Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Wing Saber's TF series viewings

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Beast Wars

Postby Wing Saber » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Episode 25 - 'Other Voices Part 1'
Odd episode
What did that thing mean, "same speciman we scanned before"?
"That's no moon... that's a space station!"
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:05 am

Wing Saber wrote:What did that thing mean, "same speciman we scanned before"?
Episode 5 "Chain of Command". Remember?
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:09 am

Sabrblade wrote:Episode 5 "Chain of Command". Remember?

Sorry, No I don't remember, I haven't watched that one since like last summer. I'll go to tfwiki and look it up
Wing Saber

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:40 am

Episode 26 - 'Other Voices Part 2'
They killed Optimus. what a horrid season finale.
Ok, due to the request of Sabrblade, I will now give my season review.
It was decent, they gave hints to the plot along the way, but didn't just dive right into it
So now I'm going to review the season 1 characters
Maximals -
Optimus Primal
Can be smart and brave at times, but it seems like until the last few episodes he just sits on his butt and waits to be attacked

Rhinox
Wise, strong, and crazy (At one point). Definatly the best maximal of the starting cast!

Rattrap
Gets very annoying at times, but provides a nice comic releif at others

Cheetor
Really didn't play that big of a role, not much to say about him

Tigatron
Wise, strong, and awesome! My favorite maximal yet!

Dinobot
Honorable, violent, and distgusting (double dinobot referance). Without him the maximals wouldnt be as interesting

airazor
pretty much served as a scout/transport for rattrap for the entire season after her debut

Predacons-
Megatron
very smart and cunning, though his constant "yesss" can get annoying

Scorponok
the loyal warrior, served as megatrons suck up the entire season

turantulas
The mad scientist, treacherous, awesome, spider bot. Is in a tie with Waspinator for my favorite Predacon

Terrorsaur
Was pretty much just the Skywarp of Season 1 (The loyal flyer)

Waspinator
The funny, clumsy, gets-blown-up-a-lot wasp. Definatly the funniest character of the show! in a tie with Turantulas for my favorite Predacon!

Blackarachnia
The treacherous, flirty (with turantulas), creepy, spider bot. pretty much you're average Transformers stalker.

Inferno
The crazy, loyal, arsenist, ant! him and waspinator would make a great team! :lol:

And that pretty much sums it up!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:15 am

Wing Saber wrote:They killed Optimus. what a horrid season finale.
:shock: Wow, there is no pleasing some people, is there? :roll:

They did that so as to keep ya wondering what's gonna happen next.

Wing Saber wrote:It was decent, they gave hints to the plot along the way, but didn't just dive right into it
What they didn't focus on plot-wise was given to time of character development and build up. Unlike most other seires, they weren't confined to selling toys, but instead spent their time telling a story and exploring the characters' personalities.

Wing Saber wrote:Optimus Primal
Can be smart and brave at times, but it seems like until the last few episodes he just sits on his butt and waits to be attacked
As if they have the resources to launch their own attack on the Preds'. As seen in the episode with Starscream, attacking the Preds' base is suicide.

Wing Saber wrote:Rattrap
Gets very annoying at times, but provides a nice comic releif at others
:lol: He's quite a character all on his own. His sarcastic, streetwise personality really brought some flavor to the Maximals.

Wing Saber wrote:Cheetor
Really didn't play that big of a role, not much to say about him
He did in the earlier episodes. He was the main character for about the first four episodes and had a bunch of prophetic dream sequences throughout the series.

Wing Saber wrote:Dinobot
Honorable, violent, and distgusting (double dinobot referance). Without him the maximals wouldnt be as interesting
Just wait till you see this guy in season 2. ;)

Wing Saber wrote:airazor
pretty much served as a scout/transport for rattrap for the entire season after her debut
Yeah, she's my least favorite of the Maximals. Not that I don't like her, I just like everyone else better.

Wing Saber wrote:Predacons-
Megatron
very smart and cunning, though his constant "yesss" can get annoying
Oh, have I got a video to show you after you finish this series all the way through. ;)

Wing Saber wrote:Terrorsaur
Was pretty much just the Skywarp of Season 1 (The loyal flyer)
Skywarp? You mean Starscream, man. Terrorsaur tried to overthrow Megs every chance he got (though those chances were far and few, still, and not as numerous as those given to an actual Starscream ,but still evident).

Wing Saber wrote:Blackarachnia
The treacherous, flirty (with turantulas), creepy, spider bot. pretty much you're average Transformers stalker.
She only flirted with him to get information out of him. Between her and Airazor, BA is the better fembot.

Wing Saber wrote:And that pretty much sums it up!
Right! Onward to season 2!

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:52 am

TriPredRavage wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Haha really? they sound nothing like each other!
Scott McNeil voices Rattrap, Dinobot, Waspinator, another character to come in season 2, Armada/Energon Jetfire, Energon Strongarm, Energon Omega Supreme, Cybertron Snarl, Cybertron Backstop, and a few background voices.
Y'know, it's funny; because I've researched voice acting so much, and because I'm pursuing voice acting myself, when I hear voice actors play multiple roles, I actually don't hear the characters anymore. I hear the voice actor. So, in Beast Wars, when Dinobot says something, and then Rattrap says something, and then Waspinator says something, I don't hear it like 'Dinobot, Rattrap, Waspinator,' I hear it like 'Scott McNeil, Scott McNeil, Scott McNeil.' I'm not going to lie, it really takes away from the performances sometimes, because, to me, everybody sounds the same. :/

Scott McNeil was also the voice of Cybertron Buzzsaw. Which, was one of my favorite cameos in Cybertron because it was an homage to Beast Wars. (Which, is kind of cool when you figure that Cybertron Buzzsaw was based on Beast Wars Buzzsaw, who was a repaint of Waspinator, who was voiced by Scott McNeil! Crazy stuff!! XD)

i assume your refering to the velocitron resident and not the gigantion invader
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:59 am

ironrod prime wrote:i assume your refering to the velocitron resident and not the gigantion invader
Yeah, that's who he was (incorrectly, but understandably) referring to: the yellow helicopter announcer.

Though, what Buzzsaw are you referring to? The birds? Those were Laserbeak (Killer Condor) drones.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Episode 27 - 'Aftermath'
Woah those new bodies are pretty cool, but why did they kill off Terrorsaur and Scorponok? that was pretty pointless!
way to wreck shop Rhinox!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Episode 27 - 'Aftermath'
Woah those new bodies are pretty cool, but why did they kill off Terrorsaur and Scorponok? that was pretty pointless!
It was originally supposed to be Waspinator to be killed off. but he was so popular that Terrorsaur got axed instead.

However, should they have needed to bring them back, the writers had Terrorsaur and Scorponok becoming Transmetals too as they fell into the lava. But sadly, that's the last we ever see of them again. :roll:

As for the reason why anyone had to die, the show was limited to using a certain amount of character models at the time and had to remove some existing characters in order to bring in new ones. In other words, new characters are coming this season. :D

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Episode 27 - 'Aftermath'
It was originally supposed to be Waspinator to be killed off. but he was so popular that Terrorsaur got axed instead.

However, should they have needed to bring them back, the writers had Terrorsaur and Scorponok becoming Transmetals too as they fell into the lava. But sadly, that's the last we ever see of them again. :roll:

As for the reason why anyone had to die, the show was limited to using a certain amount of character models at the time and had to remove some existing characters in order to bring in new ones. In other words, new characters are coming this season. :D

1. Well at least waspy is still here!
2. but wait, I thought I saw a transmetal Scorponok in the theme song?
3.yes! I very much enjoy new characters!
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion