Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Wing Saber's TF series viewings

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Beast Wars

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:53 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:2. Airrazor has done absolutly nothing helpful, and almost killed Cheetor and Rhinox
Wait, what? She kicked Terrorsaur's skidplate, matching him as the Maximal's new avian soldier.

The only reason he was there in the first place was because he was trying to get to her
Sabrblade wrote:4. Waspinator and Terrorsaur are idiots
They're comic relief. You know, like Armada Cyclonus.[/quote]
I know! :lol: but theyre still idiots! :mrgreen:
TriPredRavage wrote: like when you mentioned the Insecticons already being on the planet at that time. I think you already know more than you should for where you are in the series. :/

I know that from the Generation 1 Cartoon

Episode 18 'Spider's Game'
1. What's with Turanchulas' obsession with Spider bots?
2. Turanchulas' space ship plan has to do with that signal, doesn't it?
3.Dang! Inferno is huge!
4. Is it just me, or are there weird robo-romances going on between turanchulas/blackarachnia and tigertron/airrazor?
Wing Saber

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Episode 18 'Spider's Game'

He thinks that spider-themed transformers will be more loyal to him than Megatron.
Wing Saber wrote:2. Turanchulas' space ship plan has to do with that signal, doesn't it?

You mean the signal at the end of The Trigger? Yes.
Wing Saber wrote:4. Is it just me, or are there weird robo-romances going on between turanchulas/blackarachnia and tigertron/airrazor?

Is there something wrong with that? Animated had Robo-romance, too. And you'd best get used to it. There's some serious robo-romance to come in season 2!
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:02 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Episode 18 'Spider's Game'

He thinks that spider-themed transformers will be more loyal to him than Megatron.
Wing Saber wrote:2. Turanchulas' space ship plan has to do with that signal, doesn't it?

You mean the signal at the end of The Trigger? Yes.
Wing Saber wrote:4. Is it just me, or are there weird robo-romances going on between turanchulas/blackarachnia and tigertron/airrazor?

Is there something wrong with that? Animated had Robo-romance, too. And you'd best get used to it. There's some serious robo-romance to come in season 2!
Easy on the spoilers there, TPR. This is his first viewing of Beast Wars.

Keep the future info on the down-low for Wing Saber. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:09 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Easy on the spoilers there, TPR. This is his first viewing of Beast Wars.

Keep the future info on the down-low for Wing Saber. ;)

I didn't give any spoilers, and I know it's his first viewing.
TriPredRavage

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Episode 19 - 'Call of the Wild'
This episode really was a beast war! :lol:
woo! airrazor broke the sound barrier!
Megatron claims that he studied Maximal components and found out that this would happen, so a) where did he get them? b) why does it affect Dinobot?
Is it just me, or is Megatron always plotting while Optimus sits on his butt and waits to be attacked?
Wing Saber

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:33 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Is it just me, or is Megatron always plotting while Optimus sits on his butt and waits to be attacked?

Like Sabrblade said, this Megatron is a genius. :lol: Makes sense, though, really. Megs is in it for conquest. Optimus is in it for peace.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:02 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Megatron claims that he studied Maximal components and found out that this would happen, so a) where did he get them? b) why does it affect Dinobot?
He did off screen. Remember, this show isn't serialized. Not everything done is shown on screen. In fact, I don't think there's ever been been serialized TF series. Or at least, no hyper-serialized (in that each episode begins immediately where the previous one ended and ends where the next one immediately begins) TF series.

As for it affecting Dinobot, that is indeed a continuity error. One of this series' most noticeable, in fact. Though, that really isn't saying much, seeing as it's a minor quibble compared to more blatant errors made in other series. :roll:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Sabrblade wrote:As for it affecting Dinobot, that is indeed a continuity error. One of this series' most noticeable, in fact. Though, that really isn't saying much, seeing as it's a minor quibble compared to more blatant errors made in other series. :roll:

I actually don't think it's that bad of an error, honestly. Afterall, Dinobot does say in episode 2 that he's "reprogrammed [his] activation code." So, he clearly altered some of his programming to Maximal programming. There's really nothing to say that it wouldn't have affected this. But, like Sabr said, this is a super tiny nitpick in comparison to some of the continuity errors in, say, Transformers: Cybertron. :roll:

Btw, there's an homage to Indiana Jones in this episode, as well.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:57 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:As for it affecting Dinobot, that is indeed a continuity error. One of this series' most noticeable, in fact. Though, that really isn't saying much, seeing as it's a minor quibble compared to more blatant errors made in other series. :roll:

I actually don't think it's that bad of an error, honestly. Afterall, Dinobot does say in episode 2 that he's "reprogrammed [his] activation code." So, he clearly altered some of his programming to Maximal programming. There's really nothing to say that it wouldn't have affected this. But, like Sabr said, this is a super tiny nitpick in comparison to some of the continuity errors in, say, Transformers: Cybertron. :roll:

Btw, there's an homage to Indiana Jones in this episode, as well.
Oh, dude, Cybertron is probably the least erroneous of the Trilogy. There were even times where its dub actually improved on the original material, offering explanations to try and make some semblance of sense out many of Galaxy Force's nonsensical moments. It even tried (aand at times, succeeded) to make sense out of its many "Burning Justice" moments.

But, to get back on topic, I gotta say it, Wing Saber. You are flying through these episodes! You remind me of... well, me when I too would watch entire seasons of series so swiftly. 8-)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Oh, dude, Cybertron is probably the least erroneous of the Trilogy. There were even times where its dub actually improved on the original material, offering explanations to try and make some semblance of sense out many of Galaxy Force's nonsensical moments. It even tried (aand at times, succeeded) to make sense out of its many "Burning Justice" moments.

But, to get back on topic, I gotta say it, Wing Saber. You are flying through these episodes! You remind me of... well, me when I too would watch entire seasons of series so swiftly. 8-)
Lol, oh God, the Burning Justice moments. :lol:

It's funny to me that this topic really flared up today, seeing as on a whim I decided to start rewatching Beast Wars season 2 this morning (specifically because I'm picking apart all of the stupidity-erm... I mean... continuity errors-that were written into Beast Wars: The Gathering and Beast Wars: The Ascending). Fun stuff, guys. Fun stuff.
TriPredRavage

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion