Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

character Energon Slugslinger question

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

Re: character Energon Slugslinger question

Postby starry* *night » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:49 am

Sabrblade wrote:
starry* *night wrote:I wasn't sure if the use of Energon characters ended with the story,
G1 never ends. :smile:
Nice Furmanism. ;)

Actually though BW didn't quit either.

Slugslinger was in an unrelated side story with less characterization in the Summer Special too, I don't quite count it as him - his face wasn't even drawn with the lens over one eye.

There might be Energon etc. stories coming back when the kids who watched it get to a certain age - ya think.
Don't change any of those front doors.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:11 pm

starry* *night wrote:Slugslinger was in an unrelated side story with less characterization in the Summer Special too, I don't quite count it as him - his face wasn't even drawn with the lens over one eye.
That still counts as part of the Dreamwave Energon comics. It was still him, art mistake or not.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby starry* *night » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:31 pm

I sort of just wanted to clarify though if someone is trying to get hard copy comics
I think they would have to ask for the 'Summer Special' or "20th Anniversary Transformers Summer Special"
from a retailer to acquire the story.

On the internet it's probably different the story might be
grouped with the other Energon material in downloads.

But I only now my real copy.
starry* *night

Postby Sabrblade » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:39 pm

I meant continuity-wise. It's part of the Dreamwave Armada/Energon comics continuity. The Slugslinger that appeared in that is the same person as the Slugslinger from the Dreamwave Energon comics.
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Postby Wing Saber » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:15 pm

starry* *night wrote:There might be Energon etc. stories coming back when the kids who watched it get to a certain age - ya think.

I hope so! I could use some Cybertron ones, maybe showing them on the new planets!
Wing Saber

Postby starry* *night » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:46 am

Sabrblade wrote:I meant continuity-wise. It's part of the Dreamwave Armada/Energon comics continuity. The Slugslinger that appeared in that is the same person as the Slugslinger from the Dreamwave Energon comics.

ok sorry
I was partly thinking of the aspect of somebody wanting to find the comic the other story is in when I first mentioned it but I definitely made the point unclear.
But on the other hand the way he acts , talks , (as well as the look) kinda takes a bit of a drastic change from anything he's like in the ongoing, I was hinting at my dislike for him by comparison in the Summer Special story
it doesn't quite seem to add up to following the same characterization if the way he seemed in ongoing actually interested somebody.

Since I was talking about both things I didn't know which you were responding to :oops:

Unrelated was entirely the wrong word I used but it has a notice that it's 'outside continuity' on the first page before the Summer story starts, and there's no event in the ongoing or the story finishing outlines (you directed me to :smile: :smile: ) that shows why HE is in the different situation he is in during the Summer Special story. So I'm not sure how the story relates.

It's all Illustrations of Energon Slugslinger , just with his character being played in different ways.

But I'm sorry for mixing fact and impressions too closely together.

I'd be interested to see if it seems the same to you after you have seen them.
starry* *night

Previous

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion