)

point being if theese were just robots then they wouldnt be able to do theese things
Who ever said otherwise? All I'm saying is that the TFs in this series are less resistant to cold weather than those of past series.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby overhaul » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:43 pm

I agree, the characters were getting cold too quickly in the arctic.
Another thing that bothered me: how does staying still help them stay warm?
When it comes to organic beings (namely us humans), moving around helps our bodies generate heat, and thus to stay warm. Same thing applies to machines (at least our earth machines): when I start up the engine to my car, the friction caused by the engine causes it to build up heat. When I start driving the car, it builds up heat quicker.
It seems so strange to me that it wouldn't have helped Optimus and Arcee to simply transform into vehicle mode and try to find a warmer climate. The only counter argument I can think of is that they would need the energon (which Optimus mentioned). But... it would seem to me if just by walking around a bit in the arctic and then not have enough energon to get to a decent distance where they wouldn't freeze, they either don't seem to have a great capacity to carry fuel, or they are really fuel intensive.
At least transforming into their more compact vehicle modes should help them stay a little warmer.
overhaul

Postby lioconvoy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:11 pm

good episode all told

bulkhead skaired is jokes
arcee bashing him was strange but sort of makes a nice omage to animated bulkhead
freezing autobots and reason for going to the antarctic the second time was a little odd but i believe they were searching for mor pods.
this ep gave me a verry beast wars vibe with the pod and all things crossed with stargate with the scraplets reminding me of replicators lol

was shocked that we didn't get to see any cons at all but interesting never the less

ep 8 looks nice but wheeljack looks strange lol
lioconvoy

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:12 pm

overhaul wrote:I agree, the characters were getting cold too quickly in the arctic.
Another thing that bothered me: how does staying still help them stay warm?
When it comes to organic beings (namely us humans), moving around helps our bodies generate heat, and thus to stay warm. Same thing applies to machines (at least our earth machines): when I start up the engine to my car, the friction caused by the engine causes it to build up heat. When I start driving the car, it builds up heat quicker.
It seems so strange to me that it wouldn't have helped Optimus and Arcee to simply transform into vehicle mode and try to find a warmer climate. The only counter argument I can think of is that they would need the energon (which Optimus mentioned). But... it would seem to me if just by walking around a bit in the arctic and then not have enough energon to get to a decent distance where they wouldn't freeze, they either don't seem to have a great capacity to carry fuel, or they are really fuel intensive.
At least transforming into their more compact vehicle modes should help them stay a little warmer.

Well when you're driving it gets colder cause the air is moving by you faster. plus if there was any wind that would add to it
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:22 pm

Episode 8 -

Arcee: "The masses scattered to the galaxies when Cybertron finally went dark." - Ooohhh! Intentional reference to WFC/Exodus, perhaps? ;)

The Autobots' Earth base is named "Autobot Outpost Omega One".

Optimus Prime: "Wheeljack -- I know of him by reputation only." - Optimus does not know Wheeljack personally. Interesting.

BUKHEAD AND WHEELJACK WERE WRECKERS! How cool is that!? 8-)

"Makeshift"? Was that a name or an order? EDIT: Nevermind, it's a name. We get new Bot and new Con in this one!

Blasted Vehicon Seekers! Big mistake shooting down "Jacky's" ship!

Ooh! Wheeljack's got removable Mouthplate cover like Optimus!

Makeshift had such confidence for a while at first. It seems like, once he found out how long it would take to defrag the Ground Bridge's systems, he kinda stopped trying to keep up Wheeljack's personality.

Why is Arcee still bagging on Bulkhead?

Vehicons speak again. :D

Even though Makeshift is voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson, he sounds like Frank Welker.

I hope Makeshift wasn't killed by that bomb. He's an interesting character and would make for some good episode plots.

Bulkhead: "Jacky never stays, but he alwasy comes back." - Hear that? He'll be back.

Next week, human soldiers are the enemy.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Wheeljack passes soundwave for my new favorite character
Sabrblade wrote:Ooh! Wheeljack's got removable Mouthplate cover like Optimus!

For once, I actually think one of the removable mouthplate bots looks better without the mouthplate
Sabrblade wrote:Why is Arcee still bagging on Bulkhead?

I'm guessing she doesn't like him
Sabrblade wrote:I hope Makeshift wasn't killed by that bomb. He's an interesting character and would make for some good episode plots.

Yes, he is. Now, you have to admit, He is similar to sideways. he's all mysterious and stuff
Sabrblade wrote:Next week, human soldiers are the enemy.

Oh god, I hope this doesn't become like Animated :|
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:43 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Yes, he is. Now, you have to admit, He is similar to sideways. he's all mysterious and stuff
Yeah, but there's been lot of mysterious dudes over the years. Makeshift is only a mystery to us right now. Starscream seems to know him very well.

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Next week, human soldiers are the enemy.

Oh god, I hope this doesn't become like Animated :|
Nah, these humans seem more like professionals. Like federal criminals with military arms. Fowler even considers them a threat.

But, ya gotta admit, Meltdown was awesome. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:44 pm

Sabrblade wrote:ya gotta admit, Meltdown was awesome. ;)

He would have been better without that horrible white suit
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:56 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:ya gotta admit, Meltdown was awesome. ;)

He would have been better without that horrible white suit
:shock: Dude. It's a pimp suit! He can potentially kill a Transformer while wearing a pimp suit! That's like, an instant win! :P

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion