Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Wing Saber's TF series viewings

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Wing Saber's TF series viewings

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:45 am

Sabrblade wrote:Yes and no. Season 3 is notorious for having both the best and worst animated episodes of G1. Though, FFoD and one other episode are probably the lowest points in animation of season 3, so the rest should still have animation not quite as bad as these ones. And, there are those few brilliantly animated ones to look forward to. ;)

Well, at least they won't be as bad as FFoD
FFoD is a lot like Energon... Great ideas and plot... executed horribly
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:50 am

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Yes and no. Season 3 is notorious for having both the best and worst animated episodes of G1. Though, FFoD and one other episode are probably the lowest points in animation of season 3, so the rest should still have animation not quite as bad as these ones. And, there are those few brilliantly animated ones to look forward to. ;)

Well, at least they won't be as bad as FFoD
FFoD is a lot like Energon... Great ideas and plot... executed horribly
Yeah, it's a mixed bag. But there are some much better episodes (story-wise) to come. Season 3 is also known for having some of the best stories of G1 as well.

How far are you into FFoD?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:54 am

Sabrblade wrote:How far are you into FFoD?

finished it. I would be posting on here for each episode like I normally do, but since I'm not watching them on the computer it complicates things
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:07 am

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:How far are you into FFoD?

finished it. I would be posting on here for each episode like I normally do, but since I'm not watching them on the computer it complicates things
Since Dark Awakening has two ending versions, how will this one be watched?

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:40 am

Sabrblade wrote:Since Dark Awakening has two ending versions, how will this one be watched?

I'll watch it on youtube in both places you put it

Also, just finished Killing Jar
Not as bad as FFoD. still noticed some errors, but not that bad.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:52 am

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Since Dark Awakening has two ending versions, how will this one be watched?

I'll watch it on youtube in both places you put it
Cool. Though, I have a hunch that the Hub is airing the first ending version if they're using the Shout! Factory DVDs to air these episodes. But, without seeing it myself, I can't say for sure.

Wing Saber wrote:Also, just finished Killing Jar
Not as bad as FFoD. still noticed some errors, but not that bad.
For this season, expect animation errors. It was the 1980s and it was done by a so-so animation company called AKOM, who only did about three episodes of season 2 (the rest were handled by the higher quality group Toei Animation).

As for "The Killing Jar", twas interesting seeing one that focused primarily on the second-in-commands of both factions instead of the leaders. :smile:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:10 pm

Sabrblade wrote:twas interesting seeing one that focused primarily on the second-in-commands of both factions instead of the leaders. :smile:

indeed
and was I the only one who noticed this similarity??
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 pm

Ha! Never thought of that!

Only thing that came to mind when I saw Roadbuster Ultra Magnus was, well, G1 Roadbuster.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:44 pm

you guys do realize that cyclonus is the one rockin the roadbuster color scheme right
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Just finished G1, I like it, despite the animation errors! Though, the ending seemed very rushed!

SKY LYNX FOREVER!!!
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion