Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Agent X » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:05 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Agent X wrote:sticking with the unicron theme is anybody else thinking that now that cybertron has been infected with "the Blood of Unicron" that Primus' body in this universe might change into a new body for Unicron
That's another continuity error. Cybertron was already infected with Dark Energon in the book/game. That's the whole reason the Autobots left Cybertron in the first place. Yet, here they act like this act of infecting it again is something new, when we can see that it's the exact same Cybertron as the seen in the game (the same animation model from Cybertron in the game was used in the show).

perhapse it would have been better if i had phrased it as reinfected. you have to remember in the game the majority of the autobots left after Primus shut down this body's core to recooperate from haveing been infectied.

its possible that WFC and Prime take place far enough apart that Primus reawoke this body and was "killed" thus leaving Cybertron the dead planet as we saw in Prime (and might be part of the plot for the second game)

alternativly maybe Hasbro is giving up on haveing WFC and Prime in the same universe
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Postby H Falcon » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:44 pm

I love the new show. It has the possibility for me to be the best to me. I loved the 5 parts so far. (Thanks for the links guys).

I am annoyed at the whole "This is taking place in the same continuity" thing though. I mean really. As people have pointed out there is just so much inconsistency. It is forced. I wont accept it unless the show itself somehow ties it all together in some eps. Other then that to me TFP is it's own series/continuity and that is perfectly fine with me.

Oh and I'm new here (obviously). I've been coming to the site for years (Not the forums though) to just look through the galleries, read the information and the pages (still waiting for older pages to get updated?) and check out TF related news. I love this site. It is so informative and awesome. :D

I finally decided to join up today because I just had to say something about that Hasbro statement. I love TFP so far (like I said it has the potential to be the best series ever to me) so I just felt like I HAD to say something. Sorry if I'm pissing anyone off with my opinions. I don't mean to be a bother or annoy people. I just have my feelings on the matter. As I'm sure a lot of you have your own too.

On that note I wanted to ask the community here. I don't want to come off as some raging fanboy who wont accept canon or whatever. But do you think it comes off that way if I am saying I don't want to accept a "Suit" response and want to wait till it's official in the show someway? Am I being hardheaded and unwilling to accept things? Or does what I say have some reason-ability to it? Just curious...
H Falcon

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:01 pm

H Falcon wrote:On that note I wanted to ask the community here. I don't want to come off as some raging fanboy who wont accept canon or whatever. But do you think it comes off that way if I am saying I don't want to accept a "Suit" response and want to wait till it's official in the show someway? Am I being hardheaded and unwilling to accept things? Or does what I say have some reason-ability to it? Just curious...
Honestly, I can't blame you for disliking all the continuity issues. I too am not digging all the inconsistancies in this new aligned continuity and I will continue to nitpick until they get some rectifications put in motion.

But, I won't let that stop my enjoyment of this series.

Still, it's not like the multiverse of the Transformers is all neat and flawless. Other retcons such as this one include:
  • Forcing Cybertron in with Armada and Energon.
  • Forcing Galaxy Force in with Micron Densetsu and Super Link.
  • Relocating Beast wars II and Beast Wars Neo to occur "tens of thousands of years" after Beast Wars Returns instead of before it.
  • Forcing Car Robots into the Japanese G1 continuity
  • Kiss Players... 'nuff said
  • Forcing the Japanese dub of Animated to be a supposed "prequel" to the Japanese dubs of the live action movies
  • Changing the Japanese version of the G1 episode "Call of the Primitives" to involve time travel
  • Changing Primacron's assistant into being Primus, Vector Sigma, and the Oracle all at the same time
  • Forcing the Beast Wars Diorama Story (which includes Movie characters crossing over in the Beast Wars) into the Japanese G1 continuity
  • Making Alpha Trion into one of the Original 13 TFs, who are all Multiversal Singularites, when he has a Shattered Glass counterpart
  • Claiming that Multversal Singularities do not exist in the WFC/Exodus/Prime continuity (when it was established that the 13 are indeed Mult-Sings), thus seemingly placing WFC/Exodus/Prime outside of the TF Multiverse (so, would that now make it an omniverse?)

And all this, and more, is official! Nonsensical blasphemy, but official, nonetheless. :ugeek:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby H Falcon » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:50 pm

H Falcon wrote:On that note I wanted to ask the community here. I don't want to come off as some raging fanboy who wont accept canon or whatever. But do you think it comes off that way if I am saying I don't want to accept a "Suit" response and want to wait till it's official in the show someway? Am I being hardheaded and unwilling to accept things? Or does what I say have some reason-ability to it? Just curious...
Honestly, I can't blame you for disliking all the continuity issues. I too am not digging all the inconsistancies in this new aligned continuity and I will continue to nitpick until they get some rectifications put in motion.

But, I won't let that stop my enjoyment of this series.

Oh hell no it's for sure not going to stop me from enjoying the series. I just mean to come off as in "my" mind I'm not going to accept some thrown together statement that "all are one continuity" just because they want to have everyone accept it that way. They will have to "Prove" to me that it's all tied together. In the actual show. Not just taking it for word value because some "Suit" reads a line he is told to say.

Believe me it isn't going to stop me from enjoying the show. I love the show so far. Like I said it has the possibility of being my favorite of all time. And that is saying a lot!

Still, it's not like the multiverse of the Transformers is all neat and flawless. Other retcons such as this one include:
  • Forcing Cybertron in with Armada and Energon.
  • Forcing Galaxy Force in with Micron Densetsu and Super Link.
  • Relocating Beast wars II and Beast Wars Neo to occur "tens of thousands of years" after Beast Wars Returns instead of before it.
  • Forcing Car Robots into the Japanese G1 continuity
  • Kiss Players... 'nuff said
  • Forcing the Japanese dub of Animated to be a supposed "prequel" to the Japanese dubs of the live action movies
  • Changing the Japanese version of the G1 episode "Call of the Primitives" to involve time travel
  • Changing Primacron's assistant into being Primus, Vector Sigma, and the Oracle all at the same time
  • Forcing the Beast Wars Diorama Story (which includes Movie characters crossing over in the Beast Wars) into the Japanese G1 continuity
  • Making Alpha Trion into one of the Original 13 TFs, who are all Multiversal Singularites, when he has a Shattered Glass counterpart
  • Claiming that Multversal Singularities do not exist in the WFC/Exodus/Prime continuity (when it was established that the 13 are indeed Mult-Sings), thus seemingly placing WFC/Exodus/Prime outside of the TF Multiverse (so, would that now make it an omniverse?)

And all this, and more, is official! Nonsensical blasphemy, but official, nonetheless. :ugeek:

Yeah. That is a giant mess. I wouldn't believe (or more like accept) some of that forced crud either. I just take each series for what it is. :)

Besides is it really so hard to just accept each series is it's "own" continuity? Why is that so bad? Because people want their heroes to live on? To be in each series? :: Shrugs ::
H Falcon

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:33 pm

H Falcon wrote: Besides is it really so hard to just accept each series is it's "own" continuity? Why is that so bad? Because people want their heroes to live on? To be in each series? :: Shrugs ::
Oh, to hear you converse with Perceptor (another admin, not the character) over this subject would be most interesting indeed. :lol:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Agent X » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:42 pm

Sabrblade wrote:[*]Making Alpha Trion into one of the Original 13 TFs, who are all Multiversal Singularites, when he has a Shattered Glass counterpart

I think i have a plassable solution to Alpha Trion
given he is a Multiversal Singularity like Unicron, Primus, and the other 12

maybe he is more like Unicron and Prime in the aspect that he has multiple bodies and has one "spark" (couldnt think of a better term)

also we can assume that time is a variable in each universe where time flows smothly but not at hte same speed in each
Agent X

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Agent X wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:[*]Making Alpha Trion into one of the Original 13 TFs, who are all Multiversal Singularites, when he has a Shattered Glass counterpart

I think i have a plassable solution to Alpha Trion
given he is a Multiversal Singularity like Unicron, Primus, and the other 12

maybe he is more like Unicron and Prime in the aspect that he has multiple bodies and has one "spark" (couldnt think of a better term)

also we can assume that time is a variable in each universe where time flows smothly but not at hte same speed in each
We're getting way off topic, I'll take this to PM.

On topic, so who else can't wait till February?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Sabrblade wrote:so who else can't wait till February?

me!
Wing Saber

Postby Agent X » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:09 pm

Febuary is going to kick butt
Agent X

Postby H Falcon » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:04 am

Agent X wrote:Febuary is going to kick butt

Seriously...

I am so excited to see more of this awesome series. I just hope the quality is the same as the 5 part mini-series. Or if it's different it's not "too" different.

Between TFP and MvsC3 coming out, February 2011 looks like it is going to be an AWESOME month! :D

On that note I'll add I hope when the TFP toys do get released that they are very close to the animation model... I hope... pretty please!
:mrgreen:
H Falcon

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion