Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Wing Saber's TF series viewings

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Wing Saber's TF series viewings

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:03 am

Wing Saber wrote:Just finished G1, I like it, despite the animation errors! Though, the ending seemed very rushed!

SKY LYNX FOREVER!!!
Awesome. Bet you enjoyed "Call of the Primitives". ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:01 pm

funny you should mention that i just saw that episode last night on the hub
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Bet you enjoyed "Call of the Primitives". ;)

When in doubt, ask yourself 'What would Sky Lynx do?' and you won't go far wrong!
Wing Saber

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Heh. I was watching last night, too.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:51 pm

Now let me see, was there something i was gonna show you after you finished G1? Hmm... ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Now let me see, was there something i was gonna show you after you finished G1? Hmm... ;)

Indeed there was
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Now let me see, was there something i was gonna show you after you finished G1? Hmm... ;)

Indeed there was
Alrighty then.

After the three-part episode of season 4 ended, turns out there was a "season 5" of G1 made later. In 1988, the G1 cartoon continued with a sort of "best of" season of select old episodes (and the G1 movie split into five parts) rerun with a brand new intro sequence, end credits, and new material added to the beginning and ending of each episode.

This new material consisted of live action footage featuring an animatronic "puppet" of Powermaster Optimus Prime telling stories of the various adventures the Transformers have had (which take the form of the actual episodes themselves) to a young human boy named Tommy Kennedy, who often had homework assignments for which he would use these stories Prime told him as source material.

The specific episodes that were rerun during the course of season 5 were the following:
    "More than Meets the Eye, Part 1"
    "More than Meets the Eye, Part 2"
    "More than Meets the Eye, Part 3"
    The Transformers: The Movie (Day 1)
    The Transformers: The Movie (Day 2)
    The Transformers: The Movie (Day 3)
    The Transformers: The Movie (Day 4)
    The Transformers: The Movie (Day 5)
    "Five Faces of Darkness, Part 1"
    "Five Faces of Darkness, Part 2"
    "Five Faces of Darkness, Part 3"
    "Five Faces of Darkness, Part 4"
    "Five Faces of Darkness, Part 5"
    "Surprise Party"
    "Dark Awakening"
    "The Return of Optimus Prime, Part 1"
    "The Return of Optimus Prime, Part 2"
    "The Rebirth, Part 1"
    "The Rebirth, Part 2"
    "The Rebirth, Part 3"

Surviving footage of this season is sparse, but some of it still survives.

Here's the season 5 opening, and first few minutes of the "Five Faces of Darkness, Part 1" rerun with new narration from Optimus.

Better version here - http://www.retrojunk.com/tv/videos/10-the-transformers/2990/#intro

Here's the end of the same episode and the closing credits.
http://www.retrojunk.com/tv/videos/10-the-transformers/3018/#intro

On the fifth part of the G1 movie, since it was such a short part, they added a special music video of Stan Bush performing "The Touch". Supreme Convoy of Seibertron.com made it available for people to see, along with some more footage of Tommy and Optimus. I mention both him and that site due to the inclusion of the logos in this video.

If you're curious about the rest of the new Tommy/Optimus sequences for each episode, long time TF fan Zobovor has made transcripts of the dialogue between the two added to each episode (minus a few that Zob's missing). Those can be read here - http://zobovor.tripod.com/edits.html#Fifth%20Season

I've more to show ya, but I"ll let you take in this stuff for now.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:48 pm

Sabrblade wrote:I've more to show ya, but I"ll let you take in this stuff for now.

Bring it on!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:04 pm

In the early 90s, the G1 cartoon was rerun again with two seasons of many random episodes, re-titled under the name "Transformers: Generation 2". These episodes were littered with all new CGI special effects "through the magic of the Cybernet Space Cube" that were very distracting and overall pretty tacky-looking.

The show also got a new CG opening sequence and an energetic new narrator. The opening featured G2 Optimus Prime fighting G2 Ramjet.

More detailed info for this show can be found here. ;)

And the commercials... oh dear, the commercials! Man, the 90s Nineties may have had their high points and their low points, but these commercials weren't the former. :lol: Just go look about through here and see what I mean (just look at the Aerialbots/Combaticons commercial, for example).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:29 pm

Sabrblade wrote:In the early 90s, the G1 cartoon was rerun again with two seasons of many random episodes, re-titled under the name "Transformers: Generation 2". These episodes were littered with all new CGI special effects "through the magic of the Cybernet Space Cube" that were very distracting and overall pretty tacky-looking.

The show also got a new CG opening sequence and an energetic new narrator. The opening featured G2 Optimus Prime fighting G2 Ramjet.

Man... they really milked G1 as much as they could, didn't they?
Sabrblade wrote:And the commercials... oh dear, the commercials! Man, the 90s Nineties may have had their high points and their low points, but these commercials weren't the former. :lol: Just go look about through here and see what I mean (just look at the Aerialbots/Combaticons commercial, for example).

I agree, kid! That was brutal!
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion