Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:00 am

Searchlight wrote:True, the show as a whole is beginning to develop its own continuity, and is drawing a bit more from the books as it goes. I like to think that the books and game are a kind of seed story which can branch out into other shows, including rescue bots, prime, and whatever other shows hasbro may decide to produce.
Yep, the first game and first book are meant to serve as a foundation for future aligned stuff, but the main root of it all that even the games/books stem from is the Binder of Revelation. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:01 pm

Am I the only one who is dreading this new 'Beast Hunters' approach to Prime?
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Am I the only one who is dreading this new 'Beast Hunters' approach to Prime?

I dont know why
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:54 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Am I the only one who is dreading this new 'Beast Hunters' approach to Prime?

Dreading? I thought you were among those all for it. :o :?

I am totally psyched for this! I am loving all these new Mad Max style upgrade designs that make everyone look like they're in some kind of "Dragon Mode" type powered up form. And all the Predacons appear to be dragons, dragons, and more dragons galore! I loves me some dragons! :grin: 8-)

And the gimmick now is the long-awaited return of projectile-firing weaponry that's we've been missing since before DOTM and its mostly mediocre MechTech gimmick.

Not to mention that the whole thing just looks so FUN! I haven't yet found the Wave 1 Deluxes, but I've heard almost unanimously good things about them from those who have them. Bumblebee looks like he could be the next Murderbee, Wheeljack is such an extensive retool that he's practically a new mold altogether, Soundwave's just a boss, and Lazerback is said to be a stupendously enjoyable figure. :D

And, the whole thing just has this fantastic feel of imagination and wonder, with the designs all being themed around "mythical" forms instead of "realistic" forms. Realistic forms are what we've had since 2006--Animated notwithstanding--and it's felt like the line has been in a sort of rut ever since. Now, the imaginations of the toy designers are no longer limited and restricted to what we perceive in our real life reality and are now free to run wild and expand beyond the realm of the natural and further into the supernatural.

Many are hating on this change almost just as badly as the the G1 crowd hated on Beast Wars back in 1996, but look how well that turned out. Granted, this "Beast Hunters" isn't exactly the same beast (pun intended) as Beast Wars and is being made by different people. But so far things are looking up from here on, IMO. I've grown tired of the uber-realistic feel that we've been stuck in for so long, and my favorite parts of TF: Prime have been all the lore-based and mystical/legendary components like the Star Saber and the history flashbacks like with the Thirteen and Orion Pax/Megatron. If the show finally decides to steer away from the seriously-overdone real world feel that it took from the movies and go in more fantasy-based route, then I say more power to them and look forward to it greatly. :smile:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:35 pm

Sabrblade wrote: I am loving all these new Mad Max style upgrade designs that make everyone look like they're in some kind of "Dragon Mode" type powered up form. And all the Predacons appear to be dragons, dragons, and more dragons galore! I loves me some dragons! :grin: 8-)

And the gimmick now is the long-awaited return of projectile-firing weaponry that's we've been missing since before DOTM and its mostly mediocre MechTech gimmick.

Not to mention that the whole thing just looks so FUN! I haven't yet found the Wave 1 Deluxes, but I've heard almost unanimously good things about them from those who have them. Bumblebee looks like he could be the next Murderbee, Wheeljack is such an extensive retool that he's practically a new mold altogether, Soundwave's just a boss, and Lazerback is said to be a stupendously enjoyable figure. :D

The toys look great, it's the cartoon version I'm dreading. It seems to me they're bringing in a new gimmick in an attempt to save a show, when it doesn't need saving. I'll go in with an open mind, and, if done right, it will hopefully be great. But as of right now I'm dreading it. The only parts I'm actually looking forward to is the return of Shockwave and the possibility of the Dinobots.

About the projectile firing, I would prefer non-firing, though I agree on the disliking of mechtech.

About Lazerback, you might want to watch Peaugh's video review of him.
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:55 pm

peagh liked him his review was positive he only had a few nit picks
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:32 pm

You know, everyone, me included, has been saying Transformers Prime has been too afraid to kill off main characters, but honestly, this is always the way it is.
Look at Beast Wars
WARNING: MAJOR BEAST WARS SPOILERS
In the Agenda Part 2, Inferno can clearly be seen disintegrating, yet he comes walking out of the cave two episodes later.
Optimus Primal was brought back to life
In Nemesis Part 3, The way Rhinox flew the Autobot shuttle into the ship saying "For everything that ever was..." they should have killed him off, but they didin't.
in The Agenda, Rattrap sticks two explosives to Tarantulas' hands. Ravage is killed by the explosion, yet Tarantulas isn't.
Waspinator in every episode ever.
Blackarachnia flatlines, then the Transmetal II drive somehow brings her back to life
When Rampage was killed by Depth Charge, Dinobot II should have died because his spark and Rampage's are one and the same.

I'm just saying that just because they don't kill off main characters doesn't mean the show can't be great and enjoyable.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:10 pm

Several of those are exceptions. Regarding those from the season finales, the way the writers were handling those cases was that they were operating under a "kill 'em all, let Hasbro sort 'em out" kind of mindset. as such, several characters in the season 1 and 2 finales were utterly butchered and brutalized to the point that they could very well be have died. Inferno was even meant to die in the season 2 finale, but only if the show wasn't renewed for a third season (at the time, it wasn't known if it would get a third season).

Wing Saber wrote: Optimus Primal was brought back to life
See above. And the fact that he came back makes his death moot. Plus, this show can't bring back dead characters, so Beast Wars had more death liberties (and damage liberties thanks to the CR Chamber and CR Tank).

Wing Saber wrote: In Nemesis Part 3, The way Rhinox flew the Autobot shuttle into the ship saying "For everything that ever was..." they should have killed him off, but they didin't.
A metal ship hitting a glass(-like) windshield would have killed him? Boy, that must have been some pretty weak metal. :P

In all seriousness, I'm sure the ship protected him well enough.

Wing Saber wrote: in The Agenda, Rattrap sticks two explosives to Tarantulas' hands. Ravage is killed by the explosion, yet Tarantulas isn't.
How is this killing off a "main character"? Ravage was a guest star, Tarantulas was a series regular.

Wing Saber wrote: Waspinator in every episode ever.
Never died. Just mauled. ;) Plus the CR Tank enabled him to get fixed each time.

Wing Saber wrote: Blackarachnia flatlines, then the Transmetal II drive somehow brings her back to life
Like Optimus, she came back to life (which can't happen in this show), making her death not a plot point but a dramatic event.

Wing Saber wrote: When Rampage was killed by Depth Charge, Dinobot II should have died because his spark and Rampage's are one and the same.
Dinobot had the core of the spark, which is the most vital part.

Wing Saber wrote:I'm just saying that just because they don't kill off main characters doesn't mean the show can't be great and enjoyable.
Now that point I can agree with. If everyone died all the time, the show would be over in an instant and would be quite miserable.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:37 pm

I think your forgetting

dinobot died twice
transmutate died
Rampage died
Inferno died
terasaur and scorpinock died
tarantulas died

Etc etc etc

To say beast wars writers were afraid to kill of characters is a slaggin lie
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:37 pm

ironrod prime wrote: dinobot died twice
Dinobot I's death was to get rid of old product to make room for new guys. Dinobot II's death was a season finale death ("kill 'em all, let Hasbro sort 'em out").
ironrod prime wrote: transmutate died
Guest star

ironrod prime wrote: Rampage died
Inferno died
Season finale deaths.

ironrod prime wrote: terasaur and scorpinock died
Same as Dinobot I. Remove old toys for new toys.

ironrod prime wrote: tarantulas died
Near-series finale death.

Though, he got resurrected in Primeval Dawn.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion