Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Wing Saber's TF series viewings

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Wing Saber's TF series viewings

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Ok, thanks. :lol:

I take it these comics go for a hefty price on-line?
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:03 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:Ok, thanks. :lol:

I take it these comics go for a hefty price on-line?
3 issues from 2003-2004, all a never-completed story. And convention exclusive issues to boot.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:00 am

I've started watching Headmasters, therefore I'm reviving this thread

Unfortunately I forgot about this thread until a little bit into the second episode, so I'll start there with my comments. I'm starting at the part where the combiners are fighting and Fort Max is flying towards them

Fort Max is about to transform

How many times can Daniel say they're on their side? He's said it twice already!

Ah, so Kup knows Cerebros?

Interesting backstory for the Headmasters. I like it better than the English Season 4 story. Kind of reminds me of the backstory of the Omnicons from Energon

Ah, so I guess this is where Transformers Prime got the idea to make Alpha Trion a ghost-like thing

And... he's the original leader of the Autobots according to the narrarator...

I wasn't aware the matrix had to recharge.

Of course, Optimus Prime comes back from the dead and what does he do? Rush off to scrifice himself again. It never ends...

Daniel's more annoying in Japan than in America... At least Wheelie's not rhyming.

I guess Six Shot is going to be a main character in this show?

If the Autobots are smart enough to figure out the location of the matrix, aren't the Decepticons, too?

Hot Rod's able to stop the Predacons from turning into Predaking by simply driving through the middle while they connect? Why don't they do that every time?

Well there's Menasaur coming out of nowhere.

Soundwave and Blaster are just standing still shooting at each other... and their lasers are just bouncing off each other...

So they can't hurt each other with lasers, but a simple punch in the chest works?

(soundwave loses an arm and then charges at Blaster) Me: It's just a flesh wound!

I must admit, that was a pretty epic fight between Soundwave and Blaster once they stopped using their guns...

NO! SOUNDWAVE!
Galvatron's not too happy about it either...

Poor cassettes...
Who apparently can talk...

Laserbeak comes back for Soundwave's head
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 am

Wing Saber wrote:Ah, so Kup knows Cerebros?
GAAAAAAAAH! His name is "Fortress". "Cerebros" is the name of his even smaller Headmaster form. Takara created a new character from the Fort Max toy when they made this show, yet Hasbro was apparently too dumb to notice that when doing these subtitles for Shout! Factory (especially since these subs were taken straight from the UK DVDs, which did get the names right by calling him "Fortress"). Curse you, Hasbro. :x :evil:

Wing Saber wrote:Interesting backstory for the Headmasters. I like it better than the English Season 4 story. Kind of reminds me of the backstory of the Omnicons from Energon
How so?

Wing Saber wrote:Ah, so I guess this is where Transformers Prime got the idea to make Alpha Trion a ghost-like thing
Doubtful since it's common to make dead guys into ghosts and, based on questions I asked the Prime creators back at BotCon 2011, they seemed to have little-to-no knowledge of the Japanese-only shows, which is kind of a shame.

Wing Saber wrote:And... he's the original leader of the Autobots according to the narrarator...
What? What! HASBROOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wing Saber wrote:I wasn't aware the matrix had to recharge.
That's Japanese continuity for ya. :P

Wing Saber wrote:Of course, Optimus Prime comes back from the dead and what does he do? Rush off to scrifice himself again. It never ends...
Yeah, unlike America, Japan wasn't at as much a loss over Rodimus replacing him, so Hasbro's bringing him back at the end of season 3 kinda put a spanner into Takara's promoting new toys when an old one was just brought back. ;)

Wing Saber wrote:Daniel's more annoying in Japan than in America... At least Wheelie's not rhyming.

...Yep.

Wheelie's now more like a punk, while Daniel now acts like half his age (almost like a Kindergartner instead of a 10-year-old). :roll:

Wing Saber wrote:NO! SOUNDWAVE!
Galvatron's not too happy about it either...
In the bad English dub, they changed it from Galvatron solemnly speaking his name and yelling in outrage to... this:

Wing Saber wrote:Poor cassettes...
Who apparently can talk...
The Japanese dub of the first G1 show also had them speaking. Though, to be partly fair, Ravage did speak at least once way back in episode 3 of G1. ;)

Also, note that these subs don't call them "Cassettes" like they're supposed to. Hasbro made another dumb decision by calling them "Deployers" (a term that wouldn't exist until 13 years later). :roll:

Also, one more thing to note is that the DVD set of The Headmasters (not just Shout! Factory's, but even those of the UK and Australia) has every episode missing footage. Each episode originally had something that played at the very beginning before the title card (which were especially important for episodes 1 and 25), at the very end, and also had commercial bumpers, all of which are missing from every Western DVD release of this show, thanks to Toei screwing over all three companies with incomplete video masters. :roll: But, the DVDs for Masterforce and Victory, however, did thankfully have no missing footage, which is sad the same can't be said for The Headmasters after the three times it's been released to English-speaking audiences.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:42 pm

Quoting isn't working right on my computer right now for some reason, so I'll improvise

Cerebros/Fortress: Yeah, that's not so bad though. It's not uncommon they change a name between languages. After all, it also uses the names Optimus Prime rather than Convoy, Autobots rather than Cybertrons, and Decepticons rather than Destrons.

Headmaster/Omnicon: Because (if I rememebr correctly) the Omnicons left Cybertron during the war to form their own peaceful civillization.

Galvatron on Soundwave's death: That... that is hillarious!

Cassettes/Deployers: That one's not so bad either. It's the same concept, just with a different name. It's not like they named them "Vehicons" or something that makes no sense like that.

Missing footage: Oh, well that's unfotunate...
Wing Saber

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:09 pm

I think you're confusing omnicons with minicons
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Cerebros/Fortress: Yeah, that's not so bad though. It's not uncommon they change a name between languages. After all, it also uses the names Optimus Prime rather than Convoy, Autobots rather than Cybertrons, and Decepticons rather than Destrons.
But they didn't just change the names, they changed the character. When the UK and Australian DVDs came out, both of them used the English names for just the characters in The Headmasters except for Fortress, since he was a Japanese-original guy just made from the same toy.

What's more is that the subtitles of the Shout! Factory DVDs were taken directly from the UK DVDs, so instead of just leaving them as they were, Hasbro Americanized them even further than necessary, even rewriting some lines of text to say things that differe from what's being spoken on screen.

Wing Saber wrote:Headmaster/Omnicon: Because (if I rememebr correctly) the Omnicons left Cybertron during the war to form their own peaceful civillization.
That sounds more like what happened to the Mini-Cons after Armada. The Energon cartoon didn't give an origin to the Omnicons, but the original intended origin story for them (which the comics did use) was that they were Mini-Cons who evolved into bigger Transformers.

Wing Saber wrote:Galvatron on Soundwave's death: That... that is hillarious!
And the whole show's dub was just like that, with bad voices, bad acting, wrong names (i.e. - Blurr was "Wally", Spike was "Sparkle", Raiden was "The Robot Train", etc.). :lol:

Wing Saber wrote:Cassettes/Deployers: That one's not so bad either. It's the same concept, just with a different name. It's not like they named them "Vehicons" or something that makes no sense like that.
The thing is, the name doesn't exist in Japanese continuity, which is what these are supposed to be.

Wing Saber wrote:Missing footage: Oh, well that's unfotunate...
There is an alternative. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:21 am

Sabrblade wrote:There is an alternative. ;)

And that is?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:01 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:There is an alternative. ;)

And that is?
I'll elaborate in a PM. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: Beast Wars

Postby OptimusPhillip » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:35 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Episode 40 - 'Optimal Situation'
Ok, when Prime's spark was in Primal's body, who was in control, Primal or Prime?
Primal. Prime's spark was still unconscious.

Also do note that that wasn't supposed to be the Matrix of Leadership housing Prime's spark, but was meant to be just a spark container. The animators just looked to the G1 movie for inspiration for the design of the inside of Prime's chest and used the look of the Matrix for the spark container's design, not knowing the actual importance of the object that they were mimicking.

Some people (myself included) also choose to believe that his spark was in that thing because it joined the Matrix. Just another theory
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Previous

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion