Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Who else thinks this could happen?

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Who else thinks this could happen?

Postby OptimusPhillip » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:29 am

I have an idea for an existing piece of TF lore that I think not only has a lot of cinematic potential, but has also been referenced in the movies so far (though it might be unintentional): Circuit Breaker.

A human character who is targeting Autobots and Decepticons alike for vengeful reasons. We already had that going on with Harold Attinger in AOE, but if they bring Circuit Breaker into this franchise, I honestly think that'd be pretty cool.

Not only that, but it's not too far out of the realm of possibility: again, Cemetery Wind and KSI were targeting both factions and they have access to Transformium, so they could use that premise to give us Circuit Breaker; maybe she could be an employee of KSI who was injured in the attack and, having been trained not to recognize the difference between the two sides, will want revenge on both. Also if Michael Bay were to find out about this character, he would definitely want to slap her in at some point (it's a hot girl in a metal suit: how can he resist that?)

Thoughts? Let me know.
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
https://www.youtube.com/user/OptimusPhillip
OptimusPhillip

Re: Who else thinks this could happen?

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:12 am

Circuit Breaker is owned by Marvel. They'd have to make up a different character who's only "similar" to her, like what IDW had to do with "Circuit Smasher" in Regeneration One. No one other than Marvel themselves can use the actual Circuit Breaker character.

Tis also why we'll never see Spider-Man as the actual Marvel Spider-Man in these movies.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:55 am

Sabrblade wrote:Circuit Breaker is owned by Marvel. They'd have to make up a different character who's only "similar" to her, like what IDW had to do with "Circuit Smasher" in Regeneration One. No one other than Marvel themselves can use the actual Circuit Breaker character.

Oh. Too bad.

Sabrblade wrote:Tis also why we'll never see Spider-Man as the actual Marvel Spider-Man in these movies.

Wait, we've had a Spider-Man expy?
Check me out on YouTube! I'm primarily a toy reviewer, but don't be surprised when a movie review or any other random video crops up.
OptimusPhillip

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:08 pm

OptimusPhillip wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Tis also why we'll never see Spider-Man as the actual Marvel Spider-Man in these movies.

Well, not an expy, but Spider-Man himself did appear in the G1 comics for an issue:

I just used him as an example of a Marvel-owned character like Circuit Breaker that no one but Marvel can use.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
OptimusPhillip wrote:

Well, not an expy, but Spider-Man himself did appear in the G1 comics for an issue:

I just used him as an example of a Marvel-owned character like Circuit Breaker that no one but Marvel can use.

Oh. I thought you meant there was a movie character who was obviously meant to play the role Spider-Man did in that comic.
OptimusPhillip

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:26 pm

Wasn't the new Spider-man really just a Transformers movie?

Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:10 am

Wing Saber wrote:Wasn't the new Spider-man really just a Transformers movie?

I'm not sure we saw the same movie.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:10 am

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby OptimusPhillip » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Sabrblade wrote:

It's a joke about the Bayformeriness of the new Rhino.
OptimusPhillip

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:19 pm

He didn't really transform. He just basically got on all fours
ironrod prime

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion