Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Alternate Transformers Director

TF1, ROTF, DOTM

Alternate Transformers Director

Postby Wing Saber » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:09 pm

So I got to thinking, Who would be the best director for the Transformers movies? Bay hasn't done too well, so who would have been the better choice? The conclusion I arrived at was Christopher Nolan. I mean, look at how amazing he did at the Batman movies! What's your opinion?
Wing Saber

Re: Alternate Transformers Director

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Chris Nolan would be an interesting choice. As far as anyone else... hmm.... I'll have to think about that. Directors aren't really my expertise. ;)

I'd kinda like to see George Lucas take a crack at it. Maybe.

Though, not Stephen King. :lol:
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby TriPredRavage » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Wing Saber wrote:Bay hasn't done too well
I disagree. The first movie, I thought, was excellent. RotF was an unfortunate circumstance most likely due to the writer's strike, which was happening right as RotF was supposed to be written, resulting in a rushed script, and a subpar film. Bay can't acurately be judged as a TF film director until his run is over, which will most likely be after DotM.

I would like to Jon Favreau take the reins,though. I was really pleased with the first Iron Man, and Iron Man 2 is a strong sequel that kept the magic going. So he's shown that he's good with the sci-fi, nerdy genre already.
TriPredRavage

Postby Blademan91 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:01 pm

Ive alwaysw wondered what transformers would be like if steven spielberg had been the director.

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Postby ironrod prime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:29 pm

robert rodriques or quinton terentino would be fun and ron howard would be interesting
ironrod prime

Postby Blademan91 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:07 pm

ironrod prime wrote:robert rodriques or quinton terentino would be fun and ron howard would be interesting

Thats just crazy enough to work

Dont mind me, Im just enjoying my milk.
Blademan91

Postby Sabrblade » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:46 am

Oh, even more than Stephen King, I would definitely NOT want Tommy Wisseau to direct.

"Oh hai, Optihmas. :roll:
Ya'ah taring me apaat, Bambuhbee!

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Tacticon » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:45 pm

I prefer Chris Nolan, Neil Blomkamp or John Carpenter.
Tacticon

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:35 am

Chris Nolan. Joe Johnston. Jon Favreau. J. J. Abrams. Alfonso Cuarón. Kurt Wimmer. Michael Mann. Duncan Jones. Bryan Singer. Ridley Scott. Peter Jackson. Neill Blomkamp. Gore Verbinski. Guillermo del Toro. Edward Zwick. Or Spielberg himself.

Any one of these would be better than Bay.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby starry* *night » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:43 am

It'd be fun to have somebody that was interested in the TFs really
instead of in girls and dirty gags.
Last edited by starry* *night on Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Next

Return to Transformers - Movie Discussion