Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Exodus Vs.

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

Re: Exodus Vs.

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:You must admit, though, some of them ARE the constructicons, if not all of them. Look at the two guys in the middle. One has cement truck kibble, while the other appears to have shovel kibble. and the one to the far right has a shoved coming out of his waist.
No, some of them are using the character models of the Constructicons. Nowhere in that episode is it confirmed that the Constructicons of the present day are the same as the eight individuals who built Megatron. Plus, the Constructicons were good guys until they got brainwiped by Megs' Robo-Smasher. And, there's Megatron's line of having built them on Earth, despite us later being told the former by Omega Supreme.

there's a clear explanation for all of this... continuity errors
True for the latter two. Though, the flashback never explicitly confirmed the ones building Megatron to be the Constructicons, thus leaving it open. It is not entirely impossible for them to be the Constructicons (even Dr. Frankenstein didn't know what he was creating would ultimately be a monster), but it's still open for debate and was thusly excluded.

Also, I though you hadn't seen that episode yet.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Also, I though you hadn't seen that episode yet.

what episode is it?
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Also, I though you hadn't seen that episode yet.

what episode is it?
"Five Faces of Darkness, Part 4".

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:07 pm

Sabrblade wrote:"Five Faces of Darkness, Part 4".

correct, I have not
Wing Saber

Postby starry* *night » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:55 am

Sabrblade wrote:
starry* *night wrote:Do you think they are [(putting in those known but not always remembered tidbits from someone who's in depth interested - in the same sort of way as mentioning a "vocoder" for a TF Bumblebee's voicebox, since an author is probably a fan too in that sense[/size])]
referencing these guys ?
The Devastator(s) from Exodus are one of the specific cases of being a reference to something outside of G1. They are instead a reference to ROTF Devastator.

Those guys seen in the pic building Megatron do resemble the Constructicons, but it hasn't been confirmed within the cartoon itself that they are the very same individuals as the Constructicons. Some external material has led to the credibility that they might be, but not in the cartoon itself, which is what I was mostly going for in this.

I just thought whichever place the additional constructicons idea originated
might have been somebody playing around with their memory of that scene,
but we wouldn't know that unless a (movie or anything else) writer mentioned it.

I don't know if Wingsaber wants to discover everything about the episodes for himself so I'm just immediately before the scene of the 8 Constructicon-like guys working on Megatron it says "But, in time the Decepticons also learned how to transform" so I don't know if that implies the Constructicon style 8 -were- Decepticons adapting Megatron to make his transformeration ability - but they did follow him outside and watched him shoot an Autobot. this is in reference to another bit of the conversation.
I also wish I had a still frame of the Autobot in there for the Cybertron alt modes pictures>>.
I watched the Episode the other day after finding out it had a flashback/history sequence.
Last edited by starry* *night on Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:50 am

starry* *night wrote:I just thought whichever place the additional constructicons idea originated
might have been somebody playing around with their memory of that scene,
but we wouldn't know that unless a (movie or anything else) writer mentioned it.
ROTF showed a vast number of Constructicons, with a lot of them (more than six) forming Devastator while the rest attacked the village by themselves.

starry* *night wrote: immediately before the scene of the Constructicon-like guys working on Megatron it says "But, in time the Decepticons also learned how to transform" I don't know if that implies the Constructicon style 8 were Decepticons building Megatron's transformeration ability - but they followed him outside and watched him shoot an Autobot. this is in reference to another bit of the conversation.
Again, continuity errors are abound with the origins of the G1 cartoon Constructicons. :P

starry* *night wrote:I also wish I had a still frame of the Autobot in there for the Cybertron alt modes pictures>>.
I watched the Episode the other day after finding out it had a flashback/history sequence.
This guy? ;)

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby starry* *night » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:48 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
starry* *night wrote:I also wish I had a still frame of the Autobot in there for the Cybertron alt modes pictures>>.
This guy? ;)

Thanks there
A long while back I got curious and looked at all the listed Primes on wiki
and that page on him made me look up that episode the first time, but that was some time ago and I had forgotten all about it.
I should probably go through them again and pay better attention this time, I remember I even liked his mode but still didn't remember.
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby Wing Saber » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:22 pm

WING SABER'S EXODUS VS PRIME - THE CHARACTERS
Ok, right now I'm at the part of Exodus where Megatron is aboard Trypticon for the first time, confronting Starscream, holding him by the neck
Before I get any further, I've decided to do this!
Autobots
Ratchet - As of yet, there has only been a mention of him in the book, not enough to compare
Bumblebee - He's very much like his future Prime self! He's got that determined fighting spirit! Like in Exodus, when he loses his voice, rather than going to work in the Hall of Records or somewhere else like most would, he keeps fighting! In Prime, when he loses his T-cog he's determined to still fight, and to get it back!
Optimus Prime - Sabr... now I understand why you hate Prime Optimus Prime so much. I would be ok with the character if it were a different character from Exdous, and I was before I read Exodus! But after seeing what a great character was developed, and then what they did to the very same character on the show... Disgraceful.
No mention of Arcee, Bulkhead, or Wheeljack yet
Decepticons
Soundwave - In Prime, Soundwave is depicted as having unwavering loyalty. In Exodus, he has far from it. He debates whether he could get a batter deal working for the High Council, and continually questions whether to stay with Megatron. Also, he has an army of Minicons in Exodus, and only one in Prime
Starscream - VERY similar! Whenever Starscream speaks in the book, I picture it in Steve Blum's Starscream voice, and it meshes perfectly!
Megatron - No doubt in my mind that these two are the same person.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 am

Wing Saber wrote:WING SABER'S EXODUS VS PRIME - THE CHARACTERS
Ok, right now I'm at the part of Exodus where Megatron is aboard Trypticon for the first time, confronting Starscream, holding him by the neck
Before I get any further, I've decided to do this!
Autobots
Ratchet - As of yet, there has only been a mention of him in the book, not enough to compare
Bumblebee - He's very much like his future Prime self! He's got that determined fighting spirit! Like in Exodus, when he loses his voice, rather than going to work in the Hall of Records or somewhere else like most would, he keeps fighting! In Prime, when he loses his T-cog he's determined to still fight, and to get it back!
Optimus Prime - Sabr... now I understand why you hate Prime Optimus Prime so much. I would be ok with the character if it were a different character from Exdous, and I was before I read Exodus! But after seeing what a great character was developed, and then what they did to the very same character on the show... Disgraceful.
No mention of Arcee, Bulkhead, or Wheeljack yet
Decepticons
Soundwave - In Prime, Soundwave is depicted as having unwavering loyalty. In Exodus, he has far from it. He debates whether he could get a batter deal working for the High Council, and continually questions whether to stay with Megatron. Also, he has an army of Minicons in Exodus, and only one in Prime
Starscream - VERY similar! Whenever Starscream speaks in the book, I picture it in Steve Blum's Starscream voice, and it meshes perfectly!
Megatron - No doubt in my mind that these two are the same person.
When I was reading the book myself, I pictured everyone speaking in the WFC voices, so I heard Peter Cullen as Orion/Optimus, Johnny Young Bosch as Bumblebee, Fred Tatasciore as Megatron, Isaac C. Singleton Jr. as Soundwave, Sam Riegel as Starscream, Steve Blum as Soundwave (though, I may have to rework this voice depening on who voices him in FOC), Scott Whyte as Jazz (same case as Soundwave, since he'll also get a more prominent voice in FOC), and so on. While I know that, aside from Peter cullen, the voices in the game don't match the voices in the show, I like to think that, since the two take place several eons apart, that a lot of voices changed over time as body changes also occurred. ;)

Regarding Optimus, I will give TF: Prime credit for its portrayal of Orion Pax in that three-parter, as that performance of the character really brought me back to his portrayal in this book. 8-)

Regarding Soundwave, just goes to show how much he's developed from the time of the books/games to the time of the cartoon. From an uncertain loyalty to an undying loyalty. :smile:

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Regarding Optimus, I will give TF: Prime credit for its portrayal of Orion Pax in that three-parter, as that performance of the character really brought me back to his portrayal in this book. 8-)

Having thought about it more, they actually may have portrayed him acuratley in the show... Having been a data clerk, he bases most of his decisions and actions on intellectual and analytically levels, rather than emotional and personal ones!
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion