Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Wing Saber's TF series viewings

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Wing Saber's TF series viewings

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:37 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Man... they really milked G1 as much as they could, didn't they?
and that doesn't even count the Japanese stuff.

...Speaking of which, I've got something else to share with ya. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:40 pm

:o WOW! :grin:

That was pretty great info.! The footage of Tommy/Optimus was very cool, I don't think I ever saw it...but I wish I had!

I don't remember G2 at all, either. :(

Thanks, man! :D
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:43 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Man... they really milked G1 as much as they could, didn't they?
and that doesn't even count the Japanese stuff.

...Speaking of which, I've got something else to share with ya. ;)

Dude, bring the goods!
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:12 pm

In 1986, while the Western World got the G1 movie between seasons 2 and 3, the Japanese, however, didn't get the movie until 1989, leaving a rather empty amount of space between the Japanese dub of seasons 1 and 2 and the Japanese dub of season 3. To try to fill in some blanks, the Japanese created a special direct-to-video episode titled "Scramble City Hatsudō Hen" (Scramble City: Mobilization).

Chronologically speaking, it takes place after the Japanese dub of season 2 and before the Japanese dub of the G1 movie. It tells of the creation of Metroplex with a surprise revelation at the end, but it mostly focuses on the various Combiner teams.

The following videos are subtitled in English, but sadly aren't quite as accurate as they could be, meaning some things are mistranslated, but you still get the gist of the dialogue. And all English names are used in the subs, despite the fact that you can clearly here different names being spoken by the characters (i.e. - you can hear "Convoy", "Cybertron", "Destron", etc. spoken aloud when the subs say "Optimus Prime", "Autobot", "Decepticon", etc.).

Pardon the bluish tint of the colors.

And there's at least one more thing I got for ya. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:43 pm

After watching the G1 Movie again... I don't see how a mere plasma bath made Galvatron that insane... there's no way.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:26 am

Did you watch the last two videos I showed ya above? I got at least one more thing for ya. ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:46 am

Wing Saber wrote:After watching the G1 Movie again... I don't see how a mere plasma bath made Galvatron that insane... there's no way.

If you were as powerful as galvatron was and were defeated by hot rod you would probably go insane as well.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:17 am

cyberwuss wrote:If you were as powerful as galvatron was and were defeated by hot rod you would probably go insane as well.

hey i take offence to that
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:35 pm

You there, Wing Saber?

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Sabrblade wrote:You there, Wing Saber?

I am!
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion