Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

pretenders in T4?

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Re: pretenders in T4?

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 pm

you missunderstand let me explain

you have the core bot that transforms(in order to be easier to produce all the pretenders have cybertronian alt modes like g1) with shoulder, arm, leg, chest, torso, and head armor pieces
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 am

ironrod prime wrote:you missunderstand let me explain

you have the core bot that transforms(in order to be easier to produce all the pretenders have cybertronian alt modes like g1) with shoulder, arm, leg, chest, torso, and head armor pieces
It wouldn't have a Cybertronian altmode since the Movieverse Pretender concept has the human mode as the primary altmode. Alice transformed from Robot to Human and back. That's what made her a Pretender in that sense.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:52 am

ok again i go back to the digimon frontier spirit digivolving toys the core figure is the protoform(in the no vehichle parts on the body sense not the new born cybertronian sense) and the armor piecies are the skin/clothing
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:17 am

ironrod prime wrote:ok again i go back to the digimon frontier spirit digivolving toys the core figure is the protoform(in the no vehichle parts on the body sense not the new born cybertronian sense) and the armor piecies are the skin/clothing
And, again, how is that "transforming"? That's just a simple "dress up" toy.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:41 pm

well isnt that essentialy what a pretender is a wolf in sheeps clothing as it were and it may not transform in the typical sense but technicly it does change form
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:23 pm

ironrod prime wrote:well isnt that essentialy what a pretender is a wolf in sheeps clothing as it were and it may not transform in the typical sense but technicly it does change form
Transformers are toys that "transform" or "convert", not "put on new outfits" and such. That's what dolls do.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:17 am

ok then how about shellformers or puzzleformers where the shell is the human and the inner figure is the cybertronian
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:21 am

Let me ask you this. How would a fully transformable toy of Alice, transforming from this to this and back, be feasible?

Figure that out, and then you got a workable design for Movieverse Pretenders.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:35 pm

sorry blade But the only way I see it happening is if they go the digimon frontier route
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 pm

ironrod prime wrote:sorry blade But the only way I see it happening is if they go the digimon frontier route
And that simply doesn't fit HasTakTomy's methods and engineering standards for what makes a Transformers toy Transform. So, if it's not workable, then I guess that's that.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion