Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Wing Saber's TF series viewings

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Wing Saber's TF series viewings

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:44 pm

So, I'm finally getting around to watching Beast Wars, the show I've heard so much about (mostly from Sabrblade), and since I had already seen episodes 1-11, I started today at episode 12 - Victory.
Episode 12 - 'Victory'
When did Rattrap plant that camera?
If the Predacons were really alive, what was that thing Cheetor was holding that looked like Turantulas' legs?
How did they really survive that explosion?
The superman-style ending with Optimus stopping the ship was very cheesy

EDIT:
Episode 13 - 'Dark Design'
How did they not notice all those Predicons hanging from those rocks until they fired the shot? and why did the Predicons wait until the Maximals weren't distracted to shoot at them?
Nice plan Rhinox!
Did Rhinox have that silver on his face before, or is that an effect of the machine?
Skorponok was flattened like a pancake! go rhinox! :mrgreen:
Bam! Rhinox went wrecking ball on Waspinator! once again, go rhinox! :mrgreen:
Did waspy just say "Destroy all autobots"?
Shrapnel? How did that happen? actually, wouldnt Shrapnel and the other insecticons be on Earth around this time? they were supposed to have landed when the autobot and decepticon ships crashed!
Pterodactyl hot wings? those woud be big. I bet they would taste like chikcen
Rhinox wins. Rhinox ALWAYS wins. go rhinox! :mrgreen:
Waspy: "more than meets the eye!" :lol:
Wing Saber

Re: Beast Wars

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:38 am

Glad you're getting into it more.

Wing Saber wrote:When did Rattrap plant that camera?
He must have done this at some point off screen. For plot convenience. Without it, the episode would not have commenced.

Wing Saber wrote:If the Predacons were really alive, what was that thing Cheetor was holding that looked like Turantulas' legs?
A spare part of Tarantulas. Spare parts such as these legs become quite common in this series, what with these characters constantly being repaired in the CR Chambers and CR Tanks.

Wing Saber wrote:How did they really survive that explosion?
Since it was a hoax, it probably wasn't as big an explosion as the Preds made it appear as it did. Remember, this Megatron is a genius, so pulling off this kind of scam shouldn't be too difficult for him.

Wing Saber wrote:The superman-style ending with Optimus stopping the ship was very cheesy
Yes it was. But it was the 90's. :grin:

Besides, they played John Williams-esque music, and any music by John Williams is epic. 8-)

Wing Saber wrote:How did they not notice all those Predicons hanging from those rocks until they fired the shot? and why did the Predicons wait until the Maximals weren't distracted to shoot at them?
How do we know that they were there the whole time? The Preds could have just arrived there shortly immediately before the shot was fired.

Wing Saber wrote:Did Rhinox have that silver on his face before, or is that an effect of the machine?
Nah, he had gold on his head before (except for where the silver wraps around his eyes, that's new)

Wing Saber wrote:Did waspy just say "Destroy all autobots"?
Shrapnel? How did that happen? actually, wouldnt Shrapnel and the other insecticons be on Earth around this time? they were supposed to have landed when the autobot and decepticon ships crashed!
Waspy got bonked on the head and thought he was Shrapnel, who he'd know of from Cybertronian history. don't forget, these Maximals and Predacons hail form 300 years into the future.

Wing Saber wrote:Waspy: "more than meets the eye!" :lol:
And "Wacko? NO!! Wonko! Wonko the Sane!!" - reference the real life TF fan Benson "Ben" Yee, whose online screenname at the time was (and still is) "Wonko the Sane" (named after a character in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books). He frequently conversed with Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio as the series aired, and even acted as a Story Consultant for one of the episodes of the series.

Ben Yee wasn't the only fan to get a shout-out like this in Beast Wars. Several other knowledgeable fans who were part of the online TF community of the time, alt.toys.transformers, got references of their own put into the Beast Wars cartoon.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:52 am

Episode 14 - 'Double Dinobot'
I have only one thing to say about this episode: Dinobot, you're disgusting.
Wing Saber

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:40 pm

Man, and I thought I was critical, but Wing Saber puts my criticism to shame, lol.

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:The superman-style ending with Optimus stopping the ship was very cheesy
Yes it was. But it was the 90's. :grin:

Besides, they played John Williams-esque music, and any music by John Williams is epic. 8-)

It's actually not cheesy as it's an homage to the cheesiness of those Superman-style endings, lol. Mainframe was really into making references to pop culture. If you've ever seen ReBoot, every episode is pretty much referrencing something else (typically videogames). You'll soon see (without giving anything away) that Beast Wars makes references Terminator (even having the character donning sunglasses 8-) ) and Looney Toons. Beast Machines later referrenced Pokemon, as well.
TriPredRavage

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:53 pm

Episodes 15-17, 'The Spark', 'the Trigger Part 1', and 'The Trigger Part 2'
1. Rhinox is very wise, and likes his plant
2. Airrazor has done absolutly nothing helpful, and almost killed Cheetor and Rhinox
3. Tigatron is so peaceful that he loves the giant weponized floating island that's trying to kill him and his friends
4. Waspinator and Terrorsaur are idiots
5. Blackarachnia is crazy
6. why are there so many floating islands and two moons?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:03 pm

Wing Saber wrote:2. Airrazor has done absolutly nothing helpful, and almost killed Cheetor and Rhinox
Wait, what? She kicked Terrorsaur's skidplate, matching him as the Maximal's new avian soldier.

Rhinox and Cheetor were willing to undergo those risks to keep her Protoform form dying. They were valiant and noble in what they did, and she returned the favor by taking out Terrorsaur.

Wing Saber wrote:3. Tigatron is so peaceful that he loves the giant weponized floating island that's trying to kill him and his friends
Hello? The Preds were mostly instigating its defenses. Those traps were set up to deal with invaders. At times, it mistook Tigatron as a threat and he soon realized this. When he attempted to make peace with the island, the Preds completely ruined any and all of that by wanting the island's power for themselves. Brigadoon isn't the enemy, the Preds just made it be used as such.

Wing Saber wrote:4. Waspinator and Terrorsaur are idiots
They're comic relief. You know, like Armada Cyclonus.

Wing Saber wrote:5. Blackarachnia is crazy
Megalomania is a common trait of villains in possession of such power.

Wing Saber wrote:6. why are there so many floating islands and two moons?
Where'd you see more than one floating island?

About the two moons, you'll see. ;) That's a surprise.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:30 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

i think he means the floating mountian in the episode where terrasaur goes power hungry
ironrod prime

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

I assume that he's referring to the floating mountain of energon in Power Surge.

And, yes, all will be explained... Unfortunately, you've had 15 years to be given spoilers, so you don't really have the pleasure of experiencing it as it develops. So, you may already know some stuff going in, like when you mentioned the Insecticons already being on the planet at that time. I think you already know more than you should for where you are in the series. :/
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:44 pm

ironrod prime wrote:i think he means the floating mountian in the episode where terrasaur goes power hungry
TriPredRavage wrote:I assume that he's referring to the floating mountain of energon in Power Surge.
If so, then that's a different case from Brigadoon (the Floating Island). IIRC, that was just a mountain lifted off the ground by a great concentration of raw energon.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:17 pm

Sabrblade wrote:If so, then that's a different case from Brigadoon (the Floating Island). IIRC, that was just a mountain lifted off the ground by a great concentration of raw energon.

You are correct.
TriPredRavage

Next

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion