Unicron.com: Transformers Collector Resource
Welcome to our forum! Login and introduce yourself!
-Lukis Bros & the Unicron.com community
(This message will self destruct once logged in.  :)

7 PAGE PREVIEW - TF: Robots In Disguise #1

Comics, Novels, Reference Books - anything TF related in print

7 PAGE PREVIEW - TF: Robots In Disguise #1

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Hey dudes and dudettes, I found this preview for the new IDW TF series which came out this week. I thought I'd post it for those that are on the fence about collecting a new series. From what I've heard, it doesn't sound like your typical TF series...it does sound interesting, though:

Transformers: Robots in Disguise spun out of Transformers: The Death of Optimus Prime, a recent one shot that sets up both Robots in Disguise and its sister series, Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye. Written by John Barber and James Roberts and illustrated by Nick Roche, the Prime one-shot was surprisingly immersive and existential, and provided this sci-fi fan with a sophisticated platform from which to launch into IDW's new Transformers mythology. The book is available on comiXology, and tells the story of a leader who finds himself incompatible in a world without war -- or, if you like, a robot without purpose now that his function has been fulfilled.

Prime leaves the newly liberated Cybertron in the hands of Bumblebee, which was quite a shock to me, and it is that diminutive Autobot's story that takes center-stage in Robots in Disguise. We see Bumblebee try to create a new and benevolent government and, really, a new society in which the Autobots' cousins, the Decepticons, are brought back into the fold along with a bitter group of robot refugees who've returned to find their home world torn apart by war.

Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye follows a splinter faction of Rodimus Prime (Hot Rod from the movie!) and other Autobots who've chosen to leave the strife at home and quest for the legendary Knights of Cybertron, supposedly the founders of the Transformers culture and a lost tribe who may still live somewhere in the universe, with an eye towards bringing them back and ushering in a new Golden Age.

Source

What'd ya think? Are you going to buy a copy?
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Re: 7 PAGE PREVIEW - TF: Robots In Disguise #1

Postby Sabrblade » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:01 pm

"When there's gold feathers, punch behind you!!"

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -- C.S. Lewis
Sabrblade
Site Admin

Re: 7 PAGE PREVIEW - TF: Robots In Disguise #1

Postby CYLON (13) » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:22 pm

:lol: You suck. :lol:

:grin:

J/K
Luv ya, buddy!

Sorry, folks. :oops:
"I will move away from here, you wont be afraid of fear" Nirvana
CYLON (13)

Return to Transformers - Comic & Book Discussion