Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

Exodus Vs.

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

Re: Exodus Vs.

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:57 pm

Blademan91 wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:any comments on the above list as a whole?
I'm ready for some feedback .

Well I have yet to read Exodus, so I'm not the best person to go to for feedback on this! :lol:

Sadly its the same here, I havent gotten to read Exodus yet.
That doesn't necessarily matter. I included stuff from a ton of other series to look at. What matters is that this is a look at a good chunk of the entire scheme of the TF fiction in regards to how they differ form each other.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby starry* *night » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:43 am

This is great!

(even down to how beautiful it happens to come out with the color arrangement in the lettering is)
I'm going to keep a record of this grand wealth of facts.
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby starry* *night » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Sabrblade wrote:Exodus vs. WFC vs. G1
The presence and use of Energon
  • Both the Autobots and the Decepticons use Energon and Energon Cubes.
  • Both the Autobots and the Decepticons use Energon and Energon Cubes.
  • The Decepticons have a monopoly on Energon. In the first episode, Hound referred to them as being "some kind of cube", indicating that the Autobots were unaware of them until their reawakening on Earth in 1984. The "Traitor" episode makes it clear that the Autobots do not use Energon Cubes during this time in the war either, opting to use Recharging Chambers instead, as seen in “Attack of the Autobots”. They don't appear to start fully using them until some point closer to 2005. Though, the "War Dawn" episode does show the Autobots storing what look to be Energon Cubes during the flashbacks to Cybertron's Golden Age, but this could be explained in two ways. One, it could be another of the G1 cartoon's many continuity errors and nothing more. Or two, since the word "Energon" is never actually used in these scenes and only the word "energy" is spoken, it could instead be considered an animation error.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what source is
-- it could be Marvel comics I read a long time back or newer or G1 cartoon or even some G1 activity book --
but I have read in more than one place that in G1 Soundwave was supposed to be
one of few OR the ONLY Decepticon that could handle raw Energon,
Soundwave was the only one who could touch and apparently also able to process it...then I've heard this repeated on the internet long after I read it in person somewhere,
and of course in the cartoon it was he that produced the Energon cubes.
(I think something akin to this was said of the Omnicons also later series)

I don't remember what Autobot was ever specified as being able to touch raw Energon.

In the beginning sequence of G1 Ep1 cartoon the Autobots were collecting up "Energy Conductors"
so one could guess --- but nothings ever said that I've read
that Autobots had to use machine contained Energon until they studied one
of the Energon cubes Soundwave makes?? in the G1 series.
Last edited by starry* *night on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:10 am

starry* *night wrote:Unfortunately I'm not sure what source is
-- it could be Marvel comics I read a long time back or DW or G1 cartoon or even some G1 activity book --
Soundwave was the only one who could touch and apparently also able to process it...then I've heard this repeated on the internet long after I read it in person somewhere,
Don't recall ever hearing that. In either the cartoon or in the Marvel Comics. Unless it was from some other source (which is entirely possible), it sounds kinda like a fan rumor to me. :|

starry* *night wrote:I don't remember what Autobot was ever specified as being able to touch raw Energon.

In the beginning sequence of G1 Ep1 cartoon the Autobots were collecting up "Energy Conductors"
so one could guess --- but nothings ever said that I've read
that Autobots had to use machine contained Energon until they studied one
of the Energon cubes Soundwave makes?? in the G1 series.
The fact that the word "energy" is constantly used in that episode instead of "energon" leads to the credence that energon was not the sole form of energy used by the Transformers before coming to Earth in the cartoon. Energon even seemed to be a Decepticon-made product, it was always them who made hte energon, while the Autobots never showed to have any energon of their own.

"Attack of the Autobots" indicated that the Autobots used Recharging Chambers for their energy needs instead of Energon Cubes. And the "Traitor" episode showed Ratchet completely baffled at the idea of Mirage having been able to come into the possession of Energon Cubes at all, as though such were an near impossible feat for an Autobot to do.

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby starry* *night » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:45 am

Sabrblade wrote:
starry* *night wrote:Unfortunately I'm not sure what source is
-- it could be Marvel comics I read a long time back or DW or G1 cartoon or even some G1 activity book --
Don't recall ever hearing that. In either the cartoon or in the Marvel Comics. Unless it was from some other source (which is entirely possible), it sounds kinda like a fan rumor to me. :|

The part about he being the only one that can touch and process it ?
My best guess is that that is either in an activity book
or a coloring book I own from the 80's
I remember reading it many years ago with accompanying pictures
and I was in no way involved in any discussion with Transformers fans then.

I was listing the only basically possible things I could have seen at the time I first remember
learning it and I remember coming across it again second time when I was reading my newer and starting searching out tf stuff locally, and a third time on the internet about 2 years ago (it could even be on the backs of the Action Cards since I have 8 or so of them but I don't believe it is)

I had only watched about a maximum of 2 G1 Episodes back when I was young and first heard about Soundwave's ability to touch/handle raw Energon it was only my toys and books I was really familiar with at that time - I was just grasping at where I might have heard it since,
I watch it a lot now but unfortunately I usually end up watching the G1 show with way too much background noise going on
so I miss about a 3rd of what they have to say :-(
and I can't site stuff from that much til I really get to watch it undistracted.

BESIDE the Point:
I don't really have any knowledge at what time some writer first latched onto the idea that Energon is the natural semi-cybertonian occurring element, like it is in current times, that transformers have to dig up and search out for fuel, rather than the scientifically unreliable concept of Decepticons trying to produce (or copy) 'Energon' from anything
from gasoline to hydroelectric power, to imaginary comic written power sources or :lol: pixie sticks :lol: and planet collisions - to anything the Decepticons could attack just to be a menace in the 80's stories.
But somebody would have had to have had the natural element idea in mind to bother saying that about Soundwave.
I really do enjoy most the presence of terms ("native" to) Transformers use that you wouldn't hear in day to day conversation (unless you are listening to Transformers talk).
Last edited by starry* *night on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
starry* *night

Postby starry* *night » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:57 am

Sabrblade wrote:Exodus vs. G1 vs. the Movies vs. Animated
The # of Constructicons that form Devastator
  • It is believed that the Devastator who destroyed Crystal City had seven components.
  • If there are enough Constructicons present, two Devastators can be formed.
  • Only six Constructicons form Devastator, and there’s only one Devastator.
  • A varying amount of Constructicons can form Devastator. Sometimes six, sometimes seven, sometimes even as many as nine!
  • There are only three Constructicons, but none of them can combine.

Do you think they are [(putting in those known but not always remembered tidbits from someone who's in depth interested - in the same sort of way as mentioning a "vocoder" for a TF Bumblebee's voicebox, since an author is probably a fan too in that sense[/size])]
referencing these guys ?

I wish I had some entertaining feedback of some sort to give you on this because I really appreciate the way you did it.
Attachments
Megatronffod.jpg
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:24 am

starry* *night wrote:Do you think they are [(putting in those known but not always remembered tidbits from someone who's in depth interested - in the same sort of way as mentioning a "vocoder" for a TF Bumblebee's voicebox, since an author is probably a fan too in that sense[/size])]
referencing these guys ?
The Devastator(s) from Exodus are one of the specific cases of being a reference to something outside of G1. They are instead a reference to ROTF Devastator.

Those guys seen in the pic building Megatron do resemble the Constructicons, but it hasn't been confirmed within the cartoon itself that they are the very same individuals as the Constructicons. Some external material has led to the credibility that they might be, but not in the cartoon itself, which is what I was mostly going for in this.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:57 am

Sabrblade wrote:Those guys seen in the pic building Megatron do resemble the Constructicons, but it hasn't been confirmed within the cartoon itself that they are the very same individuals as the Constructicons. Some external material has led to the credibility that they might be, but not in the cartoon itself, which is what I was mostly going for in this.

You must admit, though, some of them ARE the constructicons, if not all of them. Look at the two guys in the middle. One has cement truck kibble, while the other appears to have shovel kibble. and the one to the far right has a shoved coming out of his waist.
Wing Saber

Postby Sabrblade » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Wing Saber wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Those guys seen in the pic building Megatron do resemble the Constructicons, but it hasn't been confirmed within the cartoon itself that they are the very same individuals as the Constructicons. Some external material has led to the credibility that they might be, but not in the cartoon itself, which is what I was mostly going for in this.

You must admit, though, some of them ARE the constructicons, if not all of them. Look at the two guys in the middle. One has cement truck kibble, while the other appears to have shovel kibble. and the one to the far right has a shoved coming out of his waist.
No, some of them are using the character models of the Constructicons. Nowhere in that episode is it confirmed that the Constructicons of the present day are the same as the eight individuals who built Megatron. Plus, the Constructicons were good guys until they got brainwiped by Megs' Robo-Smasher. And, there's Megatron's line of having built them on Earth, despite us later being told the former by Omega Supreme.

Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
Wing Saber wrote:

No, some of them are using the character models of the Constructicons. Nowhere in that episode is it confirmed that the Constructicons of the present day are the same as the eight individuals who built Megatron. Plus, the Constructicons were good guys until they got brainwiped by Megs' Robo-Smasher. And, there's Megatron's line of having built them on Earth, despite us later being told the former by Omega Supreme.

there's a clear explanation for all of this... continuity errors
Wing Saber

PreviousNext

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion