Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Wing Saber's TF series viewings

TF:Prime, Animated, Beast Wars, G1, you name it!

Re: Beast Wars

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Episode 38 - 'The Agenda Part 2'
woah... Turantulas was a Predacon police officer??? :shock:
NOO!!! INFERNO!!! :o
ok seriously whats with all this robomance :roll:
HAHA I LAUGHED SO MUCH WHEN RAVAGE TRANSFORMED!!! :lol:
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:08 pm

Wing Saber wrote:ok seriously whats with all this robomance :roll:
Is it really that bothersome? It makes them seem more human-like instead of just mere robots, and thus more relatable as characters. Plus, it shouldn't seem like anything that new, since you must have seen cases like:
G1
  • Optimus Prime and Elita One
  • Ironhide and Chromia
  • Powerglide and Moonracer
  • Inferno and Firestar
  • Hot Rod and Arcee (until he became Rodimus Prime)
Unicron Trilogy
  • Mirage went "gay for Galvatron"
  • Thunderblast kept switching her crush back and forth between Megatron/Galvatron and Starscream
  • Ransack tried to impress Thunderblast in the last episode of Cybertron
Movies
  • Jetfire's mother and father (which he claimed to have)
Animated
  • Elita-1 and either Optimus or Sentinel
  • The Dinobots and Wasp all crushed on Blackarachnia
Just to name a few.

Also, Quickstrike sees Blackarachnia as his "Sugar Bot" (even though she doesn't feel the same about him).

Wing Saber wrote:HAHA I LAUGHED SO MUCH WHEN RAVAGE TRANSFORMED!!! :lol:
Notice that they also played the classic Transformation sound when he did. And, originally, they were gonna have the classic Transformers theme song play when he transformed, but they couldn't get the rights to it.

Also, they really tried to get Frank Welker to record G1 Megatron's lines, but financial and scheduling conflicts prevented this. :(
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Mirage went "gay for Galvatron"

He did?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:19 pm

Wing Saber wrote:

He did?
The English version tried their best to hide it, but it was still evident. :roll:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:25 pm

Episode 39 - 'The Agenda Part 3
Rhinox: "well that's just dandy!" :lol:
And the last of the Decepticons... has fallen!
haha ratrap riding the ship like a bull! :lol:
Did anyone else notice that all that's left on the main Maximal team are the original four?
The front of the ark! this hasnt been seen since the first episode of G1! :o
Why are the Maximals and Predacons so much smaller than the Autobots and Decepticons? they're like minicons!
Is that the ending? thats the end of the season? YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! thankfully I know there's more, but the kids of the time must have been freaking out! :mrgreen:
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:30 pm

Write up time! :D

Wing Saber wrote:And the last of the Decepticons... has fallen!
...Not necessarily. Remember, Primal said that a "few" Decepticons were granted amnesty after the Great War and retired. Ravage wasn't the only Decepticon to still live.

Wing Saber wrote:Did anyone else notice that all that's left on the main Maximal team are the original four?
What about Silverbolt?

Wing Saber wrote:Why are the Maximals and Predacons so much smaller than the Autobots and Decepticons? they're like minicons!
They've always been that small. Notcie how they don't tower over the trees in the environments. They're human-sized TFs. The downgrading of size was done as means for energy conservation.

Wing Saber wrote:Is that the ending? thats the end of the season? YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! thankfully I know there's more, but the kids of the time must have been freaking out! :mrgreen:
Intense, wasn't it? Moreso than the death of Optimus Primal and the near diversion of the planet's destruction in the first season's finale.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:42 pm

Time for the review:
Better than season 1, but barely, had more of a plot
characters:
Maximals:
Transmetal Rattrap - better looking, and faster than the original!
Transmetal Cheetor - flying kitty!
Transmetal Primal - uglier than the original, but makes up for it with his awesome hoverboard!
Silverbolt - kind of annoying, but bearable

Predacons:
Transmetal Megatron - He has officially lost his mind
Transmetal Turantulas - more treachurous, but also awesomer!
Quickstrike - Pretty cool looking, but he is way over confident in his strength!
Rampage - an unwilling predacon? this will make things interesting!

Decepticons:
Ravage - A nice homage, but I am not enjoying the accent :roll: :lol:

Others
Transmutate - that thing is creepy!
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Transmetal Primal - uglier than the original, but makes up for it with his awesome hoverboard!
Looks do not make the character, my friend. But, yeah, that flight mode is BEAST!

Wing Saber wrote:Transmetal Megatron - He has officially lost his mind
:o ...How? What? He's ambitious and calculating. He went so far to achieve his goal without concern for anyone but himself. He's both cunning and merciless.

Wing Saber wrote:Transmetal Turantulas - more treachurous, but also awesomer!
And yet, he somewhat kept working for Megs. :roll:

Wing Saber wrote:Rampage - an unwilling predacon? this will make things interesting!
Oh, he doesn't mind being a Pred. He just doesn't like being used as a tool like he is.

Wing Saber wrote:Others
Transmutate - that thing is creepy!
And yet, its toy is coveted so much. At least it brought out a more sympathetic side of Rampage. And its death was so tragic.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:59 pm

Wing Saber wrote:

He did?

in energon tidalwave was reformated into mirage and for some reason developed a thing for galvetron
ironrod prime

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Episode 40 - 'Optimal Situation'
Ok, when Prime's spark was in Primal's body, who was in control, Primal or Prime?
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Cartoon Discussion