Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Wing Saber's TF series viewings

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Beast Wars

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Wing Saber wrote:2. but wait, I thought I saw a transmetal Scorponok in the theme song?
You'll soon see what that thing's about. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:20 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:2. but wait, I thought I saw a transmetal Scorponok in the theme song?

alrighty! time for episode 28!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

alrighty! time for episode 28!
Good man. Go for it!

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Episode 28 - "Coming of the Fuzors Part 1'
I have only one thing to say about this episode... the end is amazing!
Wing Saber

Postby TriPredRavage » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:05 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Episode 28 - "Coming of the Fuzors Part 1'
I have only one thing to say about this episode... the end is amazing!
Back in 1997, when this episode was new, Hasbro released two figures (in America, there were two different figures released in Europe) that came with a VHS of the episodes "Aftermath" and "Coming of the Fuzors Part 1" (if the figures in Europe came with different episodes, I'm not sure). KB Toys also then gave away copies of the VHS on any purchase of a Beast Wars figure $9.99 or more. Back in those days, the internet wasn't particularly awesome, and not everybody had Cartoon Network, so the only time seasons 2 and 3 aired was on Sunday mornings on the WB. (Season 1 had played on television weekday mornings along with ReBoot, but the later seasons didn't.)

I was DYING to know what happened next, but I missed Coming of the Fuzors Part 2. It honestly wasn't until season 3 had completed and Beast Wars was replaying on Fox Kids that I finally saw Part 2. And go figure, Part 2 is honestly one of my favorite episodes in the entire series.

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:i assume your refering to the velocitron resident and not the gigantion invader
Yeah, that's who he was (incorrectly, but understandably) referring to: the yellow helicopter announcer.

Though, what Buzzsaw are you referring to? The birds? Those were Laserbeak (Killer Condor) drones.
Sabr, you know as well as I do that that was an online exclusive story published by the Collector's Club post the series production. It doesn't discredit the character on Velocitron being Buzzsaw at all, as the Collector's Club story used characters that it believed never appeared in the series, like Ultra Magnus and Cannonball. Further, Buzzsaw was released in Japan with Blurr who was a Velocitron resident. I'm sorry, but to think that the transformer who appears on Velocitron isn't Buzzsaw is ridiculous, no matter what the Collector's Club online story or the TFWiki says. Retcon, yes; discredit/disprove, no.

And also, I think ironrod was referring to Hell Buzzsaw, who came with the black Soundblaster repaint of Cybertron Soundwave, seeing as if I remember right, there were a whole bunch of Black Soundwaves in that episode. Now, that doesn't mean that any of the Black Soundwaves are Soundblaster, but that's where (I assume) the confusion stems from.
TriPredRavage

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:58 pm

^ I'll take my repsonse to PM so it doesn't divert from this topic.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:14 am

Episode 29 - 'Coming of the Fuzors Part 2'
This was a pretty awesome episode, but I personally liked Primal's old look better
Wing Saber

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:01 am

Episode 30 - 'Tangled Web'
Turantulas is the best predacon!
Silverbolt has already become annoying... :roll:
Quickstrike is a little annoying, but hes also pretty awesome! :mrgreen:
Wing Saber

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Episode 31 - 'Maximal, No More'
Another great episode!
"You will destroy us all... and all who came before us!" So Dinobot has also figured out where and when they are!
Wing Saber

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:17 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Episode 30 - 'Tangled Web'
Turantulas is the best predacon!
Silverbolt has already become annoying... :roll:
Quickstrike is a little annoying, but hes also pretty awesome! :mrgreen:
Oof... I think that Wing Saber is clearly demonstrating the generation gap here. So, far it almost seems like every character that was a fan favorite of my generation, is really annoying to his. :lol:

Wing Saber wrote:Episode 31 - 'Maximal, No More'
Another great episode!
"You will destroy us all... and all who came before us!" So Dinobot has also figured out where and when they are!
He's known when they are since the start of Season 2. You remember his whole "To be, or not to be..." monologue? He talks about the golden discs being able to predict the future, as they are from the future. So, he's known for a few episodes now.

Keep plowing through, dude!
TriPredRavage

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion