Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

character Energon Slugslinger question

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

character Energon Slugslinger question

Postby starry* *night » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:59 pm

Are Energon characters currently in any use ?
If so which issue (etc.) does Slugslinger appear in????

(I DON'T follow idw)
Last edited by starry* *night on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Don't change any of those front doors.
User avatar
starry* *night
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: character Energon Slugslinger question

Postby Sabrblade » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Energon Slugslinger has appeared in the Dreamwave Energon comic, the Dreamwave Energon pack-in comic (volume 3), and in the Fun Publications "Force of Habit" Club text story. Other than that, nothing else.

As for Energon characters in general, since the Energon franchise ended after 2004, there's not been much use of them since. Mostly due not only to Energon's end, but to the end of the whole Unicron Trilogy in general.

It's possible some of them could have shown up in later fiction as minor/background crowd filler roles, but I don't know of any particular cases.

You can go here and look through each character's fiction sections to see what all they've appeared in. Clicking through each subcategory reveals more characters to look through.

Though, off the top of my head, I do recall one character who appeared in fiction outside of the Unicron Trilogy. Energon Arcee (or rather, her Japanese version counterpart Super Link Ariel) appeared in the Alternity fiction as a Synthoid and a Protector using her new name of "Elita Seven".
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: character Energon Slugslinger question

Postby starry* *night » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:22 am

Thank You

I found a pdf version of
Force of Habit

but it leaves me a little confused, I've seen pictures of Energon "Sunstorm" that appear to be
the same artwork from that story but which aren't contained on the pdf pages
and I couldn't find whatever picture wiki refers to that -shows- Slugslinger?

I guess the real comic is formatted differently from the pdf ?
Maybe I'll see if I can buy it someplace.

I wasn't sure if the use of Energon characters ended with the story,
G1 never ends. :smile:
Image
Don't change any of those front doors.
User avatar
starry* *night
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: character Energon Slugslinger question

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:32 am

starry* *night wrote:but it leaves me a little confused, I've seen pictures of Energon "Sunstorm" that appear to be
the same artwork from that story but which aren't contained on the pdf pages
Wait. What "Energon Sunstorm"? :?

starry* *night wrote:and I couldn't find whatever picture wiki refers to that -shows- Slugslinger?
It wasn't a picture. It was a description of a "twin-cockpit jet" in the text.

starry* *night wrote:I guess the real comic is formatted differently from the pdf ?
Maybe I'll see if I can buy it someplace.
It wasn't a comic. And it isn't for sale. It's a text story available for members of the Official Transformers Collectors' Club (except that this one is strangely open to the public to read instead)

starry* *night wrote:I wasn't sure if the use of Energon characters ended with the story,
G1 never ends. :smile:
Nice Furmanism. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: character Energon Slugslinger question

Postby starry* *night » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:00 am

Your smarter than wikipedia
or at least better at clarifying a point

the only information I read on it was "Force of Habit", "Published by Transformers Collectors club"
something in some notes led me to believe it was a Botcon offered publication

Sabrblade wrote:
starry* *night wrote:but it leaves me a little confused, I've seen pictures of Energon "Sunstorm" that appear to be
the same artwork from that story but which aren't contained on the pdf pages
Wait. What "Energon Sunstorm"? :?


Let me re-type that -- Cybertron "Sunstorm"

A link on the Force of Habit wiki page goes to this
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sunstorm_(LOC)
^^the link is refusing to take the last ^^ parenthesis as a part of the link but that is the page address
and
he is listed in Force of Habit tfwiki Notes as being said by the author to be a character in the comic

I think tht tfwiki links the Force of Habit mention of Sunstorm to the wrong page !!!
There is a Cybertron series Mini-con which must have been the one the author meant
--

additionally I had repeatedly seen an illustration of (Thrust body style) Sunstorm which looked identical in the style of drawing
to the illustrations contained on the PDF page
(Universe Sunstorm is in Thrust's mold and was probably actually the character in the illustration
but I came down in between the Armada suggesting mold and the series switchover to Cybertron 'Force of Habit' comic accidentally calling him "Energon").
Image
Don't change any of those front doors.
User avatar
starry* *night
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: character Energon Slugslinger question

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:20 am

starry* *night wrote:Let me re-type that -- Cybertron "Sunstorm"

A link on the Force of Habit wiki page goes to this
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sunstorm_(LOC)
^^the link is refusing to take the last ^^ parenthesis as a part of the link but that is the page address
and
he is listed in Force of Habit tfwiki Notes as being said by the author to be a character in the comic

I think tht tfwiki links the Force of Habit mention of Sunstorm to the wrong page !!!
There is a Cybertron series Mini-con which must have been the one the author meant
I think the author meant the Legends of Cybertron versions, since the Mini-Con Sunstorm appears elsewhere in another comic in the same continuity.

starry* *night wrote:additionally I had repeatedly seen an illustration of (Thrust body style) Sunstorm which looked identical in the style of drawing
to the illustrations contained on the PDF page
(Universe Sunstorm is in Thrust's mold and was probably actually the character in the illustration
but I came down in between the Armada suggesting mold and the series switchover to Cybertron 'Force of Habit' comic accidentally calling him "Energon").
Ah, that Universe Sunstorm drawing came from the OTFCC 2004 souvenir guide. It was an image advertising that convention's live-action script reading, which was for the (post-Beast Machines) 2003 Universe series.
Image
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: character Energon Slugslinger question

Postby starry* *night » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Sabrblade wrote:
starry* *night wrote:Let me re-type that -- Cybertron "Sunstorm"

A link on the Force of Habit wiki page goes to this
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Sunstorm_(LOC)
^^the link is refusing to take the last ^^ parenthesis as a part of the link but that is the page address
and
he is listed in Force of Habit tfwiki Notes as being said by the author to be a character in the comic

I think tht tfwiki links the Force of Habit mention of Sunstorm to the wrong page !!!
There is a Cybertron series Mini-con which must have been the one the author meant
I think the author meant the Legends of Cybertron versions, since the Mini-Con Sunstorm appears elsewhere in another comic in the same continuity.


Two "Sunstorms" in the same continuity
hmm -- not enough Transformer names out there..


About the illustration I had kept finding a possibly reversed version??? of that, the yellow 'Sunstorm' character is facing the other way, but of course I couldn't find the reverse version last night when I wanted to.
Image
Don't change any of those front doors.
User avatar
starry* *night
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: character Energon Slugslinger question

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:02 am

starry* *night wrote:Two "Sunstorms" in the same continuity
hmm -- not enough Transformer names out there..
Heh, G1 had two Overrides, two Barricades, two Barrages, and two Sky Highs.
G2 had a mind-boggling mess between the names Jetstorm and Drench. Two of each, but with an extra layer of confusion that gets into the realm of redecos.
Beast Wars had two Prowls and two Silverbolts.
Beast Machines had a Quickstrike who wasn't Beast Wars Quickstrike.
RiD had Mirage and Mirage GT.
Armada had plenty of Mini-Cons whose names would be later shared with larger bots from Energon and Cybertron.
The Movies had two Jolts, two Skidses, two Mudflaps, two Jetfires, why, even two Arks and two Nemesises!
Animated had Longrack and Longrack Major, "Override" and Override Prime, Megatron and "Master Megatron", and all of the Starscream clones (though, most were given their own names retroactively).

It's a case of "Same universe, same name, different character". ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Re: character Energon Slugslinger question

Postby starry* *night » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:10 am

I was already dis-satisfied with how dis-orderly all the naming was in Armada-Energon-Cybertron
Unicron trilogy,
it was what started me making up characters.

In beast wars I know it's a case of historical and current transformers basically right?
Image
Don't change any of those front doors.
User avatar
starry* *night
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: character Energon Slugslinger question

Postby Sabrblade » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:06 pm

starry* *night wrote:In beast wars I know it's a case of historical and current transformers basically right?
In some cases, yes. Though for the two Prowls and two Silverbolts, one of each was later retconned into being their G1 selves still alive at the time, though this wasn't evident when the two first came out.

Oh, forgot two more.
Beast Wars had two Optimuses (Optimus Primal and Optimus Minor). Both of whom exist as natives to the same time period.
Armada and Cybertron each had a Mini-Con named Jolt. ;)
"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
User avatar
Sabrblade
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8582
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:09 pm
Location: Tampa, FL

Next

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest