Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

the ambiguous status of skids and mudflap

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

the ambiguous status of skids and mudflap

Postby lioconvoy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:17 am

hear is a thred that i feel needs a confermed answer.
are skids and mudflap dead or alive?
the same question can be asked about que/wheeljack and mirage/dino.

hear is what makes the status of these bots ambiguous
in the novel and comic adaptations skids and mudflap die as does mirage.
in the film que dies and dino survives. in adition to this, the only sighting we get of the twins are when they enter the hanger near the start of the film.

now i know a lot of you will be saying "who cares" but honestly i don't think the twins are that bad. and if you read the novel then you will see that they died noble deaths.
speculate away or if confermed answers can be given then please give the answers`
lioconvoy

Re: the ambiguous status of skids and mudflap

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:43 am

I'd say dead. They were to have been killed by Sentinel in the film too, but all their scenes were cut out. I'm guessing that they'll release either an extended cut of the movie on DVD or at least have deleted scenes that show their deaths on screen.

As for Dino/Mirage and Que/Wheeljack, since the movie kinda overtakes both the comic and novel adaptations (with a few exceptions such as vital info from each not included in the film itself), I'd say Que/Wheeljack is dead and Dino/Mirage lives.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby lioconvoy » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:00 am

i am leaning towards that line of thinking.
i hope there is an extended cut with the twins in it cos honestly i don't think they can bbe that bad
lioconvoy

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:38 am

I haven't noticed this myself, but Someone on Seibertron.com said that at after Sentinel destroys Ironhide, you can see parts of the twins lying around
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Wing Saber wrote:I haven't noticed this myself, but Someone on Seibertron.com said that at after Sentinel destroys Ironhide, you can see parts of the twins lying around
Yeah, I heard about that too. I tried to look out for their parts when I watched the movie a second time, but I either couldn't see any of their parts or just missed out on them completely. I haven't seen the film a third time yet so I can't say for sure. :|
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:41 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:I haven't noticed this myself, but Someone on Seibertron.com said that at after Sentinel destroys Ironhide, you can see parts of the twins lying around
Yeah, I heard about that too. I tried to look out for their parts when I watched the movie a second time, but I either couldn't see any of their parts or just missed out on them completely. I haven't seen the film a third time yet so I can't say for sure. :|

I'll look for them when I go to see it the third time
Wing Saber

Postby Blademan91 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Id have to say dead.

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:34 pm

i guess it depends on which adaptation you follow seeing as how officialy the twins werent in the movie id say there alive

as for dino/mirage and que/wheeljack heres the score

movie

dino-alive
que-dead

thats the movie perspective anyway
ironrod prime

Postby Agent X » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:21 pm

just wait for the sequil comic to confim the kill
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion