Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Official Transformers: Prime Discussion Thread

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Ok, I just tried watching Episode 7, but When I watched it it cut out the sound a whole lot. Was I the only one who experienced this problem, or did it happen to everyone?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Episode 7 -

Wait. Bulkhead and Bumblebee need to be checked after being in the cold arctic weather, yet they have no such issues with being in outer space (which is much colder than the arctic)?

So in this series, the Transformers are now affected by freezing cold weather? Why would they need such a handicap when others series didn't really have this problem?

The way Optimus said Raf's full name "Rafael" gave me a TMNT Splinter vibe, which is awesome. Imagine Peter Cullen as Master Splinter. 8)

"Only a mesh wound." :lol:

Why is Arcee bagging of Bulkhead so much? He's not an idiot. He's just a big bot with a lot of Spark (and muscle).

One fire extinguisher could take out that many Scraplets? I sincerely doubt that.

And now we have a scene that all the OptimusXArcee shippers can turn to for reference to this pairing. :roll:

I think this is the first time we've seen all five Autobots in critical conditions all at once.

Miko just lost a few points with that last scene.

Okay, there's still some things that this episode never answered: Why were the Scraplets in that pod to begin with? Why were they ejected so long ago if their pod was supposed to be a "trap" for the Autobots? What was the significance of locating them in the first place? And why did Optimus and Arcee go back to the Arctic if the pod had already been brought back to the base and nothing else was there?

In the next episode preview, Wheeljack kinda looks like a white Bumblebee with a G1 Wheeljack-inspired head (though, he's got one smugly ugly face).

Wing Saber wrote:Ok, I just tried watching Episode 7, but When I watched it it cut out the sound a whole lot. Was I the only one who experienced this problem, or did it happen to everyone?
Not me. Maybe it was problem that your local cable provider had or something.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:07 pm

Sabrblade wrote:One fire extinguisher could take out that many Scraplets? I sincerely doubt that.

Well, I've never been sprayed with one, but I'm assuming a fire hydrant is very cold.
Sabrblade wrote:Why were the Scraplets in that pod to begin with? Why were they ejected so long ago if their pod was supposed to be a "trap" for the Autobots? What was the significance of locating them in the first place? And why did Optimus and Arcee go back to the Arctic if the pod had already been brought back to the base and nothing else was there?

1. To trick the autobots
2. So that the autobots would detect their pod and go to rescue it, and then they could attack, but the autobots never did, they crashed on earth, froze, and were ironicly rescued by the autobots eons later
3. To check for more pods or anything like that, likely because Bulkhead and Bumblebee had been unable to because they got too cold
Sabrblade wrote:In the next episode preview, Wheeljack kinda looks like a white Bumblebee with a G1 Wheeljack-inspired head (though, he's got one smugly ugly face).

Wing Saber wrote:Ok, I just tried watching Episode 7, but When I watched it it cut out the sound a whole lot. Was I the only one who experienced this problem, or did it happen to everyone?

I had to watch it on youtube due to the above mentioned problem, so I was unable to see Wheeljack
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:38 am

Sabrblade wrote:Episode 7 -

Wait. Bulkhead and Bumblebee need to be checked after being in the cold arctic weather, yet they have no such issues with being in outer space (which is much colder than the arctic)?

So in this series, the Transformers are now affected by freezing cold weather? Why would they need such a handicap when others series didn't really have this problem?

The way Optimus said Raf's full name "Rafael" gave me a TMNT Splinter vibe, which is awesome. Imagine Peter Cullen as Master Splinter. 8)

"Only a mesh wound." :lol:

Why is Arcee bagging of Bulkhead so much? He's not an idiot. He's just a big bot with a lot of Spark (and muscle).

One fire extinguisher could take out that many Scraplets? I sincerely doubt that.

And now we have a scene that all the OptimusXArcee shippers can turn to for reference to this pairing. :roll:

I think this is the first time we've seen all five Autobots in critical conditions all at once.

Miko just lost a few points with that last scene.

Okay, there's still some things that this episode never answered: Why were the Scraplets in that pod to begin with? Why were they ejected so long ago if their pod was supposed to be a "trap" for the Autobots? What was the significance of locating them in the first place? And why did Optimus and Arcee go back to the Arctic if the pod had already been brought back to the base and nothing else was there?

In the next episode preview, Wheeljack kinda looks like a white Bumblebee with a G1 Wheeljack-inspired head (though, he's got one smugly ugly face).

dude you take your cartoons way too siriusly :P
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:35 am

ironrod prime wrote:dude you take your cartoons way too siriusly :P
Hey, TFs is Serious Business. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:17 pm

I think the freezing messup was because they needed to explain megatron and bumblebee being frozen in the movies, which is more of that messed up movieverse business overflowing into the cartoons :<
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:21 pm

cyberwuss wrote:I think the freezing messup was because they needed to explain megatron and bumblebee being frozen in the movies, which is more of that messed up movieverse business overflowing into the cartoons :<

bumblebee was never frozen
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Maybe this mention from tfwiki will help answer your questions!
It is not an error that the Autobots can freeze in the Arctic but not in space. The idea that being in space will immediately freeze you up like a popsicle is a lie perpetuated by bad science fiction

Remember this is not just in Prime and the movies. Remember the G1 episode 'Fire in the Sky'? Skyfire was frozen! Or how about the episode 'Trust' from Cybertron? Crosswise was frozen in ice as well.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:02 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:I think the freezing messup was because they needed to explain megatron and bumblebee being frozen in the movies, which is more of that messed up movieverse business overflowing into the cartoons :<

bumblebee was never frozen
Yes he was. Sector Seven froze him to capture him.

Wing Saber wrote:Maybe this mention from tfwiki will help answer your questions!
It is not an error that the Autobots can freeze in the Arctic but not in space. The idea that being in space will immediately freeze you up like a popsicle is a lie perpetuated by bad science fiction

Remember this is not just in Prime and the movies. Remember the G1 episode 'Fire in the Sky'? Skyfire was frozen! Or how about the episode 'Trust' from Cybertron? Crosswise was frozen in ice as well.
While that does explain why they froze up when being buried, that doesn't why they could freeze when just walking around in the Arctic. In "Fire in the Sky", the Autobots and Decepticons were walking in the Arctic for long periods of time without freezing at all. Skyfire couldn't take it because he was buried.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby perceptor » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Scrapheap was one of my favorite episodes of this series so far. Loved it. Although the ending was a little predictable, (no one was expecting OP and Arcee to die in the cold of the Arctic...) I thought the scenes where the trio back at base were getting whipped by the Scraplets, made the heroes seem vulnerable: for the first time in this series. Well done. Can't wait for more.
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion