Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Exodus Vs.

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

Re: Exodus Vs.

Postby Wing Saber » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:45 pm

Wing Saber wrote:WING SABER'S EXODUS VS PRIME - THE CHARACTERS
Ok, right now I'm at the part of Exodus where Megatron is aboard Trypticon for the first time, confronting Starscream, holding him by the neck
Before I get any further, I've decided to do this!
Autobots
Ratchet - As of yet, there has only been a mention of him in the book, not enough to compare
Bumblebee - He's very much like his future Prime self! He's got that determined fighting spirit! Like in Exodus, when he loses his voice, rather than going to work in the Hall of Records or somewhere else like most would, he keeps fighting! In Prime, when he loses his T-cog he's determined to still fight, and to get it back!
Optimus Prime - Sabr... now I understand why you hate Prime Optimus Prime so much. I would be ok with the character if it were a different character from Exdous, and I was before I read Exodus! But after seeing what a great character was developed, and then what they did to the very same character on the show... Disgraceful.
No mention of Arcee, Bulkhead, or Wheeljack yet
Decepticons
Soundwave - In Prime, Soundwave is depicted as having unwavering loyalty. In Exodus, he has far from it. He debates whether he could get a batter deal working for the High Council, and continually questions whether to stay with Megatron. Also, he has an army of Minicons in Exodus, and only one in Prime
Starscream - VERY similar! Whenever Starscream speaks in the book, I picture it in Steve Blum's Starscream voice, and it meshes perfectly!
Megatron - No doubt in my mind that these two are the same person.

Completed Exodus, so time to do a final...
WING SABER'S EXODUS VS PRIME - THE CHARACTERS PART 2
Autobots
Optimus Prime - At first I thought that there was no way they could be the same, but then I realized that Optimus Prime would make analytical and intellectual decisions, rather than personal and emotional ones, as he was a data clerk and tends to analyze everything
Ratchet - Made a few small appearances in Exodus, but during his few appearances I saw nothing similar nor different to his Prime character
Bumblebee - Very much the same! A fighting spirit, as I mentioned and explained it Part 1. Though, If Ratchet was able to fix his Voice enough that he could sometimes speak, how was he not able to completely repair it during the eons onboard the Ark
Cliffjumper - Like Ratchet, not enough for me to say whether he was similar or different
Bulkhead, Arcee, and Wheeljack made no appearances in Exodus
Decepticons
Megatron - I can very much see it. there is no doubt that they're the same person!
Starscream - Just like in Prime, Starscream repeatedly plots and schemes, then fails horribly.
Soundwave - Made few appearances after Part 1 of my post, so nothing has changed
Insecticons - Insecticons appear to have individuality in Exodus, as when fighting the combiner, he comments on how he hates any bot who would give up individuality and become a combiner, implying that they were individual before. They appear to have no individuality in Prime
No other Prime Decepticons made appearances in Exodus
Wing Saber

Postby cyberwuss » Fri May 11, 2012 4:10 pm

I read most of the book as Sabrblade did with WFC styled characters, but agree more with Wing Saber's character descriptions except for Megatron and Starscream. That probly had to do more with the fact that I was imagining everyone as their WFC looks as well so it might just be that I have less of a connection between Prime and Exodus than I do between WFC and Exodus because of the way I read it this time. The only guy I imagined different than WFC was Sentinel Prime who I kept imagining as almost looking like his DOTM self but acting more like Zeta from the WFC game.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Postby cyberwuss » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:36 am

cyberwuss wrote:I read most of the book as Sabrblade did with WFC styled characters, but agree more with Wing Saber's character descriptions except for Megatron and Starscream. That probly had to do more with the fact that I was imagining everyone as their WFC looks as well so it might just be that I have less of a connection between Prime and Exodus than I do between WFC and Exodus because of the way I read it this time. The only guy I imagined different than WFC was Sentinel Prime who I kept imagining as almost looking like his DOTM self but acting more like Zeta from the WFC game.

LOL, I was playing Fall of cybertron and War for cybertron, got a 3DS XL with Prime. BTW, I'm the true writer of Transformers (corey burton)

wing saber is up next as starscream, sabrblade looks like a grasshopper on my side of black hole.
The coward desires revenge but being afraid to die, he looks to others, maybe to the government of the day, to do the work of defense for him.
cyberwuss

Previous

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion