Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Cloverfield Transformer

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Re: Cloverfield Transformer

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:G1 and Prime Unicron are the same guys as Unicron Trilogy/Universe/2010 Unicron. G1 Unicron had two prototypes, one of which has been shown on display at BotCon 2009.

While I sumbit on the others. still don't buy this. there has been no evidence, in ANY series, to support this.
There's more to Transformers fiction than just cartoons, video games, and movies. Or are you calling Cybertron Vector Prime a liar? ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Or are you calling Cybertron Vector Prime a liar? ;)

In this case, I am. It just doesn't make sense, no matter how you slice it.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Or are you calling Cybertron Vector Prime a liar? ;)

In this case, I am. It just doesn't make sense, no matter how you slice it.
He's a self-contradicting being. His nature enables him to exist in multiple realities and undergo differing experiences.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:31 am

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:G1 and Prime Unicron are the same guys as Unicron Trilogy/Universe/2010 Unicron. G1 Unicron had two prototypes, one of which has been shown on display at BotCon 2009.

While I sumbit on the others. still don't buy this. there has been no evidence, in ANY series, to support this.
There's more to Transformers fiction than just cartoons, video games, and movies. Or are you calling Cybertron Vector Prime a liar? ;)

What'd he say?
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:26 pm

im gonna have to go with wingsaber on this one if prime is apart of the wfc/foc continuety and wfc/foc arent g1 then prime unicron and g1 unicron cant be the same guy

oh and saberblade heres some sites for animated thundercracker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ7kbeXRMww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahqmcerrxjE

no current toy listings but i did get a shot of the box and two reviews also an ebay auction from may/14/2011(not listed above)
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:31 pm

ironrod prime wrote:im gonna have to go with wingsaber on this one if prime is apart of the wfc/foc continuety and wfc/foc arent g1 then prime unicron and g1 unicron cant be the same guy
Well, think about this. Since Unicron is a god, it stands to reason that he is not bound by the physical laws and limitations of mortals, and can transcend the very fabric of reality itself. ;)

ironrod prime wrote:oh and saberblade heres some sites for animated thundercracker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ7kbeXRMww

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahqmcerrxjE

no current toy listings but i did get a shot of the box and two reviews also an ebay auction from may/14/2011(not listed above)
As I wrote above, certain reviewers like Peaugh got their hands on some factory variants of the figure ahead of time, prior to the decision to cancel their order for mass release. That's how they get their figures so early all the time. Some even got the Hasbro version of Animated Blackout before he was canceled too.

And, if you'd look in the video description, or even just watch the video, you'd see that the one kbuddha420 has is a custom-painted Voyager Starscream done up as Thundercracker by a guy named ZeltraxMillenium, and not an official Thundercracker figure. You can even see the purple Con symbol stickers peeling off the wings, whereas the Hasbro one has tampographed golden insignia.

I'm not denying that the figure was made, but it still wasn't released to mass retail.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:59 pm

i can agree that it wasnt mass produced but i still stand by that hasbro had him listed on there site (price and all) before the line was canceled
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:09 pm

ironrod prime wrote:i can agree that it wasnt mass produced but i still stand by that hasbro had him listed on there site (price and all) before the line was canceled
And unless you can provide some undeniable confirmation of his having been up for sale on their site, there's nothing to support your claim.

Though, consider this. If it wasn't mass produced ,they wouldn't have been able to sell it on their site, since even Hasbro Toy shop exclusives are mass produced to a certain quantity. Without mass production, there is no retail sale.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:07 pm

i cant prove it cause they took it down

lets just agree to disagree i know what i saw you want proof that i dont have cant we just let it die
ironrod prime

Previous

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion