Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Spacebridge error

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Re: Spacebridge error

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:i still say jetfire used a ground bridge

yes i know the term wasnt invent untill this year but that doesnt mean the technology didnt exist
Technically a GroundBridge is a Space Bridge. Just one given a fancy name. ;)

and if you think about it the ground bridge has been seen before

you can argue that the "space bridge" used in rid was a ground bridge
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:20 pm

ironrod prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
ironrod prime wrote:i still say jetfire used a ground bridge

yes i know the term wasnt invent untill this year but that doesnt mean the technology didnt exist
Technically a GroundBridge is a Space Bridge. Just one given a fancy name. ;)

and if you think about it the ground bridge has been seen before

you can argue that the "space bridge" used in rid was a ground bridge
No it was a Space Bridge. All GroundBridges are Space Bridges, but not all Space Bridges are GroundBridges.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:57 pm

see now this is gonna get confusing cause in prime acording to ratchet a space bridge and a ground bridge are two differint things
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:08 pm

ironrod prime wrote:see now this is gonna get confusing cause in prime acording to ratchet a space bridge and a ground bridge are two differint things
The GroundBridge in Prime is a scaled down version of that continuity's Space Bridge technology. The difference between the two in that show is that the GroundBridge covers mostly the planet and its atmopshere, while the regular Space Bridges can span distances in lightyears.

Space Bridge technology differs from series to series. For example, nearly every Space Bridge from RiD and beyond uses Transwarp technology, while the Space Bridges from the G1 cartoon and/or Marvel Comics did not (since Transwarp technology had not yet been invented in those universes).
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:50 pm

See, the difference with Jetfire is that he CAN go to space, he just didn't
A groundbridge CAN'T
Wing Saber

Postby mightwork » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:54 am

Taken from TFwiki: A scaled-down iteration of Space bridge technology, a GroundBridge allows transport to coordinates on a single planet, or even into the planet's orbit. Considerably easier to maintain and less costly in energon to operate, it is the primary means of coordinating Autobot forces on planet Earth. Most tellingly, GroundBridge technology requires no receiving terminal at the destination in order to function.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/GroundBridge
mightwork

Previous

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion