Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Alternate Transformers Director

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Re: Alternate Transformers Director

Postby cyberwuss » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:50 pm

TriPredRavage wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:Bay hasn't done too well
I disagree. The first movie, I thought, was excellent. RotF was an unfortunate circumstance most likely due to the writer's strike, which was happening right as RotF was supposed to be written, resulting in a rushed script, and a subpar film. Bay can't acurately be judged as a TF film director until his run is over, which will most likely be after DotM.

I would like to Jon Favreau take the reins,though. I was really pleased with the first Iron Man, and Iron Man 2 is a strong sequel that kept the magic going. So he's shown that he's good with the sci-fi, nerdy genre already.

I have to agree with TPR. Spielberg is sometimes great, sometimes horrible (War of the Worlds anyone?) and if I absolutely had to pick a different person, it would be Favreau, though, I likely wouldn't make the swap having no problems with Bay.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby Tacticon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:11 am

Based on potential TF4 movie, I was hoping either Ridley Scott, Peter Jackson or Neil Bloomkamp (sp) would be ideal..... But then one should not stop from wishing.. :smile:
Tacticon

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Even though Bay's back, i still think the following would be just as good (if not better) choices.

Chris Nolan. Joe Johnston. Jon Favreau. J. J. Abrams. Alfonso Cuarón. Kurt Wimmer. Michael Mann. Duncan Jones. Bryan Singer. Ridley Scott. Peter Jackson. Neill Blomkamp. Gore Verbinski. Guillermo del Toro. Edward Zwick. Or hey, even have Spielberg himself direct.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby CYLON (13) » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 pm

I'd say Bryan Singer, J.J. Abrams or Speilberg. I haven't seen Cowboys And Aliens yet so I dunno about Favreau.

But that being said, I like Bay's style. He's a good fit for the TF's.
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Postby Sabrblade » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:38 pm

CYLON (13) wrote:I'd say Bryan Singer, J.J. Abrams or Speilberg. I haven't seen Cowboys And Aliens yet so I dunno about Favreau.
Favreau did both Ironman films as well.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby ironrod prime » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:34 pm

honestly at this point i cant see anyone but bay doing it and besides bringing someone else in would just throw off the feel of the movie(like what they did with harry potter not bad by any means but it jus feels off)
ironrod prime

Previous

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion