Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Wing Saber's TF series viewings

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Beast Wars

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Sabrblade wrote:You're getting close to another finale (seasons 2 and 3 are only 13 episodes long each). Once you get passed episode 39, how 'bout another write up before proceeding?

Will do
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:You're getting close to another finale (seasons 2 and 3 are only 13 episodes long each). Once you get passed episode 39, how 'bout another write up before proceeding?

Will do
Excellent, yeessss. :P
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Episode 35 - 'Code of Hero'
Dinobot is unstoppable! :mrgreen:
Quickstrike: "What's a warrior without weapons!"
Dinobot: "A warrior still!' woo! Dinobot has just tied himself with Tigatron for favorite Maximal!
Dinobot has now passed Tigatron! too bad he's dead now :cry:
Even at death, Dinobot still has the strength to insult Ratrap! :smile:
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Episode 35 - 'Code of Hero'
Dinobot is unstoppable! :mrgreen:
Quickstrike: "What's a warrior without weapons!"
Dinobot: "A warrior still!' woo! Dinobot has just tied himself with Tigatron for favorite Maximal!
Dinobot has now passed Tigatron! too bad he's dead now :cry:
Even at death, Dinobot still has the strength to insult Ratrap! :smile:
Now you see firsthand how and why Dinobot was the fans' choice to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. :smile: 8-)

A bit of trivia. This was the only episode of the whole series to have been directed by the series's writers, as well as the only one to have been storyboarded instead of being directed as it went along. As scuh, this was a very important episode as Dinobot was one of the series' most complex and phenomenal characters.

Also, when they were recording this episode, as Scott McNeil was trying to do Dinobot's final lines before his death, he kept being interrupted by laughter from the staff members. While still in his character, he yelled out the following words after having spoken what was scripted: "...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence... DO YOU MIND?! I'M TRYING TO DIE HERE!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

And during Dinobot's funeral, Rattrap mistakenly has his old pre-Transmetal body instead of the-current Transmetal one. :roll:

And now, some iconic quotes from this episode.

Dinobot: "The question that once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own. And yet, how ironic... for I now find that I have no choice at all! I am a warrior... let the battle be joined."

Megatron: "Face it, Dinobot! You're old technology, obsolete. What could you possibly do?"
Dinobot: "Improvise."

Optimus Primal: "Well fought, my friend. You saved the valley. You saved the lives of those who live here... and of those who are still to come."
Dinobot: "Then... there is nothing to regret."
Rattrap: "Like I said, you're just a blasted, slag-spouting saurian, but... it's nice to know where you stand."
Dinobot:"Upwind of you, for preference, vermin. ...Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."

Optimus Primal: "He lived a warrior... and died a hero. Let his spark join the Matrix, the greatest of Cybertron."

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:37 pm

Episode 36 - 'Transmutate'
That thing is....... is...... weird!
That thing creeps me out!
As much as it creeped me out, it's death was still sad!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Episode 36 - 'Transmutate'
That thing is....... is...... weird!
That thing creeps me out!
As much as it creeped me out, it's death was still sad!
Some believe to have actually been a "she".

Also, Rattrap's mention of Arcee is a nod to the fact that Transmutate is voiced by none other than the voice of G1 Arcee (as well as this series' voice director) Susan Blu.

Oh, and one more bit a trivia about last episode, you can see the skin of the Dinobot's clone hung on the wall in his quarters, showing that he didn't eat it 100%. ;)

Prepare yourself, though, for the next episode is the epic three-part season 2 finale and one of the most awesome finales to any Transformers series ever! 8-)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:43 pm

The Agenda... I've been waiting for this episode!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Wing Saber wrote:The Agenda... I've been waiting for this episode!
Oh, yeah! Go for it!

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:09 pm

Episode 37 - 'The Agenda Part 1'
More robomance :roll:
That ship looks like some predatory bird...
Oh snap! it's Ravage!
Is that a russian accent?
Haha cheetor is like the Waspinator of this episode!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:20 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Episode 37 - 'The Agenda Part 1'
More robomance :roll:
That ship looks like some predatory bird...
Oh snap! it's Ravage!
Is that a russian accent?
Haha cheetor is like the Waspinator of this episode!
Yeah, it seems that Ravage here was based more off his Marvel Comics portrayal (speaking and all), instead of his G1 cartoon self (growling mostly). Though, he did have one line of ture dialogue in one episode of G1, and could always speak in the Japanese version of G1, and could have developed a full vocabulary by the time of Beast Wars, so... it's cool.

And I take it you saw the Tripredacus Council for the first time in this episode. The are among the ruling body class of the Predacon Alliance, biding their time to take back Cybertron from the Maximal Council of Elders. Though, they see such Predacons who take matters into their own hands (i.e. - Megatron) as rogue criminals undermining their agenda. Which is why Ravage (a Pred himself) sought to arrest Megatron.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion