Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

3 TF DOTM Visual Effects Vids.

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

3 TF DOTM Visual Effects Vids.

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:45 am

Howdy folks!

I came across these two videos earlier this evening on the visual effects that were used in TF3. Here's a better description:

ILM and Digital Domain have both released videos breaking down all the work that went into the action you saw on screen. You might be surprised to find out that Optimus Prime, Autobots and Decpticons weren’t the only CG additions in the film. Whole real-world environments and complete shots were created within the computer – buildings, vehicles, bridges, skyscrapers, cities and planets.

[EDIT:]

Source
Last edited by CYLON (13) on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Re: 2 TF DOTM Visual Effects Vids.

Postby cyberwuss » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:18 pm

I'll try to watch these later heh, most people who have never tried to make something in 3d on a computer have no idea that it is actually kind of hard work on this scale. Part of the reason is because computers still don't have the kind of power they need to handle these types of things (as evidenced by the ROTF Devastator model crashing a computer story because the computer overheated) the more complex the calculations get the harder it is to work on the scene. This problem doesn't really come up in old style paint programs like gimp or MS paint because they dont calculate things the same way but you also have to be rembrandt or michaelangelo to get the job done in those.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Re: 3 TF DOTM Visual Effects Vids.

Postby CYLON (13) » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:52 pm

ILM added a new vid. to their 'site. :)
(added to the original post)
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion