Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Allspark and the Arc?

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Allspark and the Arc?

Postby Fartimus Prime » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:37 am

Somethings been bugging me since I first saw DOTM. Is it just me or was it never explained, how the Allspark and the Arc both coincidentally wound up in our atmosphere and landed on our planet and our moon? I mean thats one heck of a coincidence, right??
Fartimus Prime

Re: Allspark and the Arc?

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:30 am

Well, when the AllSpark was launched into space, it automatically sought the location of the Harvester, which was located on Earth.

As for the Ark, when Sentinel had made the deal with Megatron to select another planet whose resources they could raid to restore Cybertron, they too chose the planet which held the Harvester, which was Earth.

However this deal was made before the AllSpark was launched and went to Earth, so they didn't anticipate the AllSpark winding up on the very planet that they sought to exploit for its resources.

And when the Ark was blown away into space after its launch, it actually began jumping around time and space via the space bridge tech set aboard it. At some point after the AllSpark was launched, whilst the Ark was jumping around in space, it picked up on the energies of the AllSpark and, in one final time-space jump, wound up in vicinity of Earth, 1962, where it crashed into the moon.

So, basically, the Harvester is the reason everything was drawn to Earth.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Fartimus Prime » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:34 am

That makes sense to me. Where did you get that tidbit of information? The novel(s)? I only read Ghosts of Yesterday and The Veiled Threat. I don't thing Bay is smart enough to come up with that. If he had to explain it, it would have had something to do with Sam's glasses. ;-)
Fartimus Prime

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:55 am

Fartimus Prime wrote: I don't thing Bay is smart enough to come up with that. If he had to explain it, it would have had something to do with Sam's glasses. ;-)

thats cheap bays smarter than you think
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Fartimus Prime wrote:That makes sense to me. Where did you get that tidbit of information? The novel(s)? I only read Ghosts of Yesterday and The Veiled Threat. I don't thing Bay is smart enough to come up with that. If he had to explain it, it would have had something to do with Sam's glasses. ;-)
Several different Movieverse comics.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:33 pm

Wow, that's cool info. ...still haven't seen DOTM... :oops: :?

:lol:
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Someone » Tue May 21, 2013 11:03 am

Sabrblade wrote:Well, when the AllSpark was launched into space, it automatically sought the location of the Harvester, which was located on Earth.

As for the Ark, when Sentinel had made the deal with Megatron to select another planet whose resources they could raid to restore Cybertron, they too chose the planet which held the Harvester, which was Earth.

However this deal was made before the AllSpark was launched and went to Earth, so they didn't anticipate the AllSpark winding up on the very planet that they sought to exploit for its resources.

And when the Ark was blown away into space after its launch, it actually began jumping around time and space via the space bridge tech set aboard it. At some point after the AllSpark was launched, whilst the Ark was jumping around in space, it picked up on the energies of the AllSpark and, in one final time-space jump, wound up in vicinity of Earth, 1962, where it crashed into the moon.

So, basically, the Harvester is the reason everything was drawn to Earth.

It may have been the Matrix, that was also on Earth.
Someone

Postby Sabrblade » Tue May 21, 2013 11:42 am

Someone wrote:It may have been the Matrix, that was also on Earth.
I wasn't speculating. The comics very clearly say that it was due to the Harvester being on Earth.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue May 21, 2013 12:08 pm

Besides the matrix is just the key the harvester is the main power source
ironrod prime

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:08 am

I just got back from the matrix of leadership, its pretty cool in there I'm back to the archives now.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion