Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

a short rant

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

a short rant

Postby ironrod prime » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:04 pm

ok i don't know about you guys but im tired of poeple bashing the transformer movies for not being "g1 accurate" well heres a news flash for ya

THEY'RE NOT G1 MOVIES!!! :evil:

so either get over it or shut up

oh and for those of you who bash micheal bay for the story lines i want you to look up the word director

bay has nothing to do with the story line so if you wanna bash sombody bash the screen writters

thank you :D
ironrod prime

Re: a short rant

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:06 pm

There are still people bashing the movies because they're "not G1"? Oh brother!

Of course they're not G1! This isn't the Primax Cluster we're dealing with, it's the Tyran Cluster! G1 = Primax, Movies = Tyran.

These people are just straight up "Geewunners" (or even "Geewhiners" :roll: ) who need to move on and accept that these films have zero ties with the G1 franchise other than character names and terms.

Besides, the storyline of the film series isn't the main problem. The main problem is Bay's directing: unfunny/crude/forced humor, the defiance of simple physics and common sense, the over-inclusion of passive action, unnecessary side characters, etc.

In fact, the 5-part mini-series of the Transformers: Prime cartoon is a good example of how Orci and Kurtzman (the films' writers) can tell a good story without Bay's tampering.

To get back to how the films aren't G1, they wouldn't make "G1 movies" because G1 doesn't appeal to the general majority audience anymore. The 1980s are over, so let's just move on with it already.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Mechabreaker » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:31 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Besides, the storyline of the film series isn't the main problem. The main problem is Bay's directing: unfunny/crude/forced humor, the defiance of simple physics and common sense, the over-inclusion of passive action, unnecessary side characters, etc.

In fact, the 5-part mini-series of the Transformers: Prime cartoon is a good example of how Orci and Kurtzman (the films' writers) can tell a good story without Bay's tampering.

Exactly. Bay might not be the writer, but he still influences how everything turns out in the end.
Mechabreaker

Postby PORTER » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:18 pm

id hate to be "that guy" but i saw this topic and felt i should give my 2 cents.

but first things first i hate that stupid "Geewunners" term.its offensive and just plain childish.i love G1, if that allows people to label me like we are in elementary school than fine, im not changing my feelings towards generation 1. 8-)

but that is not the reason for my post, to bash on that term.

heres my two cents:

i pretty much agree with everyone when i say these live-action movies are not G1, but my point is simple really......without G1 where would the franchise be?

this is a different era in the franchise, things will be different.there is a lot of things Transformers has going for itself as a franchise and they have a lot of directions they can go and new ideas to try.

i love the live action movies.the first one got me back into collecting mostly everything in the toy line and Revenge of the fallen just took that and doubled it.

but the absoulute honest reason for my post here is just to make a little point.

G1 is not dead.

bash me all you want it wont do any good. ;)

the G1 cartoon is over.i know that but G1 hasnt died completely.they still live in comics , toys and recently the 25th anniversary G1 dvds (individual seasons or the matrix box set)

the movies are their own universe.sure they make a few nods to G1 throughout the movie but they also have new material to appeal to the general public.

without generation one there would be no transformers.and i respect that.i love G1.i love beastwars.i love RID.i love the unicron trilogy. i love animated and i love the live-action movies.......

I LOVE TRANSFORMERS!!!!

isnt what this is all about, the fans? :D
PORTER

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:46 pm

PORTER wrote:but first things first i hate that stupid "Geewunners" term.its offensive and just plain childish.i love G1, if that allows people to label me like we are in elementary school than fine, im not changing my feelings towards generation 1. 8-)
That term does not refer to just people who watched, loved, and grew up with G1. It refers to those who place it above all other series as the sole true iteration of the Transformers franchise AND view any and all of the post-G1 seires as blasphemous knock offs.

To like G1 is one thing. To label it as the only real Transformers series while bashing everything to come after it is "Geewhining". In your case, PORTER, I wouldn't label you as a Geewunner, but a well-rounded G1 fan.

PORTER wrote:i pretty much agree with everyone when i say these live-action movies are not G1, but my point is simple really......without G1 where would the franchise be?
It is wholeheartedly acknowledged that G1 is what started it all. But that isn't to say that it is best, or even the only good series (as ironrod prime's audience was claiming).

PORTER wrote:G1 is not dead.

bash me all you want it wont do any good. ;)

the G1 cartoon is over.i know that but G1 hasnt died completely.they still live in comics , toys and recently the 25th anniversary G1 dvds (individual seasons or the matrix box set)
Who said it was "dead"? It's still living, though even today's G1 products are still very different from what went on in the 80's G1 media.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:06 am

Sabrblade wrote:That term does not refer to just people who watched, loved, and grew up with G1. It refers to those who place it above all other series as the sole true iteration of the Transformers franchise AND view any and all of the post-G1 seires as blasphemous knock offs.

To like G1 is one thing. To label it as the only real Transformers series while bashing everything to come after it is "Geewhining". In your case, PORTER, I wouldn't label you as a Geewunner, but a well-rounded G1 fan.

well said

Sabrblade wrote:It is wholeheartedly acknowledged that G1 is what started it all. But that isn't to say that it is best, or even the only good series (as ironrod prime's audience was claiming).

my point exactly g1 may have been the start of it all but like most franchise origons g1 had flaws including many animation and continuity errors

Sabrblade wrote:Who said it was "dead"? It's still living, though even today's G1 products are still very different from what went on in the 80's G1 media.

g1 will never die this i know is true i may not be a big fan of g1 but i do respect it because without g1 there would be no movies, no toylines, not even transformers underwear

it started it all and for that reason it will never die
ironrod prime

Postby starry* *night » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:02 pm

The only G1 related complaint that I would have about it
is how they specifically disrespected G1 on purpose
when Bumblebee slammed the little yellow herbie around.

Naturally any new take is free and correct NOT to resemble G1 if somebody's
favorite Transformer impressions are from a different series.

and that it's NOT AT ALL pg for kids -------- that I'm not keen on either
Last edited by starry* *night on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby ironrod prime » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:27 pm

starry* *night wrote:The only G1 related complaint that I would have about it
is how they specifically disrespected G1 on purpose
when Bumblebee slammed the little yellow herbie around.

that wasnt really disrespect it was just a statement saying "g1 was great but its time is over its our time now"
ironrod prime

Postby starry* *night » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:48 pm

But if would have been cool if, rather then bashing him up, he
could beat him off the line at a light and or blow him in the dust in a race or something
more like that ;)
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:48 pm

ok im p oed again this time im talkin about movie bashing in general and i just have 1 simple question why give me a straight honest answer tell me why you hate the movies and please none of this opinionated slag give me a factual answer
ironrod prime

Next

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion