Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Discussion: How to Best Handle "Mikela" in DOTM

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Discussion: How to Best Handle "Mikela" in DOTM

Postby perceptor » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:56 pm

A few weeks ago, my bros and I were talking about Mikela, and how might Ehren Kruger handle her character in TF3: DOTM. They guessed that there would be virtually no explanation given at all. It'd be something like: Opening scene, Sam talking to his Dad and say, "Yeah, you were right. Too bad we had to break up..." And that would be the sum total explanation, no further mention of her the rest of the film. Move on to DOTM story.

I have a different theory!
Opening scene: the sinister Decepticons hunt down human targets Sam and Mikela. Mikela dies in a tragic fireball of epic Bayhem. The Autobots manage to save Sam, but show up a moment too late for Mikela, she's dead and gone. Sam is sad. Fade to black. ... White text: "5 Years Later" Now Sam has graduated college and they can move on, into the DOTM story clean!

This was my thought on how to best handle the Mikela character, considering how much time was spent in the first 2 movies developing Sam and Mikela's relationship. What started as a wild guess, now has some supporting evidence!

Midtown comics (and other online resources) has posted a summary to TF: Rising Storm part 3: --> the IDW comics prequel story to DOTM. They summarize the plot:

"It's all out war in Philadelphia, as Optimus Prime and the rest of the Autobots roll out to stop Starscream and his forces from killing Sam Witwicky! The biggest, most explosive battle in Transformers history begins here! The fate of the universe rests on the outcome and the action of this summer's hottest movie heats up right here!"

Yeah, it's not proof that the D's will kill Mikela in the opening scene of the film, but if the comic's plot is about Decepticon's attempt to kill Sam, this lays the groundwork for the D's could go after her in the film.

I could be right! What do you think?????
Perceptor's thirst for knowledge is unquenchable. He will seek it to the exclusion of all else.<br>
perceptor
Site Admin

Re: Discussion: How to Best Handle "Mikela" in DOTM

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:17 pm

She dumps Sam off screen. That's it. That's the explanation we're getting in the film.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby AmyBlue » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:38 am

Just a guess, but I'm going to go with, that they just won't deal with it. Sorta like how the first movie had a giant publically viewable battlescene at the end, but everything was still a secret at the start of the second movie; you know because it got in the way of the...

....umm...
...plot?

...anyhow. We'll be lucky if we get a line or two that even acknowlages the character existed.
AmyBlue

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:41 am

AmyBlue wrote:Just a guess, but I'm going to go with, that they just won't deal with it.
...anyhow. We'll be lucky if we get a line or two that even acknowlages the character existed.
This. I'm sure they won't go too deep into the matter, but they should at least mention her dumping Sam. Even if it's only in passing.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby JoeHavok » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Being that Mikela or whatever the actress name is who played the part, wasn't too kind in comments about Michael Bay. I think Bay will play off her demise minimally. Frankly she was hot, but I really hated her acting and character. I think all Bay can do is upgrade the part with the new girl that will play Carlie. So goodbye Mikela you won't be missed. Serious. I'm drawing a blank as to the actress who plays her. She dumped and then got married to 90210 actor Brain Austin Green...was in the Jonah Hex I didn't want to see, and Jennifer's body I heard was god awful. Oh well, that was her 15 minutes. Already sensing a VH1 where are they now special down the road.
JoeHavok

Postby AmyBlue » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:10 pm

While we're on the subject does anyone else find it a little bit creepy that Mikela Banes (or however you spells it) is an unsually close name to 'Micheal Bay'?
AmyBlue

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:27 pm

JoeHavok wrote:Being that Mikela or whatever the actress name is who played the part, wasn't too kind in comments about Michael Bay. I think Bay will play off her demise minimally. Frankly she was hot, but I really hated her acting and character. I think all Bay can do is upgrade the part with the new girl that will play Carlie. So goodbye Mikela you won't be missed. Serious. I'm drawing a blank as to the actress who plays her. She dumped and then got married to 90210 actor Brain Austin Green...was in the Jonah Hex I didn't want to see, and Jennifer's body I heard was god awful. Oh well, that was her 15 minutes. Already sensing a VH1 where are they now special down the road.
Megan Fox. She played "Mikaela"

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will play "Carly".

Correct spellings. ;)

AmyBlue wrote:While we're on the subject does anyone else find it a little bit creepy that Mikela Banes (or however you spells it) is an unsually close name to 'Micheal Bay'?
If Fox ever caught onto that, I bet it irked her, seeing as how she and Bay didn't see eye-to-eye (hence why she was canned from DOTM).

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby AmyBlue » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:29 pm

Sabrblade wrote:If Fox ever caught onto that, I bet it irked her, seeing as how she and Bay didn't see eye-to-eye (hence why she was canned from DOTM).

Dunno, just strikes me as sorta a weird, ego driven kinda thing for Bay. Look! I'm going to put my own name in my movies! I mean, really, who does that?
...well, b'sides, Mel Brooks, but he's allowed.
AmyBlue

Postby shockwave » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:50 pm

i think that there should be a break up right after rotf in the two years between it and dotm
it makes me mad that megan fox isn't gonna b in tf3
shockwave

Postby ironrod prime » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:11 pm

id like to see something along the lines of

sam sits on his bed and looks at a picture of mikala

a flash back acurs and we see sam and mikala in the library at sams college

mikala tells him that she cant take it anymore all the running around risking her life for an alien race and getting nothing in return

sam tries to talk to her but she wont listen and then she walks out of the library door and out of sams life forever

the flash back ends and sam tosses the picture in the trash
ironrod prime

Next

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion