Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:17 am

lioconvoy wrote:3. micron as a unit of distence.
Technically, it already is. It just so happnes to also be the Japanese name for "Mini-Con".

lioconvoy wrote:i love this series so far and i now believe that tfp is 57 episodes long.
If "Darkness Rising" is counted as a part of the 26 episodes of the first season, then the total would be 52.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:46 am

Sabrblade wrote:Episode 6 has aired.

brilliant observation
Sabrblade wrote:WOOOOOOO!!!!! OPENING SEQUENCE IS GORGEOUS!!!!!

I found it to be quite fantastic!
Sabrblade wrote:Wait, if Skyquake doesn't have a vehicle mode of any kind, then what's with all that jet kibble all over him?

I was afraid this was going to happen. Unfortunatly, it appears that in this series, They already have their 'vehicle mode parts' before they even have a vehicle mode.
Sabrblade wrote:Skyquake may be down, but I'm not yet convinced he's out.

nor am I
Sabrblade wrote: the Eradicons are actually called "Vehicons".

They will always be Eradicons to me
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:05 am

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote: the Eradicons are actually called "Vehicons".

They will always be Eradicons to me
It would seem that our source for the name "Eradicon" was wrong. The name "Vehicon" comes from both the show's creators and the online game "Terrorcon Defense".

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:32 am

my mistake looks like i need to lurn to count

sequance was pritty fantastic. and the theme is epic. i found myself humming it all day

yes i momentarily forgot to mention the micron equals minicon aswell that is a pritty good double omage
lioconvoy

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:53 am

The opening theme was probably one of the best English ones yet. It reminded me of The Japanese theme songs for Animated and Micron Legend.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:55 am

lioconvoy wrote:my mistake looks like i need to lurn to count
Well, you might not be entirely incorrect. If "Darkness Rising" isn't counted as a part of season 1, then the total episode count is 57. We just don't know for sure. It could be 52 or it could be 57. Only time will tell which it is.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:10 pm

So far my favorite character in this series is definitely Soundwave. He just stands there and watches, and the only time he speaks is when he speaks through others, like on episode 6 when Starscream told soundwave 'i must be there to witness it myself' referring to Prime's defeat, Soundwave used Starscream's words in reference to Megatron. At first I was afraid he was not going to have a personality and he was just going to be like a mindless drone, like a computer, but now im glad, he has his own plans, and thus his own personality
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Wing Saber wrote:So far my favorite character in this series is definitely Soundwave. He just stands there and watches, and the only time he speaks is when he speaks through others, like on episode 6 when Starscream told soundwave 'i must be there to witness it myself' referring to Prime's defeat, Soundwave used Starscream's words in reference to Megatron. At first I was afraid he was not going to have a personality and he was just going to be like a mindless drone, like a computer, but now im glad, he has his own plans, and thus his own personality
Yes. I like how there are no mindless drones in this series at all. Everyone is their own person with their own thoughts and personalities. Soundwave just chooses not to talk, opting to play back recordings of others instead. And the Vehicons can speak and act to their own accord, they're just not given as much spotlight as the main cast are.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I like how there are no mindless drones in this series at all. Everyone is their own person with their own thoughts and personalities. Soundwave just chooses not to talk, opting to play back recordings of others instead. And the Vehicons can speak and act to their own accord, they're just not given as much spotlight as the main cast are.

Well, The terrorcons are pretty mindless, probably don't have personalities, and they're only thoughts are probably "BRAAIIINNSSS....."
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:07 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I like how there are no mindless drones in this series at all. Everyone is their own person with their own thoughts and personalities. Soundwave just chooses not to talk, opting to play back recordings of others instead. And the Vehicons can speak and act to their own accord, they're just not given as much spotlight as the main cast are.

Well, The terrorcons are pretty mindless, probably don't have personalities, and they're only thoughts are probably "BRAAIIINNSSS....."
Well, yeah, you got me. I was mostly referring to those who weren't yet dead (or undead, in their case). :P

Though, I still wonder why Skyquake didn't have an altmode, not even a Cybertronian one. If he wasn't fitted with one, he shouldn't be able to transform even after scanning an altmode.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion