Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

The live action film fans want

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

The live action film fans want

Postby Agent X » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:10 pm

So it dawned on me this morning that fans want a Live action version of Transformers the Movie

As Sabrblade pointed out in another thread about Predacons Rising:
Sabrblade wrote:The more I think about it, the more this movie feels, to me, like a sort of response to all the fanboy wishes for future live action movies.

I mean, how often have we seen posts from people wanting the next TF movie to have any of the following:
  • Unicron
  • A story set entirely on Cybertron
  • No humans
  • Full focus on the robots
  • Less Optimus Prime
  • Less Megatron
  • More characterization for the non-Optimus/non-Megatron robots
  • Megatron being upgraded into a form that's not still named "Megatron"
  • Bumblebee to talk permanently
  • No toilet humor
  • No excessive crudeness in general
  • No Michael Bay
We hear these kinds of fan wishes all the time, and this movie has delivered in just 65 minutes all of what three 2 and a half hour long feature films failed to deliver (not that we should have been expecting any of that for the live action films, mind you).

I think the only things missing from this movie that fans kept asking for are the Dinobots (which Age of Extinction will be giving us), Megatron's upgraded form being named "Galvatron", and for a movie that would have all of this to be one that would be released in theaters (which really doesn't matter in the long run since both theatrical movies and TV/DVD movies all eventually just end up as commercial home video media anyway).

Transformers the Movie meets most of these criteria (plus Dinobots).
The only humans in the film are Spike and Daniel, and only the final act is set on Cybertron. Otherwise all criteria listed has been meet.

So what fans really want is a live-action remake of Transformers the Movie.
Immaturity is shown by not trying to understand others, but by judging others.
Agent X

Re: The live action film fans want

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:21 pm

You're just now getting this? You're a little late to the party x. This has been the general sensuous since 07.
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:26 pm

I don't think people want to see a live action version of their childhood trauma with Optimus being murdered in the first act only to never reappear again in the film. :P

Rather, most want a movie that's "like" the G1 movie, only modified to suit their personal preferences.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Y'know just like any other movie adaptation of a video game, book, or tv show
ironrod prime

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:14 pm

ironrod prime wrote:Y'know just like any other movie adaptation of a video game, book, or tv show
Precisely. It's all about "me" instead of "everybody" with this fandom. ;)

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:18 pm

No, no. I like some of the ideas, but I don't want that.
Sabrblade wrote:I mean, how often have we seen posts from people wanting the next TF movie to have any of the following:
  • Unicron
  • A story set entirely on Cybertron
  • No humans
  • Full focus on the robots
  • Less Optimus Prime
  • Less Megatron
  • More characterization for the non-Optimus/non-Megatron robots
  • Megatron being upgraded into a form that's not still named "Megatron"
  • Bumblebee to talk permanently
  • No toilet humor
  • No excessive crudeness in general
  • No Michael Bay

Unicron has potential to create an amazing movie, but also has potential to be a terrible movie. This could go either way, and therefore is not wanted by me unless we get a phenominal director (Which could be Micheal Bay if he steps up his game).
I would love a story set entirely on Cybertron. This, I am in full agreeance with.
I don't mind humans, as long as they're likeable/useful. For example, I liked the Cybertron humans. They were pretty useful, and the were likeable (except for Bud on some occasions.)
I wouldn't mind full focus on the robots, but as long as they have primary focus, I don't mind some focus on the humans.
I would love less Optimus/Megatron time
I would love more characterization for the Non-Optimus/Non-Megatron robots.
I don't really want Megatron upgraded, I want a villain that's not Megatron/a completely seperate entity.
Bumblebee, if he appears, I would like him to talk, and not be a show-stealer. Unless he's voiced by Will Friedi(Not sure if that last name is right). Because that Bumblebee was awesome.
The occasional toilet humor is acceptable, but nto as much as the past three.
I am all for no excessive crudeness.
Micheal Bay is not what I have a problem with, it's his style with the past three. If he can change it and make the next movie great, I'll love him.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Well, like I said, it almost seemed like Predacons Rising was made to fulfill all of those fan desires in one go, so as to proverbially give the filmmakers some kind of excuse to not need to do so in the live action films (as in "You fans already got a movie with all that stuff you wanted in it, we don't need to make you another one."). :P

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Sabrblade wrote:so as to proverbially give the filmmakers some kind of excuse to not need to do so in the live action films (as in "You fans already got a movie with all that stuff you wanted in it, we don't need to make you another one."). :P

Sounds like some flawed logic
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:26 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:so as to proverbially give the filmmakers some kind of excuse to not need to do so in the live action films (as in "You fans already got a movie with all that stuff you wanted in it, we don't need to make you another one."). :P

Sounds like some flawed logic
Sadly, the filmmakers don't think like the fans do.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby nullfactor » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:02 am

My fascination with a movie that featured Unicron was the very Google search that brought me to this forum! :) I don't mind Michael Bay's way of handling the Transformers franchise, with the exception that he tends to overcook things to the point of being cheesy (I mean, I'm all for cheddar, but I prefer it not to be on my movies, if you know what I mean). Like Wing Saber stated, a movie focused on Unicron could go in two totally different directions - incredibly awesome, or incredibly not-so-awesome. What would really make it go into the awesome territory is a movie based on Cybertron, which is being threatened somehow by Unicron. As for Optimus Prime / Megatron time, I'm torn on that. I think Optimus is a highly inspiration character. He is written in a way that makes you proud to living being! Megatron, on the other hand, sort of depresses me. I think Hugo Weaving is brilliant, but even he can't save Megatron, the way he is written into the movies. The only way I would like to see Megatron come back is if we could get more development on the traditional power struggle between Megatron and Starscream... which, with the developments of DOTM, doesn't seem likely...
nullfactor

Next

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion