Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

How would you make a new movie?

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Re: How would you make a new movie?

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:57 pm

mightwork wrote:I'd probably make a prequel to the TF trilogy and have it end with Sentinel planning his betrayal and Megatron leaving to find the Allspark, that or an Armada based one

That has to be the best idea I've seen in these replies so far :> (the part about the TF trilogy prequel)
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:41 pm

cyberwuss wrote:
mightwork wrote:I'd probably make a prequel to the TF trilogy and have it end with Sentinel planning his betrayal and Megatron leaving to find the Allspark, that or an Armada based one

That has to be the best idea I've seen in these replies so far :> (the part about the TF trilogy prequel)
Even though there are plenty of comics that already tell this story. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Even though there are plenty of comics that already tell this story. ;)

Not all of us read the comics
Besides, DOTM proved the comics aren't perfectly aligned with the movies. Barricade died in the comics after TF1, yet there he is in DOTM
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:09 am

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Even though there are plenty of comics that already tell this story. ;)

Not all of us read the comics
Besides, DOTM proved the comics aren't perfectly aligned with the movies. Barricade died in the comics after TF1, yet there he is in DOTM
The movies take precedence over their comic adaptations. Plus, Barricade was alive in the post-Movie 1 comics and novels, as they took the movie version of Movie 1 to be the true version.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby cyberwuss » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:53 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
cyberwuss wrote:

Even though there are plenty of comics that already tell this story. ;)

Comics just aren't the same as high tech computer generated images and fun moving pictures :>, and movies can have cooler things in them other than just those as well (like fleshing out more storyline and plot)
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

If I made the transformers movies...

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:07 pm

This is something I came up with in a conversation with a friend on Facebook, one what I would do if I took over for Micheal Bay...
I would reboot the franchise so I don't have to make up for what Bay did. I would start off with a movie on Cybertron, Optimus vs Megatron, Optimus would die, and the Autobots would be banished from Cybertron, but instead of leaving, they charge the Decepticon base and kill Megatron and his top generals, Starscream and Soundwave. The second movie would have the Autobots on Earth hundreds of years later, when the reorganized Decepticons, led by Galvatron, whose generals would be Cyclonus and Shockwave, arrive for revenge. The Autobots would win, but this was part of Galvatron's plan, and he would somehow take control of Earth, and tries to go find and capture Unicron, but Shockwave decides he has gone mad and kills him, taking command of the Decepticons. In the third movie, Shockwave unleashes his pets, the Dinobots, to hunt down and destroy the remaining Autobots, but upon the arrival of Unicron, he makes an alliance with them. Both the Autobots and Decepticons battle Unicron, and Grimlock sacrifices himself, destroying Unicron. Shockwave then attacks the Autobots, but now with the dinobots on their side, the Autobots defeat the Decepticons, freeing Earth.
Wing Saber

Re: If I made the transformers movies...

Postby cyberwuss » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:36 pm

I don't think I could kill off Optimus right at the start, he is basically the face of TF. I am also a big fan of him being that way. You just can't understand what it was like if you didn't grow up with G1 as your main show.

Anyway, if I stayed within Bayformers continuity I would probably do something in the 1920s about the newly formed Sector 7, just after Sam's grandfather Archibald discovers Megatron and around the time of the Hoover Dam construction and all that, so kind of like a Transformers set in World War I or something.

I'll have to think about what I would do with a complete reboot.

For those of us who grew up with G1 as the main and only show before BW came out (that is about a decade if you didn't count) TF without Optimus is like Batman with no Batman and only following Robin, Batgirl, Commissioner Gordon, and other main Batman characters without him in it lol.

If I offed someone at the start, Id likely pull a FOC and have Bumblebee sacrifice himself to save OP.

Maybe have Starscream kill Megatron in a betrayal and have a creepy Prime style soundwave lead the cons after avenging his leader on Starscream.
cyberwuss

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:00 pm

cyberwuss wrote:I don't think I could kill off Optimus right at the start, he is basically the face of TF. I am also a big fan of him being that way. You just can't understand what it was like if you didn't grow up with G1 as your main show.

Not at the start. He'd die about 3/4 of the way through the first movie. I mostly did that because that gives me room to do the other movies differently and explore new characters rather than the same ones every movie.
cyberwuss wrote:have Starscream kill Megatron in a betrayal and have a creepy Prime style soundwave lead the cons after avenging his leader on Starscream.

I really like that idea. Kind of a Creepy version of Antony from Julius Caesar.
Wing Saber

Postby Unicron fan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:02 pm

I definitely likes the ideas up here, 'specially the one with Unicron (as if that was a surprise :lol: ).
Unicron fan

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Unicron fan wrote:I definitely likes the ideas up here, 'specially the one with Unicron (as if that was a surprise :lol: ).

I couldn't think of a good reason for Galvatron to summon him, but I know I want that to happen. Any ideas?
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion